Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Threads > General Rules of the Road (Board Rules)

Comments (showing 51-88 of 88) (88 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 2 next »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 51: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 5974 comments Mod
What Genre do you read Evy?

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) (Gatadelafuente) | 7215 comments Mod
Hey, Evy! Good to see you here.

message 53: by Arch , Mod (new)

Hi Sweet. Welcome!

message 54: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (last edited Jul 25, 2009 12:12AM) (new)

CaliGirlRae (Rae_L) | 2000 comments Mod
Heya SweetT and welcome! Good to see ya in the group and at Goodreads!

A belated welcome to Evy also. :-)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) (Gatadelafuente) | 7215 comments Mod
Glad to see you here, SweetT. The more you use Goodreads, the easier it gets. The first thing I did was start adding books to my shelf. You can make as many shelves as you want, so I have some pretty crazy shelves. Also just browse and make friends. I invite people as friends who like the same kinds of books as I do, or that wrote a really great review that i liked. Pretty soon you'll have thousands of books on your shelves and hundreds of friends, and be horribly addicted to Goodreads. I hope I'm not scaring you. :)

message 56: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Welcome Sweett

message 57: by Arch , Mod (new)

If you write Sweett and you have time, join our uniform challenge. We will be writing an interracial story where the hero, heroine or both work for companies where they were uniforms: Cop, Firefighter, Pilot, etc. There's no deadline.

message 58: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

I swear they should name this place Cafe Goodreads. Pull up a chair, grab a cup of joe and share some good reads with friends. :-)

message 59: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Huxford (blackpanthershay) | 970 comments Rae wrote: "I swear they should name this place Cafe Goodreads. Pull up a chair, grab a cup of joe and share some good reads with friends. :-)"

Forget the cup of joe, how about rice and peas, baked chicken and macaroni pie?

No kidding. Good thing I don't have kids. They would be Goodreads Orphans. :)

message 61: by Arch , Mod (new)

Sweett wrote: "Hi Arch, no I'm not a writer, just a voracious reader. I always think it would be nice to write, but I haven't been bitten by that bug."

Okay, no problem Sweett. Readers are good too.

I hope that whomever reads The Agent that it doesn't bore them. I love writing and already scenes are running through my head. I will not start the story just yet. I might throw out a prologue this week.

message 62: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Danielle wrote: "No kidding. Good thing I don't have kids. They would be Goodreads Orphans. :)"

Lol Goodreads Orphans.

I agree with Maya. I can tell it's going to be awesome.

message 63: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments Hello everyone, I'm new here to the group. I've been a Good Reads member for some time now, but I'm still finding my way around.

message 64: by Arch , Mod (new)

Hey Brenda. Welcome. Join the fun.

Hey Brenda. Welcome aboard!

message 66: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

message 67: by Arch , Mod (last edited Aug 25, 2009 08:32AM) (new)

Hey Brenda, do you write? If so, feel free to join in our writing challenges. Some of us are writing a Royal Challenge, but our next one will be a uniform challenge. Eugenia started the Uniform challenge already. I will be starting it, after I finish up Courage. I have written a prologue to my Uniform story called The Agent.

You don't have to participate in the writing challenges. I have to admit they are fun though.

We have some great writers on here. Danielle, Rae, Dreamwild1985 and Eugenia. I'm waiting to read stories by other members, only if they want to write.

message 68: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments Arch wrote: "Hey Brenda, do you write? If so, feel free to join in our writing challenges. Some of us are writing a Royal Challenge, but our next one will be a uniform challenge. Eugenia started the Uniform cha..."

Thanks, I check it out. And yes, I do write. I am present I working on completing a full length novel I started awhile back, lost stream, then just recently started back working on.

I've also written a couple of shorts, which submit and yep already got the thank you but no thank for you submission letter back on.

But I've still got a few out there I'm waiting to hear back on so fingers crossed.

message 69: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments dreamwild1985 wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Arch wrote: "Hey Brenda, do you write? If so, feel free to join in our writing challenges. Some of us are writing a Royal Challenge, but our next one will be a uniform challenge. Eug..."

Thanks, setting a scheduled time to sit down and write each day has really help me to refocus, even if I only type one line. I count that as being one step closer to completing the story. It also helps that these two particular character started back talking to me.

message 70: by Arch , Mod (new)

Writing is fun Brenda. Don't let anything get in your way, even a rejection letter.

message 71: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja), Sees Love in All Colors (last edited Aug 25, 2009 05:47PM) (new)

Brenda wrote: "Arch wrote: "Hey Brenda, do you write? If so, feel free to join in our writing challenges. Some of us are writing a Royal Challenge, but our next one will be a uniform challenge. Eugenia started th..."

Please join us in the writing challenge, if you're desiring to, Brenda. Arch is too modest. She's a great writer. I've gotten a few rejections, too. Brenda. I think that means you're an official writer. Best wishes on the writing. I've been writing for about fourteen years and it's a pleasure and a pain. I hope to try to get something published this year.

message 72: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments Danielle wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Arch wrote: "Hey Brenda, do you write? If so, feel free to join in our writing challenges. Some of us are writing a Royal Challenge, but our next one will be a uniform challenge. Eug..."

Danielle, what are the guidelines/rules for the writing challenge?

message 73: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments Arch wrote: "Writing is fun Brenda. Don't let anything get in your way, even a rejection letter. "

Arch, there is nothing like the slap of that first rejection to really drag you down. I'm glad I'm not isolated in my writing, being a part groups like this let's me know that it just doesn't happen to me.

message 74: by Arch , Mod (new)

Brenda wrote: " Arch, there is nothing like the slap of that first rejection to really drag you down. I'm glad I'm glad I'm not isolated in my writing, being a part groups like this let's me know that it just doesn't happen to me...."

Brenda, I have been writing for 22 years. I don't desire to get published. I love writing for fun.

I have to agree with Danielle. I have always thought, when a person receives a rejection letter, it's another way of saying, "You are a writer."

Brenda wrote: "Danielle wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Arch wrote: "Hey Brenda, do you write? If so, feel free to join in our writing challenges. Some of us are writing a Royal Challenge, but our next one will be a unifo..."

Brenda there aren't a lot of guidelines. Basically you write a story within the suggested challenge. For example, the royal challenge has to have a character who is some sort of royalty. And since this is an IR group, it should be an interracial relationship of any kind.

My royal story has an Arab King and a Prince of Black African/European heritage.

Brenda wrote: "Arch wrote: "Writing is fun Brenda. Don't let anything get in your way, even a rejection letter. "

Arch, there is nothing like the slap of that first rejection to really drag you down. I'm glad I'..."

It's hurtful to get rejections, but some great authors got many of those. You just have to keep trusting in what you are doing.

message 77: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments Danielle wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Arch wrote: "Writing is fun Brenda. Don't let anything get in your way, even a rejection letter. "

Arch, there is nothing like the slap of that first rejection to really drag you ..."

Thanks for the encouragement Arch and Danielle.

message 78: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments Danielle wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Danielle wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Arch wrote: "Hey Brenda, do you write? If so, feel free to join in our writing challenges. Some of us are writing a Royal Challenge, but our next one ..."

Thanks Danielle :)

You're welcome.

message 80: by Arch , Mod (new)

You are welcome Brenda. I love encouraging people.

message 81: by Ethel (new)

Ethel (Abdallared) | 2978 comments Brenda wrote: "Hello everyone, I'm new here to the group. I've been a Good Reads member for some time now, but I'm still finding my way around.

"

Hi Brenda nice to see you here.... So how are things with you?

message 82: by CaliGirlRae, Mod Squad (new)

Hi Brenda! I don't think I welcomed you yet but welcome to the group! :-D

message 83: by Ethel (new)

Ethel (Abdallared) | 2978 comments Rae wrote: "Heya SweetT and welcome! Good to see ya in the group and at Goodreads!

A belated welcome to Evy also. :-)"

Hello Evy and Sweet T... Glad to see you here sorry about the late welcome...

message 84: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments Abdallared wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Hello everyone, I'm new here to the group. I've been a Good Reads member for some time now, but I'm still finding my way around.

"

Hi Brenda nice to see you here.... So how are..."

Thanks, It's good to be here.

message 85: by A.M. (new)

A.M. | 349 comments Rae wrote: "Hi Brenda! I don't think I welcomed you yet but welcome to the group! :-D"

Hi, no worries and thanks for warm welcome.

message 86: by Csummerrein01 (new)

Csummerrein01 | 4 comments Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "For now I have made the group public. If we run into issues, I will make it restricted or private. This is a pretty mature crowd here on goodreads, so let's hope for the best.

Basic Rules:
1. ..."
Thanks for the rules sometimes we turn and the left cheek hurts even more

message 87: by Csummerrein01 (new)

Csummerrein01 | 4 comments Marie wrote: "Hi! My name is Marie Rochelle. I write interracial romance books. I'm glad that I was able to join this group. It seems like a lot of fun.

Marie"

Justine wrote: "Aliyah wrote: "Thanks for the welcome.I've read all your books I will say that you have a very good way of writing that has the readers wanting more so keep it up
Happy reading,
~Aliyah"

Are you the Aliyah? The Aliyah who wrote a Knight's Vow?

"

message 88: by Csummerrein01 (new)

Csummerrein01 | 4 comments Marie,
you know I have almost all your books however, I'm waiting for more.. what gives... I guess it could just be the style of writing that draws readers in for more

« previous 1 2 next »
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread