Goodreads Author Feedback Group discussion

Publishing and Promoting > Seeking Book Reviewers

Comments (showing 1-50 of 127) (127 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Rinaldo (Readermark) | 1 comments Seeking pre-release reviewers for my new novel on Amazon, A MORMON MASSACRE. Please message me. Here is a blurb about the book:

This modern-day novel is based on the actual massacre of innocent Americans by Mormon zealots in the Utah Territory in September of 1857. In present-day Nashville, Tennessee, Jeremiah grows up with a prejudice against the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for the murders in 1857 of his ancestors at Mountain Meadows. Until the 1995 Oklahoma City attack, this was the most deadly act of terrorism against US citizens.

Jeremiah’s hatred multiplies when his father, Luke, informs him that his mother suffered abuse at the hands of her Mormon husband in a previous marriage. Due to his father’s association with the Mormon Victim’s Action Committee, Jeremiah gets an opportunity to expose the current wide-spread and Church-accepted practice of abusing women. With his father’s encouragement and the knowledge of his mother’s horrific experience, Jeremiah accepts M-VAC’s offer to train and insert him into an LDS community in hopes of collecting evidence to prosecute the abusers.

Jeremiah’s objective broadens when he sees all the atrocities committed by Mormon zealots. Now he wants to expose the entire Church as a violent and dangerous fraud.

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim Gilliam (seadoc) | 31 comments Joseph,

I'd love to read and review your book! It sounds like just the sort of book I'd enjoy. Check out my recent review of Zoey's Tale & Other Short Fiction by Rod Haynes. Also, check out my other reviews. Afterwards, if you think I'd give your book a fair shake, you can reach me at jgill12775 (at) optonline (dot) net. If you provide the review copy, I promise to read it cover to cover. I recently purchased a book on Amazon, just couldn't get into it and said as much in my review.

Thank you,

Jim Gilliam
Author, Point Deception

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Vance (goodreadscomRebeccaVance) | 56 comments I am new to Goodreads and I am researching for my first novel. I write articles for the Examiner for customer service. I also have a blog, Becky's Book Notes. I review debut authors. I have found a number of gems on there. I have a Kindle, and have lots of downloads on there. I have a following on Facebook and a decent following on Twitter. I would be happy to review your book if you can send an ebook version. I also have a background in Mormonism. You can reach me at becky(at)rebeccavance.com.

message 4: by M.T. (new)

M.T. (mtmathieson) | 27 comments Rebecca wrote: "I am new to Goodreads and I am researching for my first novel. I write articles for the Examiner for customer service. I also have a blog, Becky's Book Notes. I review debut authors. I have found a..."

I've sent you an email.

message 5: by Anne (last edited Aug 13, 2012 04:30PM) (new)

Anne Carlisle (acarlisle) I'm a new member and debut author. I'm inspired by Joseph's book and the response here to ask for help from Jim, Rebecca, and others out there who write reviews. My debut novel, HOME SCHOOLING: The Fire Night Ball has just been released, and I'm eager to have it looked at by the kind of sophisticated readers I see here. My book is an edgy, macabre romantic thriller set at the height of the sexual revolution, testing an adventurous young woman with an unplanned pregnancy and an ancestral curse. I'll be glad to send a book electronically or physically to a reviewer with the time to take a look. Thanks in advance!

message 6: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Vance (goodreadscomRebeccaVance) | 56 comments I would be happy to review it. I have Kindle, so if you can send me a ebook version from Amazon, I would be happy to review it for you. You can send me an email to becky(at)rebeccavance.com. Thank you! :)

message 7: by Martin (new)

Martin Reed (pendrum) | 23 comments I'm also looking for a few reviewers for my YA novel 'MY DISJOINTED LIFE'.

It's a YA humor that covers the highs and lows of a college freshman's semester as he struggles to cope with his introverted nature and the new people who come into his life. Written in a diary-like format, the novel gets you in the mind of an erratic, ADD riddled young male who's simply trying to find his place in the world while fighting off raging hormones and the belligerent voice inside his head.

If anyone with a blog is interested in reading and reviewing, let me know.

Martin Reed

message 8: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Vance (goodreadscomRebeccaVance) | 56 comments Martin, I have a blog where I review debut authors. You can check it out at rebeccavance.com. It is called Becky's Book Notes. I am also on Facebook and Twitter. If it is on Amazon as an ebook, you can gift me a copy and I would be happy to review it. Let me know. You can email me at becky@rebeccavance.com.

message 9: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Schneider (JASchneider) | 5 comments Rebecca wrote: "I am new to Goodreads and I am researching for my first novel. I write articles for the Examiner for customer service. I also have a blog, Becky's Book Notes. I review debut authors. I have found a..."

Hi Becky...thank you for your wonderful offer! I'll send you my new medical thriller EMBRYO. Hope you love it and are fascinated by the science! (Romance too!)

Many thanks again!
J.A. Schneider (Joyce)

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Vance (goodreadscomRebeccaVance) | 56 comments Thank you so much for the ebook of Embryo! It looks fascinating and I am excited to read it! I am on Twitter: @beckysbooknotes. Thanks again!

message 11: by JoAnn (new)

JoAnn Hill (joannlhill) | 27 comments I am interested in exchanging information on or about good books, but afraid my tastes may differ from a great many of you. Perhapes my age is part of the problem as I am probably at least twice the age of most of you. If your interested in exchanging information with me I think it would be most helpful to see what I have read, as this has influenced my writing greatly. JoAnn Hill

message 12: by Rose (new)

Rose (SimoneBirger) | 10 comments Joseph wrote: "Seeking pre-release reviewers for my new novel on Amazon, A MORMON MASSACRE. Please message me. Here is a blurb about the book:

This modern-day novel is based on the actual massacre of innocent Am..."

I've worked as a content editor and am very versed in giving feedback. I also used to review books and movies for magazines when I lived abroad. Let me know if you still want reviewers. I'd be more than glad to lend you a hand, Joseph. The same goes for everyone else. I love helping out fellow writers.

message 13: by Marie-Anne (new)

Marie-Anne Mancio (hotelalphabet) | 32 comments If anyone is interested, we have a thread going here where we are gathering writers happy to review work in exchange for a review:
A reviews B, B reviews C, C reviews D etc. I won't sum up the thread, but if you look at the last page or so of the post, you can add your names to the list if you'd like to participate in our trial. Thank you!

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

message 14: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Vance (goodreadscomRebeccaVance) | 56 comments I am definitely available to review your books, but I am just starting on my debut novel right now, so I don't have anything for you to review yet..

message 15: by Scott (new)

Scott Skipper | 23 comments JoAnn wrote: "I am interested in exchanging information on or about good books, but afraid my tastes may differ from a great many of you. Perhapes my age is part of the problem as I am probably at least twice th..."

JoAnn, if you were twice my age you'd be writing from the hereafter. My tastes tend toward historical fiction and spy mysteries. Do we have anything in common?

message 16: by Martin (last edited Oct 23, 2012 10:01PM) (new)

Martin Bannon (Martin_Bannon) | 6 comments Joseph wrote: "Seeking pre-release reviewers for my new novel on Amazon, A MORMON MASSACRE. Please message me. Here is a blurb about the book:

This modern-day novel is based on the actual massacre of innocent Am..."

Joseph, I'd be willing to exchange reviews with you. As a former Mormon myself I am fully aware of the Mountain Meadows Massacre.

My political thriller, By A Thread, turns on Joseph Smith's "White Horse Prophecy," which predicted that "the elders of this church" would step forth in the last days to rescue the U.S. Constitution when "it hangs as if by a thread."

It seems we have a common thread between us! :)

Note: I have written that book under the name Marty Beaudet. I use Goodreads under both names.

message 17: by Heather (new)

Heather (Clockwork_Wings) | 15 comments Secret Admirer will be going for free here (Kindle exclusive) from 10/25-10/29/2012 for those that want to check out my writing. I appreciate any reviews you guys can spare.

It's about a young woman who inherits a house from her grandmother, which may not have been unoccupied when she moved in.

message 18: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (SchneiderLynn) | 25 comments Scott wrote: "JoAnn wrote: "I am interested in exchanging information on or about good books, but afraid my tastes may differ from a great many of you. Perhapes my age is part of the problem as I am probably at ..."
I was going to write something very similar to this. I see quite a few older people on this site. I write (and also love to read) stories about my own generation, women's lit more especially baby boomers. Any interest in this subject?

message 19: by Marian (last edited Oct 28, 2012 07:38AM) (new)

Marian Schwartz | 162 comments Lynn wrote: "Scott wrote: "JoAnn wrote: "I am interested in exchanging information on or about good books, but afraid my tastes may differ from a great many of you. Perhapes my age is part of the problem as I a..."

To Joanne & Lynn: We must be the same age! I think you'd enjoy two of my novels, "Realities" and The Last Season, The Story of a Marriage." Please let me know if you'd be interested in reading and reviewing them. They are women's lit. books.

message 20: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (SchneiderLynn) | 25 comments Marian wrote: "Lynn wrote: "Scott wrote: "JoAnn wrote: "I am interested in exchanging information on or about good books, but afraid my tastes may differ from a great many of you. Perhapes my age is part of the p..."
Marian, I would be interested in reading and reviewing your books. I have been on a review roll lately, having no projects of my own in the works.

message 21: by Marian (new)

Marian Schwartz | 162 comments I'm really new at this! Where do I send you the pdfs?

message 22: by Marian (new)

Marian Schwartz | 162 comments I'm going to be doing free promotions in the next few weeks. I can let you know when they're scheduled.

message 23: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (NormalGirl) | 398 comments I love free promotions! That is how I got a kindle copy of Glimpse that I wanted so badly! I've been reviewing books like crazy and now some better know authors on goodreads are pming me to let me know when their books go on free promotion on Amazon! So great! I love this feature on goodreads. I never would jave read so many good books without it and I'm getting a great rep for myself in the process.

message 24: by Marian (new)

Marian Schwartz | 162 comments Hannah,

How can I get in touch with you to let you know when the promotions occur? I'll post them here as well if I'm allowed.

message 25: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (NormalGirl) | 398 comments You can just pm me about it. If you click on my name, it will take you to my author's page and it will have a clickable button to pm the person. PM is private message just in case you did not know. I look forward to your promotion.

message 26: by Heather (new)

Heather (Clockwork_Wings) | 15 comments Coulrophobia will be going free for Halloween here. Happy Halloween everybody.

^_^

message 27: by Marian (new)

Marian Schwartz | 162 comments JoAnn wrote: "I am interested in exchanging information on or about good books, but afraid my tastes may differ from a great many of you. Perhapes my age is part of the problem as I am probably at least twice th..."

Your taste in books is quite like mine. Would you be interested in reading and reviewing one of my novels?

message 28: by Ardin (new)

Ardin Lalui (ardinlalui) | 62 comments I would greatly appreciate some reviews for this short story There is No Otherwise. It's free on Kindle today.

message 29: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (SchneiderLynn) | 25 comments Ardin wrote: "I would greatly appreciate some reviews for this short story There is No Otherwise. It's free on Kindle today."

Ardin - Just grabbed it. I am looking forward to reading it!

message 30: by Ardin (new)

Ardin Lalui (ardinlalui) | 62 comments Thank you Lynn. That's really kind of you. :)

message 31: by Ardin (new)

Ardin Lalui (ardinlalui) | 62 comments Now I'm pretty amazed by writers who manage to get thousands of downloads!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

When you say "downloads", these are all purchases?

message 33: by Ardin (new)

Ardin Lalui (ardinlalui) | 62 comments Hi Lynne, right now my story is free on Amazon so a purchase and a download is pretty much the same thing. What I should have said is that I'm amazed that people manage to get hundreds of reviews and thousands of sales for their books here on goodreads. I have a new admiration for all my fellow self-publishers!

message 34: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (SchneiderLynn) | 25 comments Ardin wrote: "Thank you Lynn. That's really kind of you. :)"

Wow, I read your story. Great! I will leave a review on Amazon. Very, very enjoyable, loved your voice.

message 35: by Ardin (new)

Ardin Lalui (ardinlalui) | 62 comments Thank you Lynn. I really really appreciate that.

message 36: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (SchneiderLynn) | 25 comments Ardin wrote: "Thank you Lynn. I really really appreciate that."
Ardin, I left a review on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile...

message 37: by Ardin (new)

Ardin Lalui (ardinlalui) | 62 comments Thank you so much Lynn. That's a really kind review. If I can return the favor please let me know.

message 38: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (SchneiderLynn) | 25 comments Marian wrote: "I'm really new at this! Where do I send you the pdfs?"
Just left you a review of The Last Season on Amazon. Wow, loved it. I am off to start Realities.

message 39: by Larry (new)

Larry Garner (LarryAnimalGarner) | 15 comments I am the author of a new action/adventure novel D*e*d Dead and am in one of the review groups here on GR. It's a good way to get some non-reciprocal reviews. I recommend it as a way to boost your reviews, but it is only one tool. I'd appreciate anyone's review of my book. If any of you are interested, I'll send you a free ebook file.
Larry

message 40: by Elle (new)

Elle Jacklee | 25 comments Hi all,

I just have to say that I am amazed at the generosity of so many of you here with regards to volunteering to review fellow authors' writing. I'm sure most of you are like me, hard at work on your next project and there are just not enough hours in the day. If anyone is interested in reviewing my middle grade fantasy, The Tree of Mindala, I would be happy to provide you a digital copy, and very grateful for the favor!

Sincerely,
Elle

message 41: by Marian (new)

Marian Schwartz | 162 comments Lynn wrote: "Marian wrote: "I'm really new at this! Where do I send you the pdfs?"
Just left you a review of The Last Season on Amazon. Wow, loved it. I am off to start Realities."

Thank you, Lynn!

"The Writers' Conference" will will have some free days in a few weeks. I'll let you know when. It's a novel that I believe anyone who is a writer or who hopes to be a writer would want to read.

message 42: by Alesha (new)

Alesha Escobar | 21 comments Elle wrote: "Hi all,

I just have to say that I am amazed at the generosity of so many of you here with regards to volunteering to review fellow authors' writing. I'm sure most of you are like me, hard at work..."

Hi Elle! I'd be glad to read and review your fantasy.

While I'm here, I might as well ask if anyone's available to read & review my fantasy/paranormal book "The Tower's Alchemist." I can send a PDF via email.

MissyDevoursDelishReads (BrewInspiration) Id be happy to review pdf plz missy.bair80@gmail.com Thank you

message 44: by Alesha (new)

Alesha Escobar | 21 comments Missy wrote: "Id be happy to review pdf plz missy.bair80@gmail.com Thank you"

Sending one your way, Missy.

message 45: by Larry (new)

Larry Garner (LarryAnimalGarner) | 15 comments I PMed you, MIssy.

message 46: by Carmen (new)

Carmen Taylor | 2 comments I have a book on here for review... Its called "Murder in the Circle" Its free under my books. I am trying to expend it so and reviews i get will be appreciated.

message 47: by Carmen (new)

Carmen Taylor | 2 comments Alesha wrote: "Elle wrote: "Hi all,

I just have to say that I am amazed at the generosity of so many of you here with regards to volunteering to review fellow authors' writing. I'm sure most of you are like me,..."

I will carmend52oo1@yahoo.com

message 48: by Larry (new)

Larry Garner (LarryAnimalGarner) | 15 comments PM sent, Carmen!

message 49: by Elle (new)

Elle Jacklee | 25 comments Alesha wrote: "Elle wrote: "Hi all,

I just have to say that I am amazed at the generosity of so many of you here with regards to volunteering to review fellow authors' writing. I'm sure most of you are like me,..."

Thanks Alesha! PDF ok? Where should I send it? And I'll read Tower's Alchemist.

message 50: by Alesha (new)

Alesha Escobar | 21 comments Elle wrote: "Alesha wrote: "Elle wrote: "Hi all,

I just have to say that I am amazed at the generosity of so many of you here with regards to volunteering to review fellow authors' writing. I'm sure most of y..."

aleshaescobar3@gmail.com

Thanks!

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Secret Admirer (other topics)
Coulrophobia (other topics)
D*E*D Dead (other topics)
Afterlife: An Introduction to Dante's Inferno (other topics)
The Paris Lawyer (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

David Lafferty (other topics)
S.J. Hailey (other topics)