Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Our Gay Son: A Christian Father's Search for Truth
This topic is about Our Gay Son
Adding New Books > A Question on Adding, Blogging, and those "Little Pictures"

Comments (showing 1-3)    post a comment »
dateUp_arrow    newest »

John Champneys (andavane) | 36 comments Amara wrote: "The GR Feedback group is actually the place for this kind of question, but I'll try to answer to the best of my abilities:
I'm assuming whatever blog site or software you use, it uses html. To get..."

Thank very much, Amara.
when I can get my head together for all this, I'll certainly "have a bash" using a test blog. btw my browser is Firefox and the blog is Google Blogger.
I shall revert! :)

Amara (AFTanith) The GR Feedback group is actually the place for this kind of question, but I'll try to answer to the best of my abilities:

I'm assuming whatever blog site or software you use, it uses html. To get the thumbnail into the review, you can use the following html:

< img src=IMAGE LINK > but take out the spaces. To alter the image, the coding gets a little more complex. To add a hyperlink to the image, try < a href=LINK >< img src=IMAGE LINK >< /a > and take out the spaces.

To get the image link you want, right click on the image. Every browser I've ever used has a way to find out the image's file name from there. Opera has "Open Image", IE has "Properties", Chrome has "Copy Image URL", etcetera, etcetera. Put that link into the coding, and if done correctly, the image you want will appear. You may need to edit its size, which is as simple as filling a bit more coding (which you can view here).

Replacing the image spit out by the GR "add to blog" feature is just as simple as editing the html and replacing the image link you don't want with the image link you do.

Of course, if this all came across as nonsense to you, my apologies, and you'll want to seek more precise help in GR Feedback group. :)

John Champneys (andavane) | 36 comments A Two-part Question:

(1) When I reviewed Our Gay Son I believe it had not yet been added to Goodreads, therefore when I blogged my review, the "Little Picture" (seen above) didn't appear in the resulting blog. I'd really like to know how you get that little bit of code which shows it, and how you insert it into you blog review.

(2) I'm writing a review on another book which has 3 versions, with some small and 1 major difference between them, and I want to mention all in the review. For example:

This book: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/45...

contains the same text as this rescued book: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/26...

Obviously separate entries are made for each book, but I want to incorporate the "Little Picture" of the rescued book into a paragraph, with the blogged review.

The third edition, dual-text Sanskrit and English is altogether more scholarly and enables one to see the original text. I want a paragraph on it in one in paragraph the same blog review, adding the "Little Picture" if possible.
The details are: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15...

Is it possible to do this in the blog? Obviously each book review in Goodreads will have its own review, each one strongly cross-referenced to the other two.

I hope this is clear, and that I've posted it in the correct group.

Kind regards,

John

unread topics | mark unread