Cyberpunk discussion

cyborg characters

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tania (new)

Tania | 2 comments
Anyone read any cyberpunk (other fiction) with interesting cyborg characters that was published after 2000?

message 2: by Jacinda (new)

Jacinda (alynnakasmira) | 2 comments Are you familiar with Kage Baker's 'Company' series? Not really cyberpunk, but most of the characters are cyborgs. All but I think the first 2 books (of 7) were published after 2000.

message 3: by Tania (new)

Tania | 2 comments Hi Jacinda, thankyou for replying to my question :o) Yes, I love Kage Baker and the company series. I wonder how it would be classified if not as cyberpunk? Cheers, TLee.

message 4: by Jacinda (new)

Jacinda (alynnakasmira) | 2 comments Not sure, I'm not very good at genre classification...

message 5: by Grégoire (new)

Grégoire | 5 comments Ghost in the Shell! At least, the last episodes were made after 2000...

message 6: by Chris (new)

Chris | 1 comments What about Sergei Chen Chu from William C. Dietz's Legion of the Damned series? He becomes a cyborg in the second book and is in all the following books....admittedly it's more of a military science fiction than cyberpunk though...

message 7: by Kat (last edited May 03, 2009 11:19PM) (new)

Kat (katfeete) | 1 comments Another good one is Elizabeth Bear's first series, starting with Hammered. While perhaps not cyberpunk by its strictest definition, it has a cyborg for its main character.

Can't think of any more just at the moment, but it's late. I'll keep thinking.

message 8: by Molly (new)

Molly (MollyHell) | 12 comments I tried Dietz's Legion series first book. I didn't finish it. Too badly written. Sad cause the idea has a lot of potential.

message 9: by Oliver (new)

Oliver Kellow | 4 comments Accelerando is generations of cyborgs from 80s cyber parephanalia to group minds and google glassy to transhuman embedded concioussness. It's a few characters that manage to travel through all these states.

If you are into comics or manga read blame! Or biomega by nehei

message 10: by Tiger (new)

Tiger | 2 comments Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence: After the Long Goodbye by Masaki Yamada was really good. A good 90% of the characters are cyborg to one extent or another. I know its labeled "2" but that is because it is a a prequel to the movie Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence which is, in fact an anime (i know how looked down upon those can be), but is a really good one. Both the Movies and the TV show was great, and this book continues that legacy. Definitely worth a read in my humble opinion.

unread topics | mark unread