Who's Your Author? discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives - '09 - '10 > Introduce Yourself!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.

Comments (showing 503-552)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 552: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hi Regan, welcome!

message 551: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hey Cat, welcome to the group!

message 550: by Cat (new)

Cat (Dodger_Thirteen) Hello. My name is Caitlin but everyone calls me Cat. I had no choice in the matter, so it just kind of stuck.

I've loved stories ever since I was a kid and that love just grew exponentially as I grew up. I'm now a student of English here at uni and just adore books of all kinds, both "Literature" and novelry. (Novelry is apparently not a "real" word, but I love it, so there.)

My favourite type of book is urban fantasy, though I prefer to call them supernatural thrillers. The term urban fantasy never really appealed to me, and most of the books that I read tend to be thrillers - or at least be attempting such - with a supernatural bent. Still, the prevailing title is urban fantasy and that is what I am stuck calling it.

As for authors, I tend to just read and bounce from book to book. My favourite right now is Patricia Briggs, which seems to be pretty popular around here. I've read Caitlin Kittridge's books since we share the same first name and spelling, but I'm not very impressed; I tend to call her my "crack" author, in the sense that I know it's bad for me and that it might one day kill me, but I can't help it.

I just finished reading Grave Witch by Kaylana Price and it was pretty good. Nothing phenomenal, but it had some interesting ideas and I look forward to seeing where the series goes in the future.

I guess that's it...sorry for all the words, I tend to ramble and just type. Nice to be here and I hope to have some interesting discussions with y'all.

-Cat

message 549: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hey Georgie, welcome to the group! I think you will definitely find people in this group that have the same tastes as you in books.

Good luck!

message 548: by Georgie (new)

Georgie Payne (georgiep) | 18 comments I'm Georgie and I basically can't get enough of UF and PNR. My favorite all time is Keri Arthur and her Riley Jenson series I also really love Laurel K hamilton and her Anita Blake series. Anything with a were anything in it and I'll read it. :-) If any of you want to friend me please go ahead this is my first time on goodreads and I'm hoping to make some friends with a common interest

message 547: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hi Lisa, welcome to the group. I hope you find some more books to add to your collection!

message 546: by Lisa (new)

Lisa O'malley (Lisagrl42) | 21 comments Hi, my name is Lisa, I love reading anything paranormal,urban fantasy,historical romance,I could go on forever but, paranormal (especially Vampires) are my obsession!! Yum.

I look forward to making new friends, glad i found GR.

message 545: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hey Jen, welcome to the group and to GR's. You definitely have people here that will understand your obsession!

message 544: by Jen (new)

Jen Hi! My name is Jen
Im brand new to GoodReads and looking forward to finding out more.
I started reading Urban Fantasy 2 years ago - and haven't stopped since. I can't remember every book I've read unless I see it in front of me so I love the lists in this place :)

I am looking forward to getting to know people and discussing books with you. My family just doesn't get my obsession :)

message 543: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hi Amanda, sounds like you are in the right group! Welcome!

message 542: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi. My name is Amanda. I will read anything, but I tend to lean toward books with a bite! I love paranormal, especially if they scare me!

message 541: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hey Vic, welcome to the group. I also switch up the genres often so I don't get bored!

message 540: by Vic (new)

Vic (Vicaet) | 14 comments Hey there - have been HUGE PNR/UF fan for many years. I'm not sure who I first read to put me on this path but I don't pause to ponder it because that gives me less time to read! I usually have to throw in some mystery/thriller works to break things up when reading these books seem way to similar or it starts feeling stale. I also do some romance suspense.

Also, I do a lot of "reading" through audiobooks. Most times I've already read the book/ebook before doing audio but I'm a huge fan of audible. ;)

message 539: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hi Chelsy, welcome to the group. I have definitely been on the werewolf kick before, it's a great place to be :)

message 538: by Chelsy (new)

Chelsy Hello everyone I'm Chelsy and I'm a book addict and I love love love PNR/UF!!!
I am currently on a werewolf kick but it all started with a "Dark" book by Ms. Feehan 9 years ago.:)

message 537: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Donna wrote: "I honestly at first didn't think I would like it but my niece kept insisting and boy was she right , trusted her tastes since then as well"

Smart move to trust her :)

Donna (BLHmistress) (BLHmistress) | 11 comments I honestly at first didn't think I would like it but my niece kept insisting and boy was she right , trusted her tastes since then as well

message 535: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Welcome to the group Donna. Kenyon was also the first author I read that was in this genre and I haven't looked back since!

Donna (BLHmistress) (BLHmistress) | 11 comments Hi My name is Donna , honestly didn't care for Paranormal until My niece badgered me lol to try Sherrilyn Kenyon and I have been addicted ever since

I do still love Historical but haven't read any in awhile . My fave Authors include Sherrilyn Kenyon,JR Ward Lara Adrian, Larissa Ione, Gena Showalter and many more

message 533: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) Tracy wrote: "I'm 38 years old and thought I didn't like to read until someone told me to read Twilight. I just wasn't reading the right types of books for me. Since reading Twilight, I have been hooked on rea..."

haha. that's the same wit me. i guess it all had to do wit funding out wht genre i liked. so thankful for twilight.

message 532: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hi Tamara, welcome to the group. Charlaine Harris is one of my favorite authors as well! Hope you enjoy yourself here.

message 531: by Tamara (new)

Tamara | 1 comments Hi,

My name is Tamara, I'm from Belgium. So my English is not so good. I read the books in English, but I don't write of speak it often. So sorry if I write things wrong.

I started recently reading paranormal romance and I am addicted! Some of my favorite authors are Charlaine Harris, Laurell. K. Hamilton, Richelle Mead, ...
My to read pile is daily increasing :-)
So I hope that I will find here some new books that I can add to my to read pile :-)

message 530: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hi Tracy, welcome to the group :)

message 529: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 1 comments I'm 38 years old and thought I didn't like to read until someone told me to read Twilight. I just wasn't reading the right types of books for me. Since reading Twilight, I have been hooked on reading. I love paranormal romances and contemporary romances. I love J.R. Ward, Larissa Ionne, and Charlaine Harris. Hopefully since finding this new passion, I will be able to add many more authors to that list.

message 528: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Allie wrote: "hay all my name is Alisha, and it all started with Laurell K. Hamilton, first the Anita Blake series then Merry Gentry. Now my list has grown quite a bit. I read (in no order here lol)Kim Harrison,..."

Hey Alisha, I look forward to chatting with you. Welcome to the group.

message 527: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hi Lyric, welcome to the group. If those are your favorite genres than you are in good company :)

message 526: by Allie (new)

Allie V (purpledelphini) | 2 comments hay all my name is Alisha, and it all started with Laurell K. Hamilton, first the Anita Blake series then Merry Gentry. Now my list has grown quite a bit. I read (in no order here lol)Kim Harrison, Devon Monk, Lucy Snyder, Jaye Wells, Jennifer Estep, Kat Richardson, Margaret Ronald, Patricia Briggs, Charlaine Harris, Faith Hunter, Linda Roberts, Jeaniene Frost, Phaedra Weldon, Jes Battis, Lyn Benedict, M.l.n. Hanover, Seanan McGuire, Kelly Meding... I am sure there will be more before long I keep finding more and more Authors to read.

message 525: by Drea (new)

Drea | 10 comments So I'm not sure if I already Introduced myself or not but I'm going to start my saying my name is Lyric (I have other names but I go by that one) and I absolutely love reading Paranormal and Ubran Fantasy books. :)

message 524: by Melanie (last edited Oct 25, 2010 08:51AM) (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 4 comments Hi y'all! My name is Melanie, 23 y.o., and I'm a book addict! I'm French & American but live in Switzerland, and since I have a hard time buying english books here, I buy most of them online or when I'm in the US.. I currently have over 1000 books on shelves or in piles on my floor waiting to be read:-D

I'm a huge fan (read addict) of PNR, fantasy, HR and HF, although I also enjoy contemp romance.. Favorite series of all time are the Tairen Soul (last book just came out!) books and the BDB:-)

message 523: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hi Rick, welcome to the group. I hope you enjoy it here.

message 522: by Rick (new)

Rick F. | 1 comments Hi, Rick here- Founder of THE JAMES MASON COMMUNITY BOOK CLUB, I love UF- favorites would have to be Jum Butcher (Friend of his sister) and JR Ward. I also really enjoy the Warhammer Books- espcially the Felix and Gotrek novels. I love the L Paul Wilson Repairman Jack books as well- which I have to consider Urban Fantasy. Happy to be partof this great Group!!!

message 521: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hi Megan, welcome to the group!

message 520: by Meg (new)

Meg (Petlover80) | 1 comments Hi every1, my name is Megan. I love to make new friends. My genre is paranormal.

message 519: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) thanks, hun.

message 518: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments hi Mariya, welcome to the group!

message 517: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) hello. im mariya. and i started out wit twilight, i neva read like anything and after twilight i just started going crazy wit books. i love PNR and UF.

Kerstin ~ (SheReadsByMoonlight) Thanks Jess! I'm sure I will :)

message 515: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Welcome to the group Kerstin (from msg. 519)! Hope you like it here.

Kerstin ~ (SheReadsByMoonlight) Hi everyone! I am also a Kerstin (*waves at namesake from msg 515*) and I also grew up in Southern Germany, but I'm living in sunny Australia for the past few years.
I love all things paranormal and my list of favourite authors is endless; some of them are J.R. Ward, Ilona Andrews, Patricia Briggs, Kresley Cole, Gail Carriger...
Looking forward to chat with all you guys!

message 513: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hi Welwyn, welcome to the group!

message 512: by Welwyn (new)

Welwyn Katz | 4 comments Greetings. I'll read almost anything in the fantasy genre. Paranormal relationships is new for me but interesting. Has anyone read "Sunshine" by Robin McKinley? She's a fabulous author, her books just fill me with delight. This one is (I think) her first paranormal one. Very good. Hope to be introduced to some more good ones here.

message 511: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hi Kerstin! Welcome to the group!

message 510: by Kerstin (new)

Kerstin | 1 comments Hi, I am Kerstin, sitting here in my Black Forest Home in Southern Germany and just stumbled across your wonderful group! I really love books and enjoy reading Kenyon, Ward, Feehan, Brockmann and many others. And as I can't wait for books to be translated into German I usually read them as they come... in English ;)

message 509: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 7 comments thanks

message 508: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Karen wrote: "Hi Everyone - I just realized that while I joined a while ago I never posted an intro here. Anyway, my name is Karen and I live in Massachusetts with my dog and an ever growing TBR pile. Like man..."

Hi Karen! Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. I love the Mercy Thompson series, that is definitely a great intro to UF books!

message 507: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hi Matthew! Welcome to the group.. and you can definitely find recommendations for books all over. Hope you enjoy it here :)

message 506: by Matthew (new)

Matthew | 7 comments hey... im Matthew 20yo, started with well harry potter, who didnt my age? work at a book store starting tomorrow. been reading a long time find more pleasure out of a good book then a good movie.

I like PNR and UF where a single couple developes and grows over time..Magic bites/Cry wolf, etc I love entertaining books that have lots of action especially when a hero/heroine work together. hate love triangles. always takin recommendations on new stuff to read.

message 505: by KarenF (new)

KarenF (CleoCleveland) | 51 comments Hi Everyone - I just realized that while I joined a while ago I never posted an intro here. Anyway, my name is Karen and I live in Massachusetts with my dog and an ever growing TBR pile. Like many others I found my way to PNR through the Sookie Stackhouse books. Amazon kept recommending JR Ward, Kenyon and Kresley Cole so I broke down and started on the BDB and after that I was hooked. I'm newer to the UF side of things and I'm currently loving the Mercedes Thompson series. I also enjoy mysteries and historical romance. I'm looking forward to the October reads since I haven't read either book but they both look interesting.

message 504: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Hi Helena, welcome to the group!

message 503: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn (PNRBookworm) | 6 comments It does - thanks!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dark Magic (other topics)
Visions of Heat (other topics)
Backup (other topics)
Shutter Island (other topics)
A Rush of Wings (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kim Harrison (other topics)
J.D. Robb (other topics)