Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

finnick dieing

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Elizabeth any point at all ? was it good or bad?

i personally would of liked to know more on how it effected annie.

Alexandria Well it made everyone cry like a baby if that's a reason... but I don't think so.

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy Gideon I think him dying, like Prim, added weight to the story. No one really got a happy ending in this story, which I think made the story more believable.

I was routing for Finnick to have a happy ending. Heck, I was hoping for happy endings all round, but I think it's better the way it is.

Sanja I really disliked the way Finnick died. He was such an important part of the book that I think he deserved a more epic death than the one or two sentences he got. I had to read the part when he died a few times because it just wasn't enough for me!

Turner I don't think his dying was necessary to the story; just a nother dramatic, no one gets a happy ending thing. However if she did feel it was necessary, I agree that he wasn't done justice; he totally deserved more than a couple of sentences all of a sudden. Just like Fred Weasley. Such a lame end for amazing characters!

Gretchen When in life do great people or people we love die in a way "that does one justice?" Why should art be better then life? When you read the headlines oversees, you see articles daily about 20 killed in roadside bomb, 12 killed in helicopter crash. There is no build up no dramatic just end, it's simply the awfulness of war.

Robyn Don't forget, too, that the story was told from Katniss's perspective. She was a "take it or leave it" kind of girl. She wasn't one to dwell or think things over. She lived in the moment. It wasn't that she wasn't sad, she had seen so much death in her life that it was common place, and part of her life.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Dude I totally forgot he died:( must have blocked it out due to trauma. Why'd you remind me?:( dang

Brianna God! His death had no reason (none that I could see)! I got angry and annoyed at Suzanne for killing him.

Yzabel Ginsberg Maybe it was necessary, but I'd still have liked it to be different. The way he died was just lame, and made me feel like it was rather a case of "crap, I'm nearing the end of the story and haven't killed enough main characters yet... let's pick one".

ßk☼lvr All I know is by the end of book 2, I learned...DON'T get ATTACHED to ANY character!!

Princess de i didn't like all the Mockingjay death scenes especially finink and i'v never think for a min S.C will kill him that way !!

Maryam He didn't need to die !!!!!!!!

Cristina His death was unnecessary and sad like if he was going to die why make him have such happy moments just before his death! And make him become after it! He is my favorite character I stopped reading the book for 3 days after I read his death.

message 15: by Christy (new) - added it

Christy I loved Finnick! He was my favorite him and Boggs.. but nope they had to get killed off. He was sooo short like 3 sentences if that and wham they forget.. I would have be awesome to read about what Annie was going through. but at least she has the baby (Annie)

Elizabeth Day There wasn't necessarily a point to it. It was sad though.

Minnie Dreamer Bad. He absolutely didn't need to die. He died for no reason, I think.

message 18: by Nicole D. (last edited Aug 13, 2012 05:45AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nicole D. I think the point was there was no point.It was War and war is full of pointless death.Plus Not just the bad guys die in war.

message 19: by Ben (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ben They did not need to make him die. If he survived, it would not have been any different then it is.

Godiva3 I was so sad, especially for Annie and their baby.

Cecilia Carreon HE REALLY DIDNT NEED TO DIE. not to mention he had a baby coming :( i was sooo upset he was one of my fav characters he suffered so much and was a pure soul even though his body wasnt. he had a beautiful mind and he deserved a happy ending so did Annie and his child. He shouldnt have died.

Cinthya Mori Cecilia wrote: "HE REALLY DIDNT NEED TO DIE. not to mention he had a baby coming :( i was sooo upset he was one of my fav characters he suffered so much and was a pure soul even though his body wasnt. he had a bea..."

I think the same!

Cecilia Carreon We didn't even have time to mourn the story was moving so fast. i wanted time to grieve with those that loved him but no the book kept moving :( poor finnick.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Mockingjay (other topics)