Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban discussion

Best book to quote from

Comments (showing 1-30 of 30) (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Valerie "But you know happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, when one only remembers to turn on the light."
-Dumbledore
Whenever I"m reading i find quotes that just awe me! This is just one book that has good quotes. What book have you read that had a qoute that has never went left your mind?

Jasmine perks of being a wallflower and alice in wonderland

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Tolkien. The language is amazingly evocative, and I love the message of fighting against the darkness, however big it is.
"Above all Shadows rides the Sun,
And Stars forever dwell;
I will not say the Day is done,
Nor bid the Stars farewell."

Avani Order of the Phoenix:
Hermione: "Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon, doesn't mean we all have."
Best. Quote. Ever.

The Half-Blood The Harry Potter books. :) "We solemly swear that we're up to no good." "Blown up a toilet? We've never blown up a toilet. Thanks for the idea though, Mum." xD I love Fred and George.

Lauren Cornelia Funke's Inkheart Triology. "Stories never really end...even if the books like to pretend they do. Stories always go on. They don't end on the last page, any more than they begin on the first page." Harry Potter too! "'But why's she got to go the library?' 'Because that's what Hermione does' said Ron, shrugging. 'When in doubt, go to the library'"

Emily Colby Hebe wrote: "Tolkien. The language is amazingly evocative, and I love the message of fighting against the darkness, however big it is.
"Above all Shadows rides the Sun,
And Stars forever dwell;
I will not say ..."

Yep. I remember from THE FELLOWSHIP,"Nothing is evil in the beginning."

Brooke The Picture of Dorian Gray. Most quotable book I ever read! :)

Elizabeth Day Hmmm, who knows. I think most books have those moments where you are just like, "I want to remember that forever!" But yes, Harry Potter is a great one because I think it relates to real life so well. In the tiniest things I think, "That is just like this!"

message 10: by Luna (new) - rated it 5 stars

Luna Harry Potter! I've got the whole back page of my Physics register covered in HP quotes that occurred to me during class =P

message 11: by Erin (new) - rated it 5 stars

Erin The Fault in Our Stars or any book by John Green. To be honest everything John Green says is quotable.

Gianluca The best and most memorable quotes I've ever read are from The Lord of the Rings, or other books by Tolkien.

Daniel Victor Hugo is quite quotable. My copy of Les miz is filled with stickeys because I'm too lazy to write any quotes down.

Amrita Wuthering Heights and Alice in Wonderland.

Tessa I think The Little Prince has a lot of beautiful quotes..

message 16: by Stepheny (new) - added it

Stepheny The HP books are awesome for quotes. Everything that comes out of Dumbledore's mouth could be a hallmark card! LOL Perks of Being a Wallflower has some really great quotes as well though. And Stephen King books are filled with beautiful quotes as well. The Stand, The Dark Tower Series, Bag of Bones....I mean reading his books you literally find yourself rereading certain lines and just admiring the beauty and eloquence with which he wrote it!

Candida Stamp Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

message 18: by Sophie (last edited Jan 29, 2013 10:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sophie Any books from the Mortal Instruments or Infernal Devices series by Cassandra. Both are full of intelligent, witty and sarcastic humour, as well as some pretty deep statements about life at points as well.

Also, anything from the Virals series by Kathy Reichs is hilarious as well!

Helen To I find the HP series very quotable. So many funny little sayings from the mouth's of the characters. Only last week I had a Dumbledore quote stuck in my mind: 'To the organised mind death is but the next great adventure'.

The other 2 novels I find myself quoting from often are Jane Eyre and Great Expectations.

Amirah I. ALL of Lauren Oliver's books! Beautiful quotes in every pages :')

Keagan Cloud Atlas is the most insightful book I've read. David Mitchell has a way with words and every time I re-read one of his books I find myself in awe of him.
“My life amounts to no more than one drop in a limitless ocean. Yet what is any ocean, but a multitude of drops?”
“Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.”
“Power, time, gravity, love. The forces that really kick ass are all invisible.”

Tessa and the wonderful Alice in Wonderland!

Thomas Bieber For me it's The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It is full of so many beautiful quotes such as
"It kills me sometimes, how people die."
"So much good, so much evil. Just add water."
“A small but noteworthy note. I've seen so many young men over the years who think they're running at other young men. They are not. They are running at me." and
It was a year for the ages, like 79, like 1346, to name just a few. Forget the scythe, Goddamn it, I needed a broom or a mop. And I needed a vacation."
Those are just a few of the quotes from The Book Thief that I love.

Alice Harry Potter series and The Hunger Games :)

Chloe Rose Avani wrote: "Order of the Phoenix:
Hermione: "Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon, doesn't mean we all have."
Best. Quote. Ever."

so true!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 26: by Caraline (last edited Mar 01, 2013 05:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Caraline kid knocks loudly on the door during a heated argment inside.
kid opens the door
guy inside yells "Jesus Christ!"
kid says, "no, just me simon. but I have been told the resemblance is quite astonishing"

heehee XD

message 27: by Naqib (new) - added it

Naqib i love rachelle mead's work. she has lots of hilarious quotes! ><
"What the hell?" I asked. Is this daring escape being sponsored by Honda?"
that had totally cracked me

Venetian "this is the property of The Half Blood Prince"-advanced potion making book.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

The Deathly Hallows.

"Actually, I'm highly logical, which allows me to look past extraneous detail and perceive clearly that which others overlook."
-Hermione Granger.

Jackie I find Incarceron by Catherine Fisher to have very quotable quotes. And Alice and Wonderland...
"Spoon!!!!" :P

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (other topics)
The Little Prince (other topics)
Alice in Wonderland (other topics)