Reading Is Life YA discussion

Miscellaneous > Books That I Didn't Like

Comments (showing 1-38 of 38) (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katlyn, Shadowhunter Goddess (new)

Katlyn (KrazyKat888) | 118 comments Mod
What are some books that you wouldn't recommend?

message 2: by Selena, Vindictive Goddess (new)

Selena (GummiBear555) | 54 comments Mod
Well I started reading North Of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley and I got really into it until over half way through it. It got so boring.

message 3: by Hana (new)

Hana (Dystopianqueen) | 16 comments Across the universe by beth revis. The overall plot was DECENT, but there were some really inapproprite topics/scenes.

message 4: by Katlyn, Shadowhunter Goddess (new)

Really? I was planning on reading that because someone told me it was good! I'm stuck with it now because I bought it for my Ereader.

message 5: by Hana (new)

Hana (Dystopianqueen) | 16 comments I'm sorry! like I said, the PLOT is decent......

message 6: by Katlyn, Shadowhunter Goddess (new)

I just read Across the Universe, it was pretty good, but I don't think I'll buy the sequel. Maybe if I see it at the library though...

message 7: by Selena, Vindictive Goddess (new)

Selena (GummiBear555) | 54 comments Mod
I have this book called Evercrossed by Elizabeth Chandler and it is a really good book. But I realized it was in a series after I bought it so I got the first book in the series at the library. The first book has the first 3 books in one. It is called Kissed by an Angel. I didnt really get into, I thought it was kind of boring. http://www.goodreads.com/series/42025... go to this link and see the books in the series.

message 8: by K.Frat. (new)

K.Frat. (LoneWolf55) | 5 comments I bought this book called Evermore by Alyson Noel. It was ok. Couldn't get into it. The storyline is ok, kinda predictable.

message 9: by Andy (new)

Andy | 18 comments Um... I decided to read The Lovely Bones coz I heard it was interesting and different and teaches life lessons... But I really thought that there wasn't any plot and the resolution they had for the conflict was well, it was like there was no solution at all. But.. Maybe that's just me.. The book DID have a lot of positive reviews.....

message 10: by Andy (new)

Andy | 18 comments K.Frat. wrote: "I bought this book called Evermore by Alyson Noel. It was ok. Couldn't get into it. The storyline is ok, kinda predictable."

I felt the same way:) but since I have this, uh, condition :P wherein when I read book1, I have to read all the books in the series, I continued the series... And I can tell you it doesn't really get much better than that.

message 11: by Liv (last edited Aug 25, 2012 10:49PM) (new)

Liv | 9 comments I read Gone by Michael Grant, but never could get into it I did like the basic plot, but it never got me hooked. Also I was strongly recomended the Harry Potter series, but thought they were way too drawn out and not very interesting (in my opinion). I think they just weren't my types of books.

message 12: by Dabin (new)

Dabin (Unknowngirl17) | 27 comments Liv wrote: "I read Gone by Michael Grant, but never could get into it I did like the basic plot, but it never got me hooked. Also I was strongly recomended the Harry Potter series, but thought they were way t..."

Same here! i don't get what all the hype was about. it was a great idea but his style of writing just didn't click.

message 13: by Dabin (new)

Dabin (Unknowngirl17) | 27 comments i read beautiful creatures because everyone was like "oh my god, its the best book" or "it was amazing and i would totally read the next book", but i thought it was just boring.

message 14: by Liv (new)

Liv | 9 comments Dabin wrote: "i read beautiful creatures because everyone was like "oh my god, its the best book" or "it was amazing and i would totally read the next book", but i thought it was just boring."

I agree I tried to read it but couldn't finish.

message 15: by Dabin (new)

Dabin (Unknowngirl17) | 27 comments Liv wrote: "Dabin wrote: "i read beautiful creatures because everyone was like "oh my god, its the best book" or "it was amazing and i would totally read the next book", but i thought it was just boring."

I a..."

i just couldn't get into it. i think the idea was pretty cool tho

message 16: by Dabin (last edited Sep 01, 2012 09:31PM) (new)

Dabin (Unknowngirl17) | 27 comments I hated and I still absolutely hate fire bringer. It's such a Harry potter spinoff just deer version.
Nevermore by James Patterson was so bad!!!!! I was actually liking Dylan. It had no closure at all.

I know this is extremely irrelevant but I created a blog and I'm really excited about it is called www.myviewpointonbooks.blogspot.com
I'd appreciated if you visited it and commented. Thanks.

message 17: by Katlyn, Shadowhunter Goddess (new)

Dabin wrote: "I hated and I still absolutely hate fire bringer. It's such a Harry potter spinoff just deer version.
Nevermore by James Patterson was so bad!!!!! I was actually liking Dylan. It had no closure at..."

I really like your blog! You have inspired me to create a thread where you can post blogs. Maybe you should also post your blog there?
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

message 18: by Dabin (new)

Dabin (Unknowngirl17) | 27 comments Thanks!! I just commented there. Do u have a blog? Maybe I can check it out!

message 19: by Katlyn, Shadowhunter Goddess (new)

Dabin wrote: "Thanks!! I just commented there. Do u have a blog? Maybe I can check it out!"

No, I'm not much of a writer. I just like reading what other people have to say.

message 20: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Life As We Knew It by Susan Beth Pfeffer. It was really...dull. I really struggled to get through the last quarter of the book.

message 21: by Dabin (new)

Dabin (Unknowngirl17) | 27 comments I didn't like mockingjay from the hunger games. It was so slow and dragged.

I got the quote of the day and I have decides to do something that scares me once a week. I think we all should. Please comment on my blog when you do something like that.

message 22: by Annie (new)

Annie (UltimateHungerGamesFan) | 14 comments Same here! My favourite of the trilogy is the first. I didn't like a wrinkle in time. BORING!

message 23: by Hana (new)

Hana (Dystopianqueen) | 16 comments I liked a wrinkle in time. I liked the symbolisim in the book.

message 24: by Annie (new)

Annie (UltimateHungerGamesFan) | 14 comments I liked the movie, but the book was so slow!

message 25: by Amy (last edited Sep 09, 2012 08:01AM) (new)

Amy (amyanomaly) | 1 comments I couldn't get into The Maze Runner by James Dashner. Normally I like sci-fi books, but this one. The plot just didn't pull me in at all. Also, Wicked by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguié was so confusing, I had to stop reading it. I tried to keep reading it, to see if everything got explained later on, but I had no idea what was happening. There were too many characters and different story arcs, it was like I was starting a series in the middle, but Wicked is the first in the series.

message 26: by Annie (new)

Annie (UltimateHungerGamesFan) | 14 comments I tried to read life of pi when I was 10. Big mistake! I'm gonna give it another try, though.

message 27: by K.Frat. (new)

K.Frat. (LoneWolf55) | 5 comments Amy wrote: "I couldn't get into The Maze Runner by James Dashner. Normally I like sci-fi books, but this one. The plot just didn't pull me in at all. Also, Wicked by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguié was so confu..."

I tried to read The Maze Runner too and I couldn't get into it either. Like you said, it just didn't pull me in. It's one of the few books where I couldn't make it past 100 pages.

message 28: by Katlyn, Shadowhunter Goddess (new)

K.Frat. wrote: "Amy wrote: "I couldn't get into The Maze Runner by James Dashner. Normally I like sci-fi books, but this one. The plot just didn't pull me in at all. Also, Wicked by Nancy Holder and Debbie Viguié ..."

I actually really liked the plot, but couldn't connect to ANY of the characters! It was really boring at first, but it got interesting.

message 29: by Dabin (new)

Dabin (Unknowngirl17) | 27 comments i thought the beginning was boring.

message 30: by Annie (new)

Annie (UltimateHungerGamesFan) | 14 comments What are you guys talking about?

message 31: by Katlyn, Shadowhunter Goddess (new)

Annie wrote: "What are you guys talking about?"
The Maze Runner

message 32: by Annie (new)

Annie (UltimateHungerGamesFan) | 14 comments By your comments, I don't think I'm going to read it.

message 33: by Katlyn, Shadowhunter Goddess (new)

Annie wrote: "By your comments, I don't think I'm going to read it."
Well, I thought the plot was awesome once you get into it! I don't know, I guess it's just a matter of preference. But if you do want to read it, don't let other people ruin it for you, maybe just go to the library to get it or something.

message 34: by Annie (new)

Annie (UltimateHungerGamesFan) | 14 comments I'll look for it at the school library. It's better than the public library, because they don't charge late fees!

message 35: by Katlyn, Shadowhunter Goddess (new)

Annie wrote: "I'll look for it at the school library. It's better than the public library, because they don't charge late fees!"
I usually end up going to the public library, my school library doesn't have many books and you can only take out 2 at a time.

message 36: by Annie (new)

Annie (UltimateHungerGamesFan) | 14 comments Same here! What school do you go to?

message 37: by Dabin (new)

Dabin (Unknowngirl17) | 27 comments I don't go to my school library because the librarian is rabid and I heard that rabies are hard to cure. She's hates Kim. I don't even know why she works at a school.

message 38: by Allie (new)

Allie 13 to life. It was sooo random and the books stopped making sense. They keep adding characters from the Mafia and talking about cures that work and then don't work. Reading all four of the books nearly made my head explode, but I also have that condition where I need to read all of the books in the series.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Maze Runner (other topics)