Book Crazy! discussion

Picture Writing Contests > First Picture contest July 24th-August 2nd 2012 (CLOSED)

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aria (last edited Jul 24, 2012 07:43PM) (new)

Aria Ahmer (Pokemonmasta3) | 307 comments Mod

Hi all! Enjoy! and remember keep it no higher than 3,500 words.

Heartful Harp

I found the harp. The harp that would allow you to see the dead. I needed this harp. My loved one died. I need this! It will only play one song. I need to bring him back!

I waited till nightfall, as the witch instructed me. She taught me the notes of the magical song called Life Revisited. She also taught me the lyrics of the beautiful music.

I took in a deep breath and put my hand on the first string. I began to play the melody and sing along with it. The witch told me to think of the person I was trying to see while singing.

The lyrics began as, "Come to me. Come be free. Don't be afraid. There is no shade. Come to the light tonight." Tears fell down my face while I sang. I opened my eyes and the harp continued to play, but the strings began to fall off. The witch said only one song could be played.

The strings sparkled as they used their abnormal power. I gasped when I saw him. Only for a second did I get to hug him. I couldn't stand it. I pleaded for more time, but it was too late. I was now left alone in the dark hearing only the sound of crickets and owls.

message 3: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

Marissa (CrazyBookLover97) | 380 comments Mod
Sad but a good story! :)

Marissa wrote: "Sad but a good story! :)"

:) thanks marissa!

message 5: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

No problem! ;)

Madelaine Bast I watched as she followed the sparkling lights, her dark hair contrasted her pale skin.

“No,” I reached out to grab her hand, trying to stop her, but she didn’t notice. She just continued on her path until she came to an opening. The dark sky surrounded us; the stars sparkled, seemingly mocking me. The full moon’s light seemed to spotlight the centre of the paddock, in the centre was a harp, its strings sparkling in the moon light.

“Play,” the harp sang to her, “Play and it will end.”

“Stop,” I reached out again, pleading her not to play. Praying she would awake. I tried to grab her as she picked the harp up.

She smiled to herself as she began to play the harp; the sorrow filled music rang through the field. I watched as her fingers stopped, but the music continued. I stared in horror as her spirit lifted from her body. She stared at me, finally noticing I was there.

“Why?” I walked to her, confusion showing in my eyes.

“Now we are together,” She smiled and reached for me.

“I would rather be apart than have this happen to you,” tears fall from my eyes, I did not know spirits could cry.

“It was not your choice,” She grabs my hand and looks into my eyes smiling. “It is not so bad. Now we will be together. That is all I ever wanted.”
I stared at the harp that had taken both our lives. It’s beautiful music had turned horrid. Each note caused me physical pain. I stared back at her and smiled, fighting through the pain. “We can’t change the past, I guess.”

“No, we can’t,” She smiled at me, “Everything will be okay now, no one can tear us apart.” She pulled my hand and steered me away from the painful music.

Madelaine wrote: "I watched as she followed the sparkling lights, her dark hair contrasted her pale skin.

“No,” I reached out to grab her hand, trying to stop her, but she didn’t notice. She just continued on her p..."

Awesome job madi!

Madelaine Bast Aria N. wrote: "Madelaine wrote: "I watched as she followed the sparkling lights, her dark hair contrasted her pale skin.

“No,” I reached out to grab her hand, trying to stop her, but she didn’t notice. She just ..."

Madelaine wrote: "Aria N. wrote: "Madelaine wrote: "I watched as she followed the sparkling lights, her dark hair contrasted her pale skin.

“No,” I reached out to grab her hand, trying to stop her, but she didn’t n..."

way better than mine xD :) good job

message 10: by Marissa, BookCrazyDominator! (new)

You both did good! :)

:) thanks!

The winner is up :) not many people voted in the poll though

unread topics | mark unread