Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Ill Wind (Weather Warden, #1)
This topic is about Ill Wind
Ill Wind > which warden would you be?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 51) (51 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Jane Higginson | 179 comments Im only at 13% page 36 out of 337, but this is where the wardens are described :
weather wardens - people who control water and air
earth wardens - divert planet crushing catastrophes
fire wardens - try to control the tendency of the planet to burn things to crispy ash.
Im getting the idea that there also seem to be those who have a little of everything.
so which warden would you be ?
In dragon age origins and dragon age 2 I was always drawn to the elemental powers especially in da2 and especially fire so I guess mine would be that one, though I do love the weather one also its very cool and Im also learning stuff about the weather I didnt know! lol

Chickenstitch | 8 comments I think I would be a weather warden something about controlling lightening appeals to me lol.

message 3: by Jute (new)

Jute | 238 comments I've always considered Fire to be my element...so I think I'd be a Fire Warden.

Courtney | 26 comments I've finished the book and I think the most impressive display was from the Earth Wardens. I would rock that power. :D

message 5: by Amber Dawn (new)

Amber Dawn (ginger_bug) | 146 comments I think I would probably go for fire. Or earth, but I don't think I'm emotionally chill enough to be an Earth warden.

message 6: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new) - rated it 5 stars

Felicia (feliciaday) | 594 comments Mod
I always play fire mages when I do D&D so I think that's pretty obvious pick for me haha

message 7: by Meghan (new) - added it

Meghan (mesulli) | 11 comments I like fire a lot (and love playing fire mages in WoW), but I think the Weather Warden is more up my alley.

Claire (transientmeow) | 194 comments I always get Earth in those "Which Element are you" type quizzes. I like the idea of the Earth Wardens in this book, but I wish we could see more examples than the scary police-type! I'm actually on the 3rd in the series right now, and so far Marion is the only major Earth power around. I always think of Earth as more nurturing and growing, so we'll see what happens in later books!

Gotobedmouse | 71 comments I would totally rock an Earth Warden, and the world would be full of Daisies and Black Eye Susans.

Diana | 107 comments I am a fire element to a tee. I would be a fire warden for sure.

message 11: by Jon (new)

Jon  | 91 comments Apparently I live up to my birth sign, Fire warden no question.

message 12: by Mrs_lolowar (new) - added it

Mrs_lolowar | 5 comments weather hands down

message 13: by Dawn (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dawn (wingedangeldawn) | 12 comments I think weather would keep you on your toes and keep you pretty busy and im kinda a chill person so i would go earth. Prob not as exciting as weather and fire but still just as powerful. =)

Katie | 2 comments I'd really like to think I'd be an Earth Warden. I like the idea of being super chill and connected to the earth but I think my emotions win out and I'd fit better as a Weather Warden.

Rachel (RachelLaRee) | 5 comments I'd love to be a fire warden, mostly because power over fire has always sounded intriguing, but with my personality I would probably be better suited as an earth warden, I'm a lot more like Marion from the books. :)

Leslie | 46 comments Definitely Earth. I'm a big time gardener, and I'm studying geography.

Nicole (LunaKaos) | 165 comments I guess as a fire twirler being a fire warden would be the obvious pick.

message 18: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack | 32 comments I would probably end up being an earth warden. When I play DA, I tend to lean toward all the ice stuff with Morgan, but I totally rock the earth stuff with Whin. I also almost always play a druid in D&D and my long time main character for EQ is a druid.

message 19: by Kamil (new)

Kamil | 938 comments i usually have a fiery attitude but being the eart's warden would hit the spot for me

Michelle ♣ Ndayeni (Ndayeni) | 64 comments Ok, I've only barely started the book - as in, I'm only a few pages in so far this morning - so I don't really know anything about these wardens yet, but just based on general concepts of the elements, I'd say I'd probably like being an earth warden. Which is kind of weird, because I am so not the outdoorsy or gardening type IRL, and the only kinds of plants I can keep alive are the type that you have to TRY HARD to kill them. Still, there's something very primal and nurturing about being able to influence the earth and growing things that appeals to me, at least on some levels.

message 21: by Kym (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kym I want to say weather because I love Jo, but the honest truth is I would probably be a Fire Warden.

message 22: by Lili (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lili (Liliumm) | 6 comments I think id most definitely say weather. everytime a storm rolls through I get hyper and excited. I love the sound of thunder and rain and the feeling of something looming close. I'm always drawn towards water.

message 23: by Lisa (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa Marsh | 22 comments Probably weather--I love the wind and the smell before rain. And thunderstorms, yeah, definitely weather.

Laurel | 36 comments As a Science teacher, the Weather Warden appeals to me the most. She makes it clear that you cannot manipulate the weather instantly and without consequences, which I loved. I'm a little shocked and awed that an author took the time to not only earn the science, but to weave it into the story line in a way that was somewhat interesting, rather than an info dump. Kudos!

Plus, I love a good crackin' thunder storm!

Justine | 45 comments :) I would probably be a weather warden - just because I've always enjoyed swimming, and hiking.

message 26: by Rune (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rune | 34 comments I think an earth warden for me :D

Carleen | 2 comments I would like to be an earth warden. I think fire would be too scary and I would rather not have storms chasing me down.

message 28: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 13 comments I think I'm gonna want to be more like Lewis but toned down a bit. I like the idea of having all three powers of control. Bu I'm not chill and earthy like an earth warden, nor am I like a fire warden. I guess I'm like a weather warden cause I do find that I relate a lot to Jo

message 29: by Paul (new) - rated it 3 stars

Paul | 49 comments I would be a doughnut warden. Behold the power of pastry.

message 30: by Jane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jane Higginson | 179 comments Paul wrote: "I would be a doughnut warden. Behold the power of pastry."

ahahahaha in that case im gonna be the chocolate warden lol

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I think weather warden sounds good to me. I like the idea of controlling the elements (atoms). I even like the idea of storms having a personality

JoAnna | 26 comments i would want to be the same as lewis...control it all

Karina | 21 comments Seeing as though I regress into child-like fear whenever I hear thunder I think I would probably be an Earth Warden, haha.

message 34: by Veritas (new) - added it

Veritas (Umbra_Veritatis) | 44 comments Fire warden seems like a nice fit for me

message 35: by Megan (last edited Aug 15, 2012 09:12AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Megan (marvelgirl22) Weather warden!
The storms had personalities and could be born out of Jo's fury-I also have a fiery temper but fire isn't for me.

Elzibub | 104 comments I'd likely be Earth - so many of my clothes are brown & green that I would be easily camouflaged, even without any special powers. :D

message 37: by Rachel (new) - added it

Rachel | 4 comments I think I would be a weather warden. I would be able to change the temp so you would never be too cold or to hot. As I live in the UK I could also change the weather so we don't get all the rain.

Maddy | 36 comments I'd want to be Earth, sounds cool to be at the core while fire and weather work above it.

message 39: by Doug (new) - rated it 2 stars

Doug | 31 comments weather for sure, being in a storm is awesome and you can share it, being in the middle of a fire or earthquake not so much... plus lets face it, if you can control, water and air and temperature like Jo, the limits of what you can do with a basic knowledge of physics and imagination would be awesome. oh and you can make your hair do that perfect move in slow motion breezy thing every time you are on a date or walk into an important meeting.

Christine  | 29 comments I think I would be a weather warden, fits my personality the best. Constantly changing and sometime really unpredictable. Can be calm, clear and soothing or wildly out of control. *le sigh*

message 41: by Cora (new) - added it

Cora Bryn | 2 comments I wish I could say earth, but. . . well, weather is a more likely one based on actual associations and the way I feel around various elements. (I stand on my porch during thunder storms out of adoration and because it's just. yeah.)

Vikki (Vikkikim) | 8 comments I've always loved Earth bending especially when shown in Avatar, the last air bender, but this book makes it hard to choose because the main focus is on weather bending. I'd still probably take Earth though, that quick sand part was pretty cool.

message 43: by Tanu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tanu (spongebobtanu) | 12 comments i'd wanna be an Earth Warden, if only to revive all the plants i've killed over the years. i even managed to kill a cactus once...

message 44: by Jane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jane Higginson | 179 comments Spongebobtanu wrote: "i'd wanna be an Earth Warden, if only to revive all the plants i've killed over the years. i even managed to kill a cactus once..."

lol you sound as bad as me im terrible with plants, ive been given 2 orchids as gifts and I think ive killed them both! so its definitly fire or weather warden for me!

message 45: by Tanu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tanu (spongebobtanu) | 12 comments Jane wrote: "Spongebobtanu wrote: "i'd wanna be an Earth Warden, if only to revive all the plants i've killed over the years. i even managed to kill a cactus once..."

lol you sound as bad as me im terrible wi..."

omg, orchids are the worst! even the greenest thumb would have trouble i think.

Madison E. (MadiEMartin) | 228 comments I'd have to go with Weather Warden, but more focused on water. I've always loved water, probably comes from my mermaid namesake. My first D&D character was a sea elf ranger - made for interesting nights at inns. "We'd like a room and a bathtub for the fish-girl. Thanks"

message 47: by Jes (last edited Aug 25, 2012 06:54PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jes (Tiaama) | 110 comments Felicia wrote: "I always play fire mages when I do D&D so I think that's pretty obvious pick for me haha"

Agreed, me too!

message 48: by Amber Dawn (new)

Amber Dawn (ginger_bug) | 146 comments Spongebobtanu wrote: "i'd wanna be an Earth Warden, if only to revive all the plants i've killed over the years. i even managed to kill a cactus once..."

Off topic, but it's actually kind of easy to kill a cactus, by watering it too much. (My boyfriend is obsessed with cacti, we have a 2 bedroom apartment with 50+ cacti in it. It's a large apartment, but... yeah. Plenty cactus.) It's also pretty easy to keep them alive as long as you get them sunlight as needed, and almost never water them. Like, once a month water them, or less.

message 49: by Tanu (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tanu (spongebobtanu) | 12 comments Amber Dawn wrote:

Off topic, but it's actually kind of easy..."

my mom killed her cactus that way - she said, at one point the thing was so swollen with water, it could not support its own weight and sort of fell over, hahahah!
mine i think was under watering - can you imagine!!

message 50: by Jane (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jane Higginson | 179 comments Spongebobtanu wrote: "Jane wrote: "Spongebobtanu wrote: "i'd wanna be an Earth Warden, if only to revive all the plants i've killed over the years. i even managed to kill a cactus once..."

lol you sound as bad as me i..."

yeah I have one orchid that im trying to keep going but its looking very sorry for itself lol, they are such fussy, particular plants I cant be doing with them!

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread