Gena Showalter Fans discussion

The Darkest Seduction (Lords of the Underworld, #9)
This topic is about The Darkest Seduction
LOTU - books > The Darkest Seduction (LOTU #9)

Comments (showing 1-50 of 83) (83 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ , Strider's sweetheart (last edited Nov 13, 2012 02:27AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥  (mylheage) | 783 comments Mod
description

Possessed by the demon of Promiscuity, immortal warrior Paris is irresistibly seductive—but his potent allure comes at a terrible price. Every night he must bed someone new, or weaken and die. And the woman he craves above all others is the one woman he'd thought was forever beyond his reach …until now.

Newly possessed by the demon of Wrath, Sienna Blackstone is racked by a ruthless need to punish those around her. Yet in Paris's arms, the vulnerable beauty finds soul-searing passion and incredible peace. Until a blood feud between ancient enemies heats up. Will the battle against gods, angels and creatures of the night bind them eternally—or tear them apart?

Jenn | 8 comments i absolutely loved this book. to be honest i saw this and read it then found out it was a series lol but this book is amazing i couldnt put it down i keep reading it over and over. i dont have a favorite part because the enitre book was my favorite. cant wait for the next one.

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 117 comments One of my favorite quotes is from this book. It made me laugh out loud it was so twisted.

“William whispered, "You're about to find out how your liver tastes, my friend."
"I have tasted it already," Zacharel said, his voice its usual monotone. The snowflakes began to fall in earnest, tiny at first, but growing in diameter. An arctic wind blustered around. "It was a bit salty." How the hell was a guy supposed to respond to that?”
― Gena Showalter, The Darkest Seduction

message 4: by Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ , Strider's sweetheart (new) - rated it 2 stars

I think I would have been confused if I had started in the middle of the series, Jenn. Is this still your fave?

That quote is awesome. Funny but also kind of shocking.

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 117 comments I know that is why I laughed so hard. I was completely shocked by what he said. Love it!

Jenn | 8 comments at first I was but then reading the series I was good. it had came up and never mentioned being part of a series. as for if its still my favorite yeah but I'm in the process of rereading them so ill get back to you lol these are amazing books

Lori Jenn wrote: "at first I was but then reading the series I was good. it had came up and never mentioned being part of a series. as for if its still my favorite yeah but I'm in the process of rereading them so il..."

I think you'll end up loving this book more after you read the series because the characters are AWESOME! Love William! Can't wait for his book. You'll have to read Wicked Nights too the spin-off series with Zacharel. Love, love, love it! One of my favorite books.

Jenn | 8 comments read the entire series of the lords and wicked nights lol but this is my favorite still a close second is darkest passion with aeron

Camilla (Millaz) | 23 comments I loved this book, thought it had a great mix of Paris and Zach.. :)

message 10: by Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ , Strider's sweetheart (last edited Aug 04, 2012 03:30AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

I didn't like the book that much.

Don't feel Sienna and Paris. Why are they in love? They meet, forgive everything (!!!), end of story. I also think he deserved someone gorgeous and not so boring and plain.

Paris has never been a fave and still isn't. He was an ass because he didn't help save Kane and then turned into a total sap. In the bedroom he wasn't that special either. I mean, we're talking about the Sex Lord!!!

Sienna was boring and in the end turned into an arrogant bi***. Thinks she's the best since she's the Queen. *rolls eyes*

My Strider is still a shadow of his former self. Why should he care if Paris gets hard? Why does he have to apologize? Because Kaia the Annoying says so? I don't think so! He was right!!! Sienna is/was an enemy! You don't forgive them only because one of them likes to fu** her!!!

Btw, Paris forgives her and she tells him that many of the Hunters are brainwashed but they give them to Hades in the blink of an eye. She gets the benefit of the doubt and they don't?!?! I wonder who they take now since so many Hunters got killed.

Not sure if I like Viola. Kaia the Annoying already was a wannabe-Anya and failed. She seems to be more of the same. Sorry, but there can only be one Anya.

Liked Zacharel. Too bad we can't enjoy the ice-cold angel more since he'll get his book and be all emotional.

The new guys could be cool, especially Cameron.

Still don't want William and Gilly together.

Don't like Legioon and Galen so I don't want a story for them either.

But even though I didn't like the last two books, I'm looking forward to Kane's story. This could be a lot if fun.

message 11: by Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ , Strider's sweetheart (new) - rated it 2 stars

Gena said she thought about pairing Paris with Viola. What do you think about that after meeting her in this book?

Anna  (Bananas!) | 274 comments Jessica wrote: "One of my favorite quotes is from this book. It made me laugh out loud it was so twisted.

“William whispered, "You're about to find out how your liver tastes, my friend."
"I have tasted it alrea..."

I forgot all about this!
That is horrifying and hilarious at the same time.

Anna  (Bananas!) | 274 comments I thought the inner dialogue between Paris and Sex in this book was really funny, especially when Sex lusted after William and other guys. Paris was just NOT cool with that.

message 14: by Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ , Strider's sweetheart (new) - rated it 2 stars

It must be horrible when you need sex and have to do it with someone you feel no attraction to.

But damn, I want to read his scene with Strider. ;-)

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 117 comments Anna (Bananas!) wrote: "Jessica wrote: "One of my favorite quotes is from this book. It made me laugh out loud it was so twisted.

"I have..."

I know right. It totally had me rolling. I mean who thinks of that...

Anna  (Bananas!) | 274 comments Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ wrote: "It must be horrible when you need sex and have to do it with someone you feel no attraction to.

But damn, I want to read his scene with Strider. ;-)"

Tell me about it! We need that deleted scene!

Anna  (Bananas!) | 274 comments She has a sick, sick mind. Remember Gwen ripping out that trachea?

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 117 comments Anna (Bananas!) wrote: "She has a sick, sick mind. Remember Gwen ripping out that trachea?"

I know I loved that too. I guess that means I have a sick mind too. :)

Anna  (Bananas!) | 274 comments Sick Girl :)

Jessica (studioeastrat) | 117 comments well what can I say. I am always cheering for the bad guys too.

Anna  (Bananas!) | 274 comments That's because bad boys are the BEST.

In the Gena interview in the Darkest Facts she talks about how she gets flashes of scenes she wants to write, and they're often violent - like the trachea scene. I love that.

message 22: by Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ , Strider's sweetheart (new) - rated it 2 stars

I generally love blood and gore!

Anna  (Bananas!) | 274 comments Do you read any horror?

Darla (bookdragon33) | 212 comments I dug this book, I always liked Paris, he was kinda like a big playful teddy bear until he lost his Sienna, then he was a big whiny baby. I was glad that in this book there is hope out there for the regular looking girl to end up with the totally hot sexy fine beautiful man who only had eyes for her, despite her possible shortcomings in the look department.

message 25: by Lulu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lulu (Lulu2011) | 180 comments I think Sienna started out as a flat-chested, mousy haired girl who betrayed Paris and got herself killed, way back several books ago.

I think that was because Gena planned on having Paris end up with someone else. Then when Sienna ended up being his h, the descriptions of her became more attractive until I got the impression at the end of Darkest Seduction, she was quite pretty.

message 26: by Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ , Strider's sweetheart (new) - rated it 2 stars

Like I said above, I'm not a fan of the hot guy with average girl plot. If the guys have to be sexy, then the women as well.

message 27: by Lulu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lulu (Lulu2011) | 180 comments I kind of agree with you, Sarah. It just isn't anywhere close to realistic that a super hot immortal guy would end up with an average looking girl. And, yeah, I know this is PNR so expecting realism isn't high on the priority list but somethings have to stay grounded in truth no matter what lol!

message 28: by Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ , Strider's sweetheart (last edited Oct 12, 2012 09:20AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Exactly. I know people often say "But this is not reality." Sure, but the storlines and the characters' decisions still have to be believable.

I don't say it can't happen and I know why it's done (as a fairytale for the reader) but it's done too often. You hardly have average looking guys. They are always gorgeous.

message 29: by Lulu (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lulu (Lulu2011) | 180 comments Exactly. The guys are always gorgeous, or "compelling-looking" in some way with charm and intelligence and charisma.

Darla (bookdragon33) | 212 comments I still say its great that the super hot super fine guy saw past straight looks and fell for the really plan jane chick....hey that does happen sometimes in real life....hell every woman george clooney has been with pales in comparison to him!!! JUST SAYING! LOL!!!

message 31: by Lulu (last edited Oct 13, 2012 12:52PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lulu (Lulu2011) | 180 comments Darla, yes, you have a point lol!

I just got back from Costco. Their print book section has gotten smaller over the years, rightfully so I guess, what with e-readers. I always take a look to see what's there though. Lately, very few romance authors make the cut but Gena's Darkest Seduction was there in paperback, right next to Nora Roberts and Lori Foster. That was pretty much it for romance. They did have 50 Shades a while back.

message 32: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Wimberly (lovehina154) | 27 comments I'm with Darla.

I like the average or not pretty girl gets the guy books.

message 33: by ♥ Melody (last edited Oct 23, 2012 10:02AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Melody  (MelodiousImagination) | 35 comments Just put up a review for this. I forgot how entertaining the Lords are.

I can't stand Viola. She's like the countless obnoxious self-important female characters Gena loves to write in her books. I really don't get the appeal. They sound like adolescent valley girls. It's annoying as hell. I really really hope Gena doesn't pair her up with Torin. That's my biggest fear. Why else introduce her then?

I thought Strider was a jerk. He's supposed to be Paris's best friend but all he seemed to care about was getting rid of Sienna and even tried to manipulate Paris. WTF?

I actually REALLY want Galen and Legoin to be paired up. They surprised me the most in this. Couldn't stand Legoin in Aeron's book. But we are seeing a different side of her now. I'm rooting for her to pull through. I'm curious to know what Gena plans to do with her now.

Anna  (Bananas!) | 274 comments I will off myself if Viola and Torin end up together.
I'm rooting for Legion and Galen too.
Those remarks on Strider are fighting words-watch out for Sarah. :)

Darla (bookdragon33) | 212 comments Anna I am with you, that would really blow for Torin....his HEA has to be amazing and someone that was worth his over 4 thousand year wait...She is NOT it!!! I would be beyond disappointed:-( Besides I still kind of feel that his woman hasn't been shown to us yet in any of the books, but then maybe that is just me.

message 36: by Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ , Strider's sweetheart (new) - rated it 2 stars

Well, we know her name and I don't remember anyone with her name in the books.

Let's hope he has more luck than my Strider.

Darla (bookdragon33) | 212 comments Man he'd have to have really crappy luck to get a worse deal than Strider!! Damned harpies!

Anna  (Bananas!) | 274 comments I have no confidence that Gena can make Viola likeable.

Wait, what is Torin's woman's name??!!

message 39: by Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ , Strider's sweetheart (new) - rated it 2 stars

The name is Keely Kaye (sp?). Gena said that months ago.

Anna  (Bananas!) | 274 comments Thx! I missed that somehow.
I like the name. It sounds odd - maybe not human? I hope.

Darla (bookdragon33) | 212 comments It sounds familiar, but I dont remember it either, and that is a nice name too.

♥ Melody  (MelodiousImagination) | 35 comments Keely Kaye?? Hmmm.... interesting name. Hope she's not a Viola/Anya/Bianka/Kaia clone. *crosses fingers*

Darla (bookdragon33) | 212 comments LMAO Melody!! Those are exactly my concerns!!! Please let her not be like any of those darn women!

message 44: by Sarah ♥ Vutch forever ♥ , Strider's sweetheart (last edited Oct 29, 2012 10:59AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

It's funny how Torin becomes the main topic in every thread. LOL

How do you like the new "Lords"? Do you think we will see them again? I really liked Cameron.

Anna  (Bananas!) | 274 comments The Sexy One takes over! :) It's because he's the last unattached Lord. The suspense is killing us.

Hmm, why do I not remember new Lords? Who are you talking about??

message 46: by Anna (Bananas!) (last edited Oct 29, 2012 12:19PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Anna  (Bananas!) | 274 comments Oh wait, was it Irish and Cameron and a woman that were trapped at the Lords new place? I want to know more about them.

♥ Melody  (MelodiousImagination) | 35 comments I love Torin. That man needs some special loving. <3 ;)

I'm wondering who that woman is that Cronus was planning to give to Torin during the bargain they made. Is that still in play now?

Sarah I'm curious about Cameron. I'm wondering if him and the the 2 other lords kept in that cell will make an appearance later on?

Darla (bookdragon33) | 212 comments LOL Sarah-Torin does pop up no matter which thread you're on!!! But hey until he gets his HEA, the least we women can do is make him feel special!! I forgot all about that "deal" Melody! Our poor lonely honey bunny was so excited about that idea, just to be able to touch a woman without killing or infecting her or anybody else. When you're willing to make a deal with the devil you know you are hard up(pun intended) for some action!

Anna  (Bananas!) | 274 comments I'm having special thoughts about him! (Your hard up pun is to blame.)

message 50: by ♥ Melody (last edited Oct 29, 2012 07:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

♥ Melody  (MelodiousImagination) | 35 comments I miss Torin. I feel like he's faded into the background for quite a while so I was excited to see him play a part in this recent book. I'm hoping and kinda curious as to who Cronus was planning on sending him.

His wit and snarky humor and charm really stood out to me from the very first book. Honey bunny indeed ;)

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread