Addicted to YA discussion

Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)
This topic is about Pandemonium
Delirium > Pandemonium

Comments (showing 1-43 of 43) (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Zori De Vara Holgate (Summermerosh) What did you think of the second Delirium book?

Sydney | 268 comments ugiuhng78nhfbhf7hn87ewjmn4hc7.....AMAZING!!!! I do admit, the sequel was not quite as good as the first, but I still loved it!!! BUT THE END....CAN NOT WAIT FOR A WHOLE YEAR!!!!!

Lizzie | 9 comments I really didn't like this book because it was predictable and new what was going to happen.

Page Girl | 8 comments I love this book and felt it was even better then the first because the writing was so much better. I loved the whole Now and Then thing. It mixed the slow story exposition with the faster paced conflict and I am really torn between Alex and Julian. I mean who do you pick Alex or Julian? It seems most pick Alex from what I have read.

Fari (LoveWilliamHerondale) | 809 comments Page wrote: "I love this book and felt it was even better then the first because the writing was so much better. I loved the whole Now and Then thing. It mixed the slow story exposition with the faster paced ..."

I agree. But me: I am team Alex ALL THE WAY!

Christy Stewart | 2 comments Team Juliane! Lena is not the same girl she was when she and Alex were separated. I'm sure Alex isn't the same guy either. Lena even says she feels more comfortable with Julian than she did with Alex (if I remember correctly).

Page Girl | 8 comments Yes, but now Lena and Alex are on similar pages and Julian is new to this whole idea that love is not a disease. Alex was also her first love and showed her the truth about life and her mother and sacrificed himself for her. I love Julian for all of the reasons this book makes you love him, but Alex still has valid points for being in the picture.

message 8: by Erika, Dream Thief (new) - rated it 4 stars

Erika (teamfreewill) | 3924 comments Mod
Fari wrote: "Page wrote: "I love this book and felt it was even better then the first because the writing was so much better. I loved the whole Now and Then thing. It mixed the slow story exposition with the ..."

Agreed! TEAM ALEX!

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 292 comments CLIFFHANGER! I need REQUIEM!

JanussaLovesBooks (janussa) | 5 comments I might just die because of this book
*dies*

Karina (2187) I did like it, I just knew what was going to happen from after she met Julian. Still really enjoyed it and cannot wait for the next one.

Hollie (_heyholl) | 2 comments Reading this book at the moment and not sure whether I love it or not. I mean, I like it but not as much as the first so far and I'm not yearning to pick it up and read it 24/7 like I do with really really good books.

Ashley (ignoringlife) | 21 comments The ending left me SEETHING! I want Requiem so badly!!

Amanda (MandaHufflepuff) I really enjoyed this book. The ending left me speechless. I didn't know how to feel. Happy, angry, confused, sad, so many feelins at once!! Oliver really knows how to end with a cliffhanger. I can' t wait for Requiem!!!!

Asser (asserbeeyatch) | 124 comments I'm a huge fan of Delirium trilogy and I loved Pandemonium. It was amazing and the ending was a major MAJOR cliffhanger. I knew it was coming 'cause hello, it's Lauren Oliver. Delirium was also a cliffhanger. I've finished Pandemonium last February. I wanted to contact Lauren Oliver to finished Requiem as soon as possible because I might have died waiting for it. It's a miracle I'm still alive now. Haha. I can't wait to get my hands on Requiem.

Katie Carroll (KatieLCarroll) | 21 comments I stayed up late a couple of nights to read this, and was so mad about the ending (not really!)...even though I did kind of see it coming! Why, oh why, do authors have to leave cliffhangers like this?

message 17: by Liz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Liz It was pretty predictable but still very enthralling and more mature than Delirium. The writing was much better and I really liked the relationship between Julian and Lena. It was reminiscent of real life. You love, you lose, you move on... sometimes without even knowing how.

Love2read | 11 comments I agree with some people who claimed this book was predictable. However, I LOVED, LOVED and LOVED this book. Side story - So, I read Pandemonium this past summer. I was on a Camping trip. Lots of hikes and things to do all day. And even knowing that I had to be up early, because hubby and daughter would not let me stay asleep past 7am, I spent an entire night awake reading Pandemonium. I simply couldn't put it down. I ended up going to sleep at 4:30am. Finally, I read that last page over and over again. The writing was excellent, perhaps better than Delirium. The pace was very good. The beginning was a little odd, but once you move on with the story you know that that odd beginning was absolutely perfect for that book. Great book!!! One of the best YA books I read this year!

message 19: by Ivy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ivy (alwaysivy) | 5 comments I really liked this book. I just hated how the different times (Now & Then) interrupted the flow of the story.

message 20: by M.J. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M.J. Capulet  (mjcapulet) | 209 comments I NEED REQUIEM NOW AND FAST! :((( Gahh. Feb 2013, come sooner. I loved how Lena's character developed in "Pandemonium" and the cliffhanger was just amazing. I don't like Julian though. I go for Team Alex! :">

message 21: by Remmy (new)

Remmy M.J. wrote: "I NEED REQUIEM NOW AND FAST! :((( Gahh. Feb 2013, come sooner. I loved how Lena's character developed in "Pandemonium" and the cliffhanger was just amazing. I don't like Julian though. I go for Tea..."

This!

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 292 comments Team Alex all the way! I hope Requiem will be a good conclusion to the trilogy. :)

message 23: by Ifrah (last edited Dec 30, 2012 05:06PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ifrah (brainonpause) | 27 comments First off, let me just say that Delirium was kind of an OK book for me. I wasn't completely thrilled about it but for whatever reason (probably the ending to Delirium) I decided to continue the series and read Pandemonium. The second book turned out to be so much better than the first. I loved it. I love Julian, he's the best and just when I was all out shipping a Lena-Julian happily ever after, the last page, or two, of Pandemonium happened!
Now, I'm in this place where I'm so completely torn and I don't know what to feel anymore and I just need Lauren Oliver to release Requiem ASAP because I don't how much longer I can take this. I just really really need to know what happens!!! Please.

Chelle | 11 comments I've read Pandemonium a few days ago and I love it so much! Well, I have loved Delirium just as much and I've been pretty much addicted to this trilogy since reading it. I think the second book is just a thrilling, amazing, romantic and beautifully written as the first one. And to be honest I don't even know if I ship Lena more with Alex or Julian... I love her with both of them. It's really fascinating how Lauren Oliver could make me love Julian so much when I was absolutely obsessed with Alex in Delirium. And I even think a part of me would like Lena to end up with Julian a bit more. So, I am more than excited for Requiem.

Daria Weasley (Blame-The-Nargles) Omg I really really really really REALLY HATE love triangles!!!! I like both Alex and Julian... *sobs*

Hayley Fisher-perrin | 1 comments Has anyone one read 'Hana'?? I know I should have seen that coming but HOLY FREAKIN' CRAP, all the other drama going on at the of Delirium totally distracted me from that little issue!

Marisa | 55 comments I totally pre-PRE ordered Requiem!! Arg! The suspense is killing me! Sorry guys, but I love Julian the most right now. <3

Melanie (Mcb573) I finished the book yesterday. I kind of liked the now and them thing, it kept you reading, the cliff hangers at the end if the chapters was one of the things that kept me going. I had to know! But then again it also made the book predictable. If the fate of a character wasn't known in then, you didn't have much suspense because they were around during the now, so it took a bit away from the book.

Daria Weasley (Blame-The-Nargles) I bought this book while on my trip :D

Morgan | 4 comments I enjoyed this book a lot, but it wasn't my favorite of the Delirium trilogy. The first novel was spectacular. The second novel did not reach the first one's high standards for me mainly because of the cliffhanger. And Julian. And the lack of character from Alex. And Julian. But, nonetheless, Oliver's writing is so beautiful and crisp, I still really liked it. A definite must read.

message 31: by Anji (last edited Mar 17, 2013 02:21PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Anji (anjired) | 1 comments Hi, just finished pandemonium and well I was kind of disappointed. I loved Alex in the first book and Julian in the second both very different characters with lots of potential which definitely isn't explored in this book. Alex doesn't really do much and Julian is taken for granted. Anyone feel the same? I was also hoping for an ending with more answers. Having said all that I finished it in a day :)

Sydney | 268 comments Awesome finale! Gotta admit I WILL miss it though ;)

Lynda Thurlow | 12 comments I have to say, the ending left me wanting more from this book. I feel like this one was not as good as the others. I kind of ended up hating Lena's best friend.

Aisyaraisya | 89 comments The cliffhanger at the end makes me wondering and keep hoping.

William (throneoffandoms) | 115 comments Even better than Delirium! And that cliffhanger omg
i have requiem though so its all good

message 36: by Sarahburg (new) - added it

Sarahburg | 3 comments I was upset that Lena moved on so quickly from Alex. In my opinion, Jullian and her wouldn't have even been a thing if she wasn't captured. I was upset that they played it off that Alex was dead and so she falls in love and then BOOM last page he's back. I was not a fan of his character and thought it was boring and predictable. the second book doesn't even compare to the first one. Haven't read the third one but hopefully it will atone for the second book.

message 37: by Abby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby (iridescent) | 3 comments Pandemonium's my least favorite book in the trilogy I just didn't feel it as much as I felt Delirium. I wanted Lena to be brave and bold, yes, but she annoyed me because she moved on from Alex so easily and got attracted to Julian because they're alone. I couldn't help but dislike Julian too because my mind just screams ALEX!! Well the cliffhanger made me alive! Requiem was really good too!

Chloe Jane | 24 comments Not as good as Delirium

message 39: by Abigail (Read. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.), Handmaiden of EDM (last edited Apr 13, 2014 06:48PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abigail (Read. Sleep. Rave. Repeat.) (PlayButtonPlus) | 1165 comments Mod
Am I the only one who notices that Lena and Julian's relationship seems forced? Their relationship annoyed me a little, TBH. It's like it's almost falls into the "insta-love" category, even though it looked like it is.

Priscila | 13 comments Did anyone see this going completly differently?

I thought Lena was going to make her way up the R and go and rescue Alex. Which would have been awesome.

Krista | 110 comments I enjoyed this book much more than the first one. I love the character development and the concept of this book. It did leave a cliff hanger, but since I found this series so late I can get the next one soon!

The Beauty and the  Books (thebeautyandthebooks) | 3 comments best. dystopian story EVER

Edacheeky | 364 comments My favourite of the Delirium Trilogy

unread topics | mark unread