Webcomic Wonderland discussion

Archive > What prizes do you guys want?

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristen, Non-active moderator (new)

Kristen | 1181 comments Mod
So, I've been thinking about starting a contest, and I want to have some sort of prize for the winner. The thing is, I am a broke college student, so I can't afford to buy you guys anything :( So, I was thinking maybe I could give out some sort of privilege. Would you be interested in winning the chance to pick a webcomic for the book club? Or is the something else you would be willing to compete for? If you have any ideas, let me know here!

Selena (sailorstar165) | 351 comments How about seeing if you can find someone who's good at drawing and ask them to draw something for the winner (like, favorite webcomic, or something)

message 3: by Kristen, Non-active moderator (new)

That's not a bad idea. I might have a friend or two who would be willing to draw something for me. I certainly couldn't do it: I'm pretty terrible at drawing. Although, if anyone wants to donate their artwork (or anything else for that matter) as prizes for future contests, I would be happy to use them as prizes for future contests or events.

message 4: by Mike, Head moderator (new)

Mike | 1260 comments Mod
I really like both ideas, although I'm not an artist myself so unfortunately can't help on that front.

For the book club - maybe do two each month, one by vote as normal and a second chosen by the winner of a contest?

message 5: by Kristen, Non-active moderator (new)

Mike wrote: "I really like both ideas, although I'm not an artist myself so unfortunately can't help on that front.

For the book club - maybe do two each month, one by vote as normal and a second chosen by the..."

That's what I was thinking. I think voting is a fun and fair way to choose a webcomic for the book club. If I were to use the right to pick something for the book club as a prize, it would definitely be in addition to the one that we decide on as a group.

Katrina Joyner (rainbowprophet) | 62 comments Hey, here's a prize idea: a plastic charm.

I mean, as in - providing we're not getting some webcomic owner upset - a necklace pendant were made of someone's favorite webcomic character.

I do shrinky dinks as a hobby - used to do them for profit - so I'd be willing to put in some elbow grease. And I know some (not all) webcomic artists love it when you pirate their stuff because it's free advertisement. (Like, one of my characters was a Minecraft avatar for a while. I was thrilled.)

Or, barring that, just somebody's chibi or something. Chibis and round things like that work best.

message 7: by Kristen, Non-active moderator (new)

That's a really cute idea! I think as long as we get permission from the webcomic creators, it will be fine. If that is something you can and will do on an on-demand basis, that would be fantastic.

Katrina Joyner (rainbowprophet) | 62 comments Yep: I'll make them! The only thing I ask is I'm given the artwork.

There are days I take off to do crafts and have fun - but having to get the artwork isn't something I can necessarily do.

A webcomic artist would most likely be willing to provide something, especially if they get one too. (I'd have to make more than one to keep from wasting a sheet.) Or if someone else here is artistic?

unread topics | mark unread