Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2)
This topic is about Sweet Dreams
Archived "Buddy Reads" > Sweet Dreams by Kirsten Ashley, starts 5th August

Comments (showing 1-50 of 258) (258 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments

Welcome to our Buddy Read. Stop by and say "Hi" and while you're here let us know what your thoughts are on the book... OR... stay and answer discussion questions, volunteer to post some, or just chose to comment on the ones you want.

This will be an open discussion of Sweet Dreams by Kristen Ashley
PLEASE EXPECT SPOILERS!

Goodreads Synopsis
Lauren Grahame has spent her whole life thinking something special was going to happen. She didn’t know what it was, she just knew it would one day be hers. But she learned the hard way that special wasn’t on offer. So, after divorcing her cheating husband, Lauren searched for nothing special and she thought she found it when she landed a job as a waitress in a biker bar in Carnal. It was perfect: a nothing job in a nowhere bar in Nowheresville.

Then Tatum Jackson walked in. Part-owner of the bar, he took one look at high-class Lauren and wanted nothing to do with her. And he made this known, loudly.

Tate’s angry insults seared in her brain, Lauren decides the feeling is mutual and she doesn’t want anything to do with the gloriously handsome Tate Jackson. The clash of the bartender and barmaid begins but, even though Tate makes his change of mind clear (in biker-speak, a language Lauren is not fluent in), Lauren is intent on going her own way.

Until a serial killer hits Carnal and Lauren finds out Tate isn’t a bartender, he’s a bounty hunter. He stakes his claim for Lauren before he goes on the hunt for a killer but Laurie doesn’t speak biker nor does she understand bounty hunters and Tate comes back from the hunt to find his old lady has moved on. Life throws curveball after curveball at Laurie and Tate. As secrets are revealed, women are brutally murdered, and Lauren tries to find her inner biker babe.

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Reserved

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Given how big the chapters are, how about we make it three a day for this one?

Elishia | 2512 comments I haven't looked at it but that's fine with me.

message 5: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 8355 comments hi CaroB , Hi Elishia
I've read this one as (probably) you know !!I'll be lurking on this one to see what you think !

message 6: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 5991 comments Her chapters are monsterously long, so 3 is fine with me!

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Just read The Gamble and I may try to join ya'll for this one ☺ If I'm allowed to that is.

Rachel the Book Harlot I've already read this but if you guys don't mind, I would like to participate. :)

message 9: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 5991 comments Of course you can join in, Pamela!

And Rachel, we'd love you to chat with us on it :)

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments the more the merrier!

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Neato! Now if I can hold off from reading it before then

Rachel the Book Harlot Awesome! Thanks, Guys. :)

message 13: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18826 comments Oh, this one is good. I've read it twice. I had to, b/c the first time I just gobbled it down. LOL!

Elishia | 2512 comments shosho wrote: "hi CaroB , Hi Elishia
I've read this one as (probably) you know !!I'll be lurking on this one to see what you think !"

Hiya Shosho. I know I've been meaning to read it since then. I'm doing a buddy read on her other series but really liked the gamble.

Vanessa (ReellyReading) | 51 comments Hi.I Would like to join your Buddy read. This is my first time, how does it work? I've read 12 of her books already. Just finished Gamble.

Vanessa (ReellyReading) | 51 comments Yes, he was yummy and he wasn't like the other very alpha alphas from Dream Man Or Rock Chick. I guess because of his first wife he knew when he saw someone who was worth his time. He fought for it plus he is a Mountain Man.LOL

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Welcome Vanessa! Have a look at some of the other buddy reads in this group to see how we tend to work things. You don't have to volunteer for any questions if you don't feel like it, especially if it's your first time... We start reading on the date above and read a set number of chapters a day... or at least, we ask questions about a set number of chapters a day. Quite often a few of us read ahead :)

Vanessa (ReellyReading) | 51 comments Thanks Carol. I look forward to it.

~Megan~ (Megadee) Oh, how I love Tatum Jackson!! Babe. You have no idea.

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments AaaaRRGGHHHHH! I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait until the 5th! I keep hearing such good things, I hope I don't raise my expectations too high!

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) I don't know about the reading only a few chapters a day thing. lol ☺ I read a book in a day but I'll try and not give any spoilers when I do.

Elishia | 2512 comments CaroB wrote: "AaaaRRGGHHHHH! I don't know if I'm going to be able to wait until the 5th! I keep hearing such good things, I hope I don't raise my expectations too high!"

Same here CaroB i've heard loads about Tate

message 23: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 5991 comments Heehee I love that we're all worked up and ready to read this!

~Megan~ (Megadee) The third book is even better than this one....and I just finished the fourth, which contains my favorite ever KA heroine!

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Ok, The Megster has to STOP with all the teasing... It's not fair to us poor plebs who are trying to be good and waiting... (no really, tell me more!)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Patience, Grasshopper!

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments LOL Pam! I know, you're right.

~Megan~ (Megadee) Hehe! Sorry guys, I'm just kinda crazy about these books LOL! :)

Rachel the Book Harlot ~Megan~ wrote: "Oh, how I love Tatum Jackson!! Babe. You have no idea."

Me too! He's on my top 5 Alpha Heroes list.

message 30: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18826 comments Pamela(AllHoney) wrote: "Patience, Grasshopper!"

FOFLMAO! Oh, Pamela, that was perfect!

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments Oooh, Rachel, who are your other 4?

message 32: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 5991 comments I'm curious who they are too. :)

message 33: by ~Megan~ (last edited Jul 28, 2012 09:48PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

~Megan~ (Megadee) Yes, me too Rachel! My personal top 5 is ever evolving and could be different at any given second....I'm kinda fickle like that! :)

message 34: by Rachel the Book Harlot (last edited Jul 29, 2012 03:27PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rachel the Book Harlot lol! Okay I'll spill but one of them is a liiittle controversial:

1. Vishous from the BDB - he's my #1. :)
2. Tate from Sweet Dreams.
3. Eric Northman from the Sookie Stackhouse Novels.
4. Ian from the Night Huntress Series.

*takes deep breath and says this one really fast* 5. Jaime Lannister from the ASOIF series *runs out*

:)

message 35: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18826 comments Rachel wrote: "Jamie Lannister from the ASOIF series *runs out*"

LMBO! Yeah, Rachel, I was truly amazed that G.R.R.M. could get me to change my mind about that character.

message 36: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18826 comments Somewhat. At least I found myself rooting for him.

message 37: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 8355 comments Rachel wrote: "lol! Okay I'll spill but one of them is a liiittle controversial:

1. Vishous from the BDB - he's my #1. :)
2. Tate from Sweet Dreams.
3. Eric Northman from the Sookie Stackhouse Novels.
4. Ian fro..."

My list has 2 of yours on it , I won't say which ones!
but about Jamie , he is the twin brother isn't he? He's got an ick factor !!!but I've only read half of the first book!!!

@ Lisa Kay
what is G.R.R.M?

message 38: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18826 comments Sorry, G.R.R.M. = George R.R. Martin

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments lol, love how you threw that out there Rachel, but I have to admit, I don't know who that is or what ASOIF means...

message 40: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 5991 comments Rachel wrote: "5. Jamie Lannister from the ASOIF series"

Who from where?

Elishia | 2512 comments CaroB wrote: "lol, love how you threw that out there Rachel, but I have to admit, I don't know who that is or what ASOIF means..."

ha ha me either

message 42: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18826 comments Rachel is talking about the series A Song of Fire and Ice.

A Game of Thrones  (A Song of Ice and Fire #1) by George R.R. Martin A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2) by George R.R. Martin A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice and Fire, #3) by George R.R. Martin A Feast for Crows (A Song of Ice and Fire, #4) by George R.R. Martin A Dance With Dragons (A Song of Ice and Fire, #5) by George R.R. Martin

Jamie Lannister, one of the POV characters, has an ick factor (view spoiler). Still, G.R.R.M. manages to make him sympathetic and likable...somewhat... as the series goes on. That is why she posted and ran. She thought someone might start flaming her.

message 43: by Elishia (last edited Jul 29, 2012 03:41PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elishia | 2512 comments LOL oh. I haven't read these yet been looking at them for months, think I even got the first one but not sure i'll like them. I really shouldn't have read that spoiler.

message 44: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18826 comments Sorry, Elisha. I've done that, too. Just can't resist those spoilers sometimes.

CaroB (CarobSimms) | 5551 comments LOL! No flaming here Rachel.

Rachel the Book Harlot lol Guys! Jaime Lannister is a character from the Game of Thrones series. He is...gah, I don't want to say too much because I don't want to spoil so I'll say he is a villain. And...well...there is also an extreme ick facter because he has an incestous relationship with his twin sister. I know, totally cringeworthy! (Shosho, definitely an ick factor!) I see you all side-eyeing me! Hahahaha!

Lisa Kay, me too!

Shosho, I won't pressure you into telling me who your 2 are...but will chocolate cookies work? No? How about chocolate cupcakes? :)

message 47: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 8355 comments Rachel wrote: "Shosho, I won't pressure you into telling me who your 2 are...but will chocolate cookies work? No? How about chocolate cupcakes? :) "

I'm so easy :D Anything chocolate will work!!

message 48: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 18826 comments chocolate cupcake for Shosho!
[image error]

message 49: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 8355 comments 1.Eric Northman from the Sookie Stackhouse Novels.
1.Ian from the Night Huntress Series.
all of them are number one for me:D
I'm going to tell you the other 3 !!!
1.Rehvenge from BDB
1.JZB from fever series (he is a bit more #1)
1.Hawk from Psy-changeling series (I'm reading his book now but he made his way in to my list from the first book)
1.Lothaire from immortals after dark
Was that 4? oh well !!!!

message 50: by ShoSho , Moderator (new) - rated it 2 stars

ShoSho  (shoshost) | 8355 comments Thanks Lisa Kay :)told you I'm easy I even gave out all the others :P

« previous 1 3 4 5 6

Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sweet Dreams (other topics)
A Game of Thrones (other topics)
A Storm of Swords (other topics)
A Feast for Crows (other topics)
A Dance with Dragons (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kristen Ashley (other topics)