Flight 815-ers Unite discussion

***SPOILERS**** > SEASON 5 SPOILER THREAD..come n get it!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 369) (369 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Lori (TNBBC) | 885 comments Mod

oh wow. oh wow. oh wow.
The island is unstuck in time.
Daniel is sending messages back through time again.
Richard knows all about it. But is unaffected.

I think I made a connection too. In season one, when Locke and Boone were scouting the island, they found that bi-plane. Locke for whatever reason lost control of his leg (i am pretty sure I remember this correctly)... he sent Boone up to that plane cause he couldnt walk. The reason he couldnt walk...????? he was shot in the leg, but NOT AT THAT MOMENT.... AT THAT TIME... he was shot in the leg IN ANOTHER MOMENT AT THAT TIME!!! from this time, the time we saw tonite, when Ethan shot him!!!

Desmonds fortune teller is back, and she seems to be tracking or tracing or CREATING the islands shifts.....on an old dharma computer.

WTF,,, wasnt expecting Marvin Candle... and I have to wonder why Daniel was there. Was it Daniel going back in time from another time, or Daniel going back now, at this time? Was that current Island, or an island flashback? I am positive he has been to that island BEFORE all this stuff.... before the palne crash. Dont forget, he was first seen crying in front of a tv set when they announced the plane crash was found in the ocean, and he didnt know why. Im so confused!

This island/survivors moving in time stuff is going to get old real fast I think, I cant see them pulling that off all season long, so I think more time will be spent following everyone off island, than on-island. And WHO the FUCK were those people who asked Juliette and Sawyer why they were on THEIR island???? WHAT!!!!

Im so glad they took Neil/Frogurt out. He was pissing me off.

How did Miles know he was going to find the boar, how did he know it was just dead for three hours? Is it his weird psychic ablilites? Can he communicate with dead animals like he does with dead people? huh???

Desmond is going to play a big role, me thinks.... since Daniel is communicating with him and attempting to change course.

my head is spinning. I am sure I am forgetting stuff.... ahhhhhh....

message 2: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

oh no! No one has anything to say on last nights show?

Was I the only one who watched it??????

message 3: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

I read on another message board that people think Miles is Marvin Candles son... since we see him at the opening of the show with a baby, while recording the dharma films... timing would be right for Miles current age.... hmmmmmmmm.....

Sherry I think the group that had caught Sawyer and Juliette are the Dharma group and if so that could make the time blip very interesting because we may finally get a glimpse into all the mystery of Dharma,what they were up to and perhaps it may shed more light onto the Ben/Widmore conflict.

I can't wait to see more!

I wonder if the wispering that has been heard in the jungle is people present at a different time dimension occupying the same space? Does that make sense?

message 5: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

ooohhh... Sherry, i like that idea about the whispers..... you could be onto something.

Tisha Ohhhhh, good idea! Interesting....

(G)Emma  (litlover) | 339 comments So it was Desmond's fortune teller? I was WONDERING who she was...

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 22, 2009 01:18PM) (new)

yeah actually i was let out early to watch it, and i must say i was amazed by all the answers that i have been waiting for, the island went back in time, and in order for john to tell jack that he had to go back was for him to die, but this is my question, when ben and his 06 come back along with john locke who is dead, will ben reverse time to bring john locke back from the dead? And what is gonna happen in 70hrs if ben cant bring everyone back? it was funny how they brought back ethan for a few seconds. Miles i believe knew that the boar was dead for 3 hrs because of his psychic ability, remember last season he talked to a dead kid to find out where he stashed something important of his. so there are still more questions to be asked but i am hoping that they will be answered

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

and sun wants Ben dead, i dont blame her, she is still upset about Jin's death.......or did he die, they didnt show that part of the show, so he might be dead or he may not be,

Claire (Clairebear8) | 44 comments Hi, I'm new here. Anyway, this whole time thing is going to be confusing for me. I remember those little Mary statues from a few seasons back (they were using those to smuggle drugs, right?).....now Locke finds them (last night) after that small plane crashed in the tree. ooh, I just hope things will become clearer. What about Claire? Is she dead or must missing? I don't think Jin is dead (just my opinion).

Rebecca Russell (Vigorio) | 42 comments I don't think Jin is dead either. If anyone is confused or has forgotten parts from the past, rent the season discs and get caught up. I did and now I know what's happening and everything clicks as I watch. I wish it would run like the SciFi channel did-four episodes at a time!

I love the idea of the whispering and I think you're dead on! The thing about Locke's leg not working due to a gunshot in another time is brilliant, too.

Cat | 37 comments i have to say that i dodn't really believe that Sun forgives Kate. I think she has a real vengeance thing going on, and blames everyone for Jin's death.

I wonder if Mrs Hawkins also talks to Whitmore.

My big question i came with is why do the others disappear during the time jump, and then when they appear they don't remember Locke, but Juliette does remember everyone, and stays in the same place? Is it because she wasn't really an other?? Or did her deciding to leave the others have more "consequences" than we thought.

Also raelly cool Ana Lucia telling Hurley that Libby says hi... and Hurley fessing up the lies to his mom. I think that now that he's "arrested" she's going to try to make him come clean.

Heather Hi! I'm new too....got hooked on Lost over the summer mainly because of Lori and her discussions of the Lost reading list on TNBBC. I got seasons 1-4 for Christmas and have been re-watching them when I have time.

I, too, like the ideas posted here about the whisperings and Locke's leg. One thing I hope they cover this season is about Libby...I want more of her story! She was getting interesting with being in the nut house with Hurley and then she's dead! I cheered (literally) when Anna Lucia's ghost told Hurley that "Libby said hi"

Alex | 57 comments ok, eckos brothers plane crashed (which was the plane that almost killed locke) and had a stash of drugs in the hail mary statues which was what locke picked up. And Locke has to die to get off the island therefore hes dead. And ANA LUCIA TOLD HURLEY NOT TO GET ARRESTED AND SUREE ENOUGH HE GOT ARRESTED AAAAUUUUGGGHHHH

Claire (Clairebear8) | 44 comments That WAS neat about Ana Lucia. I didn't recognize her at first. I think I WILL rent the discs and watch them again.

Alex | 57 comments I also bet that jin jumped off the boat at the last minute, also, I bet it will be 70 hours until evryone on the island will get time travel sick like charlotte is already, the only savior is desmond because he is "special", now is he special like alpert or different special, ALSO DHARMA DIDNT CREATE THE WHEEL that moves the island, im sorta wondering if it was widmore who created the island long time ago, but lost it and now is trying to get it back

message 17: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

hi everyone. Great questions, too bad we have to wait and bide our time to find them out. But the fun part is to sit here and throw our ideas around. Im already remembering things I had forgotten.

Ana DID tell Hurley not to get arrested, didnt she? That was a bit of foreshadowing wasnt it?

I dont think everyone will get this time travel sickness the way Charolette is. This is a bit different from Desmond and whatshisname from the boat.. they were time traveling in their heads... jumping from past body to present body.

This time, all the survivors are time traveling with their bodies in tact... its the island that is moving and they are staying put. Strange, isnt it? Polar opposite to what Desmond went through. So will they all need constants like Daniel and Dessy did? Something tells me no. So then why is Charlotte getting sick? Oh my poor aching head!

I am hoping that Jin is alive, however, at the season 4 finale, I was thinking he would have jumped off, and Daniel would have found him. This is when I thought Daneil was out of the islands range.... But last nite proved to us that he moved when the island moved, so there goes that theory. Is Jin just out there floating around on the ships debri? I have to say that he did die, he wont be "gone".....

Libby had better get a story in. She gave Dessy the boat he landed on the island with, she was in the nut house with Hurley, they all ended up on the island together.. something is too connected there to just let it up and die with her.....

I kinda knew Dharma hadnt created the wheel, but who the heck did? I know Candle said they chose the island and THAT area for what they were doing to HARNESS the power.... but how did they know it was there to begin with? Dharma is obviously a front, but for what? Did Dharma get the island from Widmore, or did Widmore create Dharma?????

(G)Emma  (litlover) | 339 comments Lori...remember that theory about Charlotte?

The girl Ben was best friends with as a child??

message 19: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (last edited Jan 22, 2009 02:56PM) (new)

oh yes. I dont know about that anymore. Annie, was her name, right? I remember when she landed on the island, she looked as tho she was thrilled to "be back"... and didnt she or someone make a comment something along the lines of "back where you were born" or something????

(G)Emma  (litlover) | 339 comments Yes, I remember that too.

That's the most logical (HAH) explaination.

Cat | 37 comments she said she was looking for the place where she was born, which makes me think the island could take her to it, but that it's not the actual island.

there is some theory out there about moon matter.. evry complicated, i'll try to find the website and post it....

what do you think about Widmore being like Alpert and not aging....that he is the captain of the black rock???

Cat | 37 comments here it is:

http://mirrormattermoon.blogspot.com/

it is REALLY long, but well worth it, if you can get through it. I'm not sure if i totally believe it, but it's a really good, well thought out theory!

Maria (mInks05) | 52 comments my head was spinning last night! i appreciated the one hour pre-show, and they addressed the fact that there will finally start to be more answers than questions. however,i don't think last night's episode stuck to that!

i just about died when Ana Lucia made her little appearance. i feel bad for hurley, he's considered the crazy one, but i often think he's the most sane one of the bunch.

hoping someone can answer two questions for me: who the heck were the lady in the butcher shop and the lady in the church, with that crazy pendulum thingie?

*sigh* here's waiting until next week..

message 24: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Yeah, Ive heard the whole Black Rock connection. He richard and christian being the original crew of that ship.
That was back in the 1800's and it also had something to do with Alchemy, if im not mistaken. I thought that was a bit far fetched. But then again, this is LOST, and we are talking about an island that can move IN TIME!!

I was thinking more along the lines of ...since the Black Rock was ON his island, he wanted everything he could get his hands on about it (hense the auction of the log)..... We will find out (hopefully) before the series ends.

SOooo many possibilities with that one!

Andie | 11 comments I really don't think Jin is dead. In that recap, they said something about Sun "believing" that Jin is dead. It sure seems like a big slip for those guys because they've always seemed to be so careful about what they say about the show. Maybe it's just me hoping he's alive and reaching for straws though. :)
I hope they bring back Charlie.

Eric | 5 comments When the Dharma were digging that hole and Faraday shows up, I don't think it was any wierd time thing. I think, Faraday had become or pretended to become a Dharma Initiative for just the reason that you saw. He knew/suspected that that part of the island was there and had to see it himself. He clearly knows a lot more about all this then he is telling. Which makes sense, as I think his mom is that Mrs. Hawking woman that Ben talked to at the end. (She seems to know plenty about what is going on.)

Sherry I think the opening scene where the Dharma group is digging in the tunnel and Daniel happens to be there was both a flashback and a flash forward, which I think is a bloody brilliant idea for Lost who tells so much of the story through both of those devices,but to combine them, well how cool is that!

Olebabe07 | 48 comments me and my sister hoped charlie would come back too.... we were even thinking, you know how the people left on the island are "silent observers" so they may even be the wisperers that they heard... like a weird go back in time thing, like in Harry Potter when hermione was the time watch

message 29: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Eric, Daniel couldnt have been part of Dharma at the actual time of them finding that wheel under the Orchid station. That was built back in the what..70's right? That would mean that Daniel is the same as Richard.... ageless, which just cant be right.

I firmly beleive that it was a flashfoward to a flashback/time travel incident.

Seth (NinjaaaaaofWritingbooks) I think that the whole show/plot is about Richard. I think that he is from the future, and that is why he never ages, and that he is just trying to fix what he messed up that happened in the future . . .

message 31: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

If that is the case, Seth, I think he is going to find that very hard to do. Didnt Farriday explain to everyone that time is like a road. You can travel up and down it, but cant change the direction of it. Nothing you can do will influence or change what has happened.

Carrie (missfryer) | 34 comments was the baby @ the beginning MILES?!

message 33: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Thats what Im thinking. The timing would totally work out, and why else would they show that?

Seth (NinjaaaaaofWritingbooks) Acutally farriday explained it like a string :D

Olebabe07 | 48 comments miles doesnt look 40, maybe thats just me but it could be him, do think the times thingy has anything to do with his super talking to dead people powers?

Eric | 5 comments Hmm....Thanks Lori, I guess Faraday is a little young to have been in Dharma. Must rethink. Brain hurts.

Alex | 57 comments string theory anyone? quantum mechanics?

Lorena (LorenaLilian) | 149 comments Seth . . . wrote: "I think that the whole show/plot is about Richard. I think that he is from the future, and that is why he never ages, and that he is just trying to fix what he messed up that happened in the future..."

That is very interesting and had not ocurred to me, but having him be the ultimate time traveler would also explain why he didn't become the leader but instead passed the torch onto Lock.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

when sun was at the airport, and she was detained and moved into a room, why did witmore say that they do what i tell them to do. i have a theory, that witmore maybe owns the oceanic company, i mean how else can he get a plane into the ocean to make everyone think that there were no survivors.

Andie | 11 comments I think Richard is content to sit back and watch how things play out, maybe because he already knows what will happen.
He seems to nudge people in certain directions, but he never tries to take control.

message 41: by Lorena (last edited Jan 26, 2009 02:16PM) (new)

Lorena (LorenaLilian) | 149 comments Andrea, that goes along nicely with Seth's theory.

message 42: by Lori, Offical Lost Lover and Super Mod (new)

Widmore has people everywhere. I think he has "associates" planted all over the world.

Sydney | 8 comments Brilliant!

Alex | 57 comments ITS ON AGAIN

and that ladies name is ElOISE HAWKING

Maria (mInks05) | 52 comments a baby? dear lord, my head is spinning again already...

Alex | 57 comments very special island haha that fooled me

Alex | 57 comments COULDN'T STAY AWAY HE MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL THROUGH TIME BECAUSE SHE RECOGNIZES HIM meaning him at the orchid building was the same age

Maria (mInks05) | 52 comments latin? that language has been dead for centuries.

they're others? the same ones, or a different breed?

ccol dead-sense miles.

Alex | 57 comments COME BACK FOR BOMB WHAT BOMB??????????

Alex | 57 comments WIDMORE WAS ON THE ISLAND!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
OMG

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Everything That Rises Must Converge: Stories (other topics)