The Night Circus The Night Circus discussion

Comments (showing 1-15 of 15) (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rita (new) - added it

Rita Hello!For what ages is this book better?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

This a normal adult book, so I'm not sure why you're asking.

Tiffany I would say 41 is the ideal age for this book. 42 might be okay, and maybe 40. But anything more either way is pushing it ...

★ Mist ☆ Cassidy ★ I'm a teenager but I read it with no difficiluties. I found the content suitable for the Young-Adult groups :P

Henry Le Nav Tiffany wrote: "I would say 41 is the ideal age for this book. 42 might be okay, and maybe 40. But anything more either way is pushing it ..."

I beg to differ, I read it at 62 pushing 63 and had no difficulties, perhaps I am precocious.

Seriously, I think the book is suitable for YA and older.

Licha Tiffany wrote: "I would say 41 is the ideal age for this book. 42 might be okay, and maybe 40. But anything more either way is pushing it ..."

I'm curious how you came to this conclusion? Why 40-42? So someone who's 43 would just be too old to like this book and someone who's 39 is not old enough to get what the book's about? That doesn't make any sense.

Linda (Miss Greedybooks) Licha wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "I would say 41 is the ideal age for this book. 42 might be okay, and maybe 40. But anything more either way is pushing it ..."

I'm curious how you came to this conclusion? Why 40-..."

This is on my TBR & I am also curious at to why I might not be the 'right age' for this? I am not sure that most books would have a right age, maybe inappropriate for some ages, but I love to read books written for different ages depending on my mood.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Licha wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "I would say 41 is the ideal age for this book. 42 might be okay, and maybe 40. But anything more either way is pushing it ..."

I'm curious how you came to this conclusion? Why 40--42? So someone who's 43 would just be too old to like this book and someone who's 39 is not old enough to get what the book's about? That doesn't make any sense."

I guess sarcasm doesn't translate well into writing, for some people ;)

Linda (Miss Greedybooks) Oh - who knew? Maybe a *sly giggle* would tip me off? Too bad there isn't a sarcasm font, ;P

Kathy Boy. Makes you not want to bother asking a question....

message 11: by Licha (new) - rated it 1 star

Licha Tiffany's comment did not sound sarcastic. It sounded like an actual opinion, even though I did not get where she was coming from with that age group.

☯Emily I think Tiffany was being 'funny.'

Tiffany This was a joke. I was feeling silly on the day I answered this question, and I apologize for any confusion it may have caused.

Kierra I read this book this summer and I'm 14. I understood it perfectly and have read much more difficult books than this one. There is only one "inappropriate" part in it and it's not like it was being descriptive or something. So, I would say it could be for teenagers to adults.

The Mighty Katara There's one f-word in the book and one undescribed sex scene. It's pretty mild. I read it and I'm fifteen, but it is considered adult.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Night Circus (other topics)