Week Three: page 9, message 403
Week Two: page 7, message 347
Day Five: page 6, message 284
Day Four: page 6, message 264
Day Three: page 5, message 250
Day Two: page 5, message 209
Day One: page 4, message 184

Check out our beloved TMI cast! :D

This discussion's purpose was to post new castings, pictures, posters, and links to videos as things developed in the TMI movie world. It blossomed into a fandom-wide discussion of the much-anticipated City of Bones movie that is in theatres now!

Check out movie stuff at http://www.themortalinstrumentsmovie....
http://www.cassandraclare.tumblr.com
http://mortalmovie.tumblr.com

Also visit TMI's official Facebook page at http://facebook.com/themortalinstruments

Becky Loving the casting but just not sure about Jace, he is so different in my head. Can't wait til it comes out and hopefully he will win me over :)

message 3: by Avani (last edited Aug 02, 2012 03:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Avani Dontgrumble wrote: "Loving the casting but just not sure about Jace, he is so different in my head. Can't wait til it comes out and hopefully he will win me over :)"

I was iffy at first about the Jamie casting, but I'm starting to warm up to him and picture him more as Jace:

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ From what i've heard, they are going to start filming on the 15th of August. The whole cast should be up by then!
-We might be lucky and see some photos of the filming soon!

taylor I'm in love with the cast. *u* When I look at Jamie now I'm unsure why I wasn't happy with him originally. I think he's gorgeous now. I guess it's something that grows on you.

Can't wait to see who's playing Valentine!

Christy OMGoodness I soo cant wait Love all the books in the series!!! i can't wait for the movie!!!!!!!

Nidhi Thomas Jamie as Jace...still not happy.
Lily as Clary..I see it.
Robert and Jemima, yup sounds good.
Kevin, yes. Godrey...HELL NO. Jared, Stephen and the others up, looks good to me!

Christy Nidhi wrote: "Jamie as Jace...still not happy.
Lily as Clary..I see it.
Kevin, yes. Godrey...HELL NO. Jared, Stephen and the others up, looks good to me!"

Jamie he is NOT hottt.. Jace is suppose to be super hott and he is NOT!..

message 9: by Avani (last edited Aug 06, 2012 01:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Avani Nidhi wrote: "Jamie as Jace...still not happy.
Lily as Clary..I see it.
Kevin, yes. Godrey...HELL NO. Jared, Stephen and the others up, looks good to me!"

Really, you don't like Godfrey? He's one of my favorite choices. I'm still warming up to Jamie, as well, but I think he'll do a great job no matter what; I've heard he's a really good actor (and British).

Hannah Nidhi wrote: "Jamie as Jace...still not happy.
Lily as Clary..I see it.

I agree with you 100%

NoraReads Dontgrumble wrote: "Loving the casting but just not sure about Jace, he is so different in my head. Can't wait til it comes out and hopefully he will win me over :)"

yeah im not really happy about Jace either ><

Angela Just wait until the movie is out and then you can decided if you like the casts or not.

♥Maya♥ Im pretty excited about the cast :D
At first I didn't expect Jamie as Jace, but Cassie loved him , Lily loved him and i'm sure he'll do an amazing job as Jace , so I can't wait!
Overall I just can't wait for the movie!! Honestly, having reality hit me and realizing that they are ACTUALLY making the movie,that we'll see Magnus's outrageous clothing, the fact that they'll have posters, show trailers,sneak peeks and behind the scenes is gonna be great! Especially Rob and Jamie interviews.It feels incredible!! Especially since we've got an awesome fandom too ;)

Nidhi Thomas Christy wrote: "Nidhi wrote: "Jamie as Jace...still not happy.
Lily as Clary..I see it.

Jami..."

Yup! That is the reason why I am not too keen on him as Jace..AT ALL.

message 15: by Nidhi (last edited Aug 08, 2012 12:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nidhi Thomas Avani wrote: "Nidhi wrote: "Jamie as Jace...still not happy.
Lily as Clary..I see it.

Reall..."

No :S I'm sorry, but he seems a bit older than what I had imagined. The person I had in mind to play Magnus was Shannon Kook. Saw a few of his photos with eyeliner and I can see Magnus :/ I am also trying to warm up to Jamie, but I hope he makes a MASSIVE transformation! I don't any problems with his acting, I mean he sure as hell can act and he sure is British ;) God I love British men!

Nidhi Thomas Simon looks more attractive than Jace -.- oh dear god...everything is upside down!

Hannah I'm warming up more n more to Jamie as jace n I think when I see him actually playing jace then I'll be happy. I've been ecstatic with most off the casting choices I wasn't to sure about Simon but I'm sure when everyone is dressed up looking like the characters everything will fall into place

Gloria The actor they have chosen for Mangus in my opinion is not a good fit. Everyone else seems to be a good fit.

Hannah Gloria wrote: "The actor they have chosen for Mangus in my opinion is not a good fit. Everyone else seems to be a good fit."

Yer I think he's one of the better casting choices but everyone pictures things differently though what don't u like about him?

Gloria I wasn't picturing him to be Asian. It's completely thrown me off now LOL

Hannah Gloria wrote: "I wasn't picturing him to be Asian. It's completely thrown me off now LOL"

Haha yer Cassie has said he's half something and half something else ( I think half asain and half Indian?) I couldn't picture him in my head with her description of him I kept thinking white even though I was reading him having tanned skin I just couldn't put it together lol

Gloria Good point, I forgot about that description, but still was thinking in my head that he's white.

message 23: by Anna (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna McGonnell I'm pleased with everything...... I just want to see the movie! Like it is taking to long!!!!!! Jeesh! i need to watch this!

AlbertaJenn Aiden does seem a tad young to play Luke, but I am not going to pass judgement until I have seen him in make up.

Everyone else = perfection!

message 25: by Avani (last edited Aug 20, 2012 09:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Avani Excited to see Jonathan as Valentine?

Christy Isn't Valentine The dad of Sebastian isn't he suppose to be older? This Jonathan guy is a cutie!!!!!

message 27: by Avani (last edited Aug 10, 2012 02:52PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Avani Christy wrote: "Isn't Valentine The dad of Sebastian isn't he suppose to be older? This Jonathan guy is a cutie!!!!!"

Yeah, the actor's only 35. We'll have to wait and see how he interprets the role, I guess!

JazzyJams Isn't Valentine supposed to have REALLY light blond hair? And I'm not liking this Jonathan guy's little mustache in the first picture...

And I'm okay with most of the cast, assuming that they some how make the girl who plays Isabelle's hair black, and they magically make Jamie more attractive...

I'm not liking how Simon's hair is curly either, since on the City of Fallen Angels cover it was straight... Maybe becoming a vampire straightens your hair...

Gemma Taylor Lily Collins is the perfect Clary!

Hannah Those pictures are how they look in real life not dressed the way they are going to act the character I'm assuming there going to change a few things like they did with the Hunger Games....Katniss had brown hair but the actor had blond and Peeta had blonde hair but the actor had dark, they change all sorts of looks up I think

Avani Hannah wrote: "Those pictures are how they look in real life not dressed the way they are going to act the character I'm assuming there going to change a few things like they did with the Hunger Games....Katniss ..."

I agree. I don't think it's fair to judge an actor based on something like hair color or facial hair, because all that can change after a little movie magic. It's another thing if you don't think an actor will do a character justice, but looks are of little consequence.

Riley Well I've always been a fan of Johnathan Rhys Meyers so it will be interesting to see how he will portray Valentine

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

i really want this to be a good film, heck if it matches half my expectations it'll be freaking unbelievable but the actors are nothing what i pictured. still dying to see it when it comes

message 34: by Ivy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ivy Actors are definitely not what I pictured. Clary should be played by Molly Quinn and Jace should be played by Alex Pettyfer. Just my opinion, hope that they do a good job because if they don't the books will be ruined for me.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

if alex pettyfer didn't want to be jace its only because he knows he will never for fill that role plus jamie will do better than him as he has brains to actually want to be part of a great series

☆♥☆Katrin★♡★ I personally love Jamie as Jace i wasnt too happy at first because i thought Alex Pettyfer was great but as i looked at more pics of Jamie, he's a TOTALLY better Jace: the crazy hair thats like-i-dont-give-a-care-in-the-world-cuz-ive-got-demons-to-kill and that SMIRK! And look at him....he just SEEMS like Jace, way more than Alex- looking forward to seeing him in the movie!
I think the other characters are great- except Simons hair and Magnus looks old....and Valentine....maybe he'll look different when he's blonde.....TMI Forever!! B>))

Avani Katrin (kitkatkathy!) wrote: "I personally love Jamie as Jace i wasnt too happy at first because i thought Alex Pettyfer was great but as i looked at more pics of Jamie, he's a TOTALLY better Jace: the crazy hair thats like-i-d..."

You're right, the smirk totally fits!

Hannah Katrin (kitkatkathy!) wrote: "I personally love Jamie as Jace i wasnt too happy at first because i thought Alex Pettyfer was great but as i looked at more pics of Jamie, he's a TOTALLY better Jace: the crazy hair thats like-i-d..."

U worded it perfectly, I completely agree!

Avani Hannah wrote: "Katrin (kitkatkathy!) wrote: "I personally love Jamie as Jace i wasnt too happy at first because i thought Alex Pettyfer was great but as i looked at more pics of Jamie, he's a TOTALLY better Jace:..."

I like your profile picture of Jamie ;)

Hannah Avani wrote: "Hannah wrote: "Katrin (kitkatkathy!) wrote: "I personally love Jamie as Jace i wasnt too happy at first because i thought Alex Pettyfer was great but as i looked at more pics of Jamie, he's a TOTAL..."

Thanks I put it up cause I thought his smirk was totally Jace he just need some rune markings on him

Avani Hannah wrote: "Avani wrote: "Hannah wrote: "Katrin (kitkatkathy!) wrote: "I personally love Jamie as Jace i wasnt too happy at first because i thought Alex Pettyfer was great but as i looked at more pics of Jamie..."

Yep, he has the smirk perfected.

JazzyJams In the one with Clary, Jace, ??Simon/Alec?? and Isabelle, Jamie looks JUST like what Jace should look like! I don't like how Clary looks though...

Avani JazzyJams wrote: "In the one with Clary, Jace, ??Simon/Alec?? and Isabelle, Jamie looks JUST like what Jace should look like! I don't like how Clary looks though..."

She's finally ginger in that one though! :D

JazzyJams Avani wrote: "JazzyJams wrote: "In the one with Clary, Jace, ??Simon/Alec?? and Isabelle, Jamie looks JUST like what Jace should look like! I don't like how Clary looks though..."

She's finally ginger in that o..."

That's true! I like her hair colour and how it's curly, but the way she's posed with her hair blowing around makes me think of Isabelle... Plus Isabelle, who is supposed to be incredible gorgeous looks a bit boring... I like how they dyed Isabelles hair too! It used to be blondish I think...

message 45: by Avani (last edited Aug 13, 2012 06:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Avani JazzyJams wrote: "Avani wrote: "JazzyJams wrote: "In the one with Clary, Jace, ??Simon/Alec?? and Isabelle, Jamie looks JUST like what Jace should look like! I don't like how Clary looks though..."

She's finally gi..."

Can't wait to see how she portrays Isabelle. She doesn't look like the snappy, confident Isabelle type, but we'll just have to see I guess!

JazzyJams That's why I'm worried... Isabelle is supposed to be super confident, pretty and knowing it, and scary in the good way... I think she looks more conserved in that picture... Like Clary would look... And I think Clary's eyebrows were coloured red too... They're too obvious...

message 47: by Avani (last edited Aug 13, 2012 06:07PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Avani JazzyJams wrote: "That's why I'm worried... Isabelle is supposed to be super confident, pretty and knowing it, and scary in the good way... I think she looks more conserved in that picture... Like Clary would look....."

Ha, I just noticed the eyebrows thing. That's interesting. Hmm. Then again, about Isabelle, I think the picture in the fanmade poster isn't in character as Isabelle. She's a different role, or just being herself in that picture.

JazzyJams True... I think Isabelle would have a more "I'm here" presence... This girl looks a bit shy... But C.Clare approved her so I think she'll be great...

And the eyebrows thing is bugging me... They are too prominent for her face...

Avani JazzyJams wrote: "True... I think Isabelle would have a more "I'm here" presence... This girl looks a bit shy... But C.Clare approved her so I think she'll be great...

And the eyebrows thing is bugging me... They a..."

Maybe they'll tone it down for the movie. Can't wait to see how it all comes together! We'll get a taste of it when the trailer comes out. Can't. Wait.

JazzyJams Avani wrote: "JazzyJams wrote: "True... I think Isabelle would have a more "I'm here" presence... This girl looks a bit shy... But C.Clare approved her so I think she'll be great...

And the eyebrows thing is bu..."

When is the trailer coming out??? I need to watch it numerous times... And then I would start rereading the books... and getting lost in fangirlism...

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

City of Bones (other topics)
Clockwork Princess (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Maureen Johnson (other topics)