Dangerous Hero Addict Support Group discussion

Lothaire (Immortals After Dark, #12)
This topic is about Lothaire
Group Reads Archive > August Group Read (Dark Hero): Lothaire by Kresley Cole *Spoilers*

Comments (showing 1-31 of 31) (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Jul 31, 2012 11:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 8327 comments Mod
***Warning: This is book eleven in the ongoing Immortals After Dark series. There is a high likelihood of spoilers if you have not read the previous books!

Optional Discussion Questions:
1. What did you think of Lothaire? Does he fit the category of hero or anti-hero? Definitely a 'dark hero'?
2. How did the storyline hit you? Have you read the prior books in this series? What do you think of Lothaire's role in this world of Immortals?
3. Did you like the romance? Could you buy into a love connection between Lothaire and Elizabeth? Could you see yourself falling for Lothaire?
4. What was your favorite scene in this book?
5. Favorite Quote?
6. Overall rating out of 1-5 stars or out of 1-10?
7. Dangerous Hero Rating out of 1-10? Hero Hotness rating out of 1-10?
8. Any books (non-IAD) that you'd recommend to people who enjoy this novel?

Thanks for joining the discussion!

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 510 comments Loved this book...off to go re-read it so I can answer the questions better. :)

~Megan~ (Megadee) | 1084 comments Mod
Eep! This is one series I haven't started yet....hope you guys have a good group read, though!!

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 8327 comments Mod
This is one of my all time favorite series, Megan. You should give it a try when you get a chance!

Tammy | 252 comments I'm starting this book as soon as I finish my current read. I'm really looking forward to it :)

message 6: by Ashley (last edited Aug 01, 2012 01:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ashley (shinhbang) | 138 comments I've read this book at about four times already, and I'm still not tired of it! Definitely one of my favorite from the series! Rating? Definitely a 4.9 out 5 for me! And Lothaire is sinfully gorgeous! I'm usually Team Lykae, but Lothaire is in the lead right now.

Tammy | 252 comments Ashley wrote: "I've read this book at about four times already, and I'm still not tired of it! Definitely one of my favorite from the series! Rating? Definitely a 4.9 out 5 for me! And Lothaire is sinfully gorgeo..."

I'm Team Lykae too, Ashley :)

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) I don't think I've ever tried to answer the questions before. So here I go.

1. What did you think of Lothaire? Does he fit the category of hero or anti-hero? Definitely a 'dark hero'?
Oh, he's a villian. No doubt. I think his dark hero moments are coming more, but he's evil.

2. How did the storyline hit you? Have you read the prior books in this series? What do you think of Lothaire's role in this world of Immortals?
The storyline felt like a copy cat of the other books, but at this point they all kind of follow the same plot mold. I'm up to date on the books, and I found that the earlier ones had moore plot outside of the bedroom.

Lothaire is a "necessary" evil for the other IAD characters. I loved seeing how he and Nix interacted togehter.

3. Did you like the romance? Could you buy into a love connection between Lothaire and Elizabeth? Could you see yourself falling for Lothaire?
It was OK. I can, but this one didn't feel as invloved as previos book. However, after meeting Elizabeth I wasn't sure I'd like her at all, but she grew on me and I couldn't help but cheer them on.

Oh, there was no need to fall for me. I loved him from book 1!

Any time someone told a story about Lothaire. They never fial to crack me up!!

5. Favorite Quote
"“You gave her your heart, and she gave you the bird.” Nïx sighed. “Songs will be written about this.”

6. Overall rating out of 1-5 stars or out of 1-10? 4/5
7. Dangerous Hero Rating out of 1-10? Hero Hotness rating out of 1-10? Oh, 10!!! 10!!!!

Hmmmm, well Black Dagger Brotherhood is always a safe bet. Larissa Iones' Demonica series. Night Huntress series, Guild Hunter, and . . . I'm out.

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 510 comments 1. What did you think of Lothaire? Does he fit the category of hero or anti-hero? Definitely a 'dark hero'?

I LOVED Lothaire! To me is defiantly an anti-hero. He is evil as sin but it is all in the cause of his end game. I think that Ellie has changed him from how is was in the beginning of the book through. He does care about certain people and seems to be willing to make sacrifices for those he cares about.

I have read all the other books in the series including the short stories and this is one of my favorites. Lothaire is an opportunist in the world of Immortals and I love that about him.

Yes, the romance was HOT and I felt that Ellie and Lothaire were a great match. She could empathize with him and yet not allow him to push her around which is exactly what he needed. I would have totally fallen for Lothaire. I have a soft spot for characters like him. My husband calls them, "Assholes with hearts of gold" which I think describes him pretty well.

Ooo...that is tough to pick because I loved so much of this book. I think I will go with when Lothaire rescues her family from the mine. That was definitely a turning point for him.

5. Favorite Quote?

This one made me LOL. "Because of a few shifter beheadings? Come on, Lizvetta, it's not as if I went around cock-slapping gnomes."

I give it 5 stars. It is one of my fav's.

Lothaire gets 10's across the board!

I think the Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter fits the bill. It is funny, sexy, and has great world building like IAD.

I'm going to try to start this on the weekend. I'm looking forward to reading Lothaire!

I started this today. Loving it so far, although it's very dark so far!

S.J. Thomas (SJThomas25) 1. What did you think of Lothaire? Does he fit the category of hero or anti-hero? Definitely a 'dark hero'?

Definately not a hero in the traditional sense but he would /does have the capability of being heroic if it suited him.

Read all the others - love the Lykae, not so keen on the demons, LOVE Lothaire - I've been interested in him from the beginning and he is such an important player in the world like Nix.

At first I thought I would be annoyed by Elizabeth but she is a really strong character underestimated because of her background. I was on her side by the end and glad she gave Lothaire what for.

I have loved Lothaire from the beginning - I would so fall for him.

When Elizabeth jokes with him and when Thad tells stories - its the first time anyone has treated him with any humour/friendship

5. Favorite Quote

Too many to choose - defiantely the 'cock slapping gnomes' quote and the 'paying for your overeaction with head'.

5/5

10+

Gena Showalters Lords of the Underworld defiantely, Black Dagger Brotherhood, Larissa Ione's Lord of Deliverance (haven't read her Daemonica yet but I am sure that would be good aswell).

message 13: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads), Loves 'Em Lethal (last edited Aug 21, 2012 01:50PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I finished this and I loved it. I couldn't put it down. I knew that would happen!

--Lothaire is definitely a dark hero. As much a villain as a hero. I like that even though he's obviously evil, there are some good aspects to his character. I like that his evil nature comes out of a purpose and the way his life was shaped. He was freaking hilarious!

--I liked seeing more about Lothaire's origins and his inner life. It started out very dark, which Elizabeth being possessed by a horrible mass murderer and being on death row! I am a huge fan of this series, and I think KC has kept it consistently good and intriguing. I like seeing how all the pieces are coming together. It was interesting seeing the story from Lothaire's viewpoint and how he related to the Loreans. I liked his seeing how deep his relationship with Nix is. At one time, I thought they'd end up together. I am glad they are just friends.

--I loved the romance. It wasn't a typical one. But I admit, I like dark romance. I feel that although Lothaire seemed to have a lot of power over Elizabeth, he didn't really. He was putty in her hands to some extent. He was a hard man to love, but I think it was clear that he was the man for Elizabeth. I did buy into the connection between them. I liked seeing it develop over time, with neither having any illusions about the other. Over time, they realize that although both aren't ideal people for who they think they want, they are perfect for each other. I like broken people romance, so that works for me. Although in real life, I wouldn't want a guy like Lothaire, I could see his appeal. He made me laugh, and I appreciated his strengths and hang-ups. He was a bit homicidal for my tastes, but even he had some boundaries, unlike Soraya. I hated her!

Aah! Don't ask me! Too hard. I was thinking about all the parts I loved this morning. The love scenes were smoking hot! I liked all the scenes between them, although I could see why Elizabeth went off on Lothaire in that pivotal scene! I also liked when Lothaire sent Elizabeth his heart. Kinda gross but kind of romantic at same time, Lothaire-style. I liked all Lothaire and Elizabeth's wise cracks. I think I liked when Lothaire woke up in Elizabeth's trailer. It was funny. You could see that Lothaire will always be himself, but he truly loved Elizabeth.

5. Favorite Quote?

--I especially liked how he said Narcissus was Lothaireistic, since he existed first!

--Definitely a five star book! 10/10
--Dangerous Hero rating: 10/10 Hero hotness rating: 10/10
--You might like Anne Stuart's heroes if you like Lothaire.

"“You gave her your heart, and she gave you the bird.” Nïx sighed. “Songs will be written about this.”

Shera, that's a great quote!

Jessica, I liked how Lothaire saved Ellie's family as well, and I especially liked her mom's reaction to him. Her family was hilarious!

SJ, Thad is so funny. He doesn't give up on being friends with Mr. Lothaire.

Ashley wrote: "I've read this book at about four times already, and I'm still not tired of it! Definitely one of my favorite from the series! Rating? Definitely a 4.9 out 5 for me! And Lothaire is sinfully gorgeo..."

I can't pick a favorite IAD guy, but Lothaire is near the top of the list. His one liners are hilarious!

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) There are so many great one liners in this one!!

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 510 comments Lady Danielle, Ellie's mom is too funny. I can just see her looking at Ellie like she is crazy for running away and turning down Lothaire. Plus the whole "Uncle" Lothaire thing cracked me up.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) Yeah, the Uncle thing was priceless.

S.J. Thomas (SJThomas25) Lothaire agreeing to take Josh and his friends trick or treating - would he dress as dracula?

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 510 comments oh I forgot about that S.J. too funny. can you imagine Lothaire out there with all those kids in a dracula costume. Priceless.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) Um, wow. Just thinking about him tricker treating is epic.

I can imagine he will teach the kids some dirty tricks get more candy.

Jessica that was hilarious how Ellie's was staring at Lothaire and talking about how pretty he was, and she was giving Ellie a hard time for wanting to divorce him.

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) For somereason I picture him teaching them to overtake the candy giver and then run like hell!

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 510 comments Love that Shera. He definitely will have some tricks up his sleeve.

I wish that KC would write a short scene showing the Trick or Treating experience!

Finn | 3 comments Jessica wrote: "Loved this book...off to go re-read it so I can answer the questions better. :)"

Me too!!

Shera (Book Whispers) (SheraBookWhispers) That would be great Danielle!

Palwasha | 12 comments have always loved Kresley cole books. always waiting for the next one. But this one seemed very different from the others in the series. not bad different, but just different. Lothaire seemed like a very original hero. Love the book, and yet again, i love how Cole colors her books with emotions and allows the readers to experience it. I can't say I like anyone else's writing more.

I picked up on that different feel as well, Palwasha. I think that's good, especially for such a long-running series. The last thing you want is for things to stagnate.

unread topics | mark unread