What's The Name of That Book??? discussion

Highland Wedding (Highland Brides, #2)
This topic is about Highland Wedding
Adult Fiction-SOLVED > medieval romance, she ends up pregnant with triplets [s]

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (last edited Aug 05, 2012 03:53AM) (new) - added it

Donna (frankieroyle) | 19 comments A medieval romance, I cannot remember any names from this book. I read it probably 20 years ago and it was a second-hand book, when I read it.
The main fact I can remember about this book is she accidentally ends up pregnant with triplets (not known til the birth). He had been married previously but his wife died in child birth so even though he has married again he refused to allow her to fall pregnant, because had to listen to his 1st wife scream through the birth, the young girl resolutely keeps quiet through her own delivery, she has 2 boys who appear strong enough, but the daughter she delivers is small and weak and needs constant care.
There is another conflict earlier in the book where she is attacked by a guy who wants to hurt her husband
I hope someone can help me name this book

Edit:
in the beginning of the book, she goes to court with her father searching for a husband and sees a man that interests her, so she speaks to her father and he arranges the betrothal on hearing her intended has agree to the marriage, she feels that she should not hide her secret from him and goes to his chambers one night to reveal it. thus revealing a bit more than she intended, the secret being that she binds her breasts, and they then jump the gun on the wedding

message 2: by Katia (new)

Katia | 6 comments Maybe The Bride Thief by Susan Spencer Paul?

message 3: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna (frankieroyle) | 19 comments I dont think it is it Katia thanks for the suggestion, might read this one anyway

message 4: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna (frankieroyle) | 19 comments bump

message 5: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna (frankieroyle) | 19 comments bump

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 587 comments I think this could be Highland Wedding

message 7: by JennyG (last edited Dec 09, 2012 03:46AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

JennyG | 183 comments I agree. That is definitely Highland Wedding by Hannah Howell.

It was first published under the title of Promised Passion in 1988.

From New York Times bestselling author Hannah Howell comes a spellbinding tale set in the majestic Highlands, where an arranged marriage becomes a true joining of hearts...

The vivid scar that spans Sir Iain MacLagan's cheek is a daily reminder of the wife he lost--and of the enemy that still stalks him. Commanded by Scotland's king to remarry in order to unite two powerful border clans, Iain reluctantly weds Islaen MacRoth, a woman whose delicate appearance belies a playful, seductive nature that proves dangerously attractive to a man who has vowed never to jeopardize his heart, or his loved ones, again...

Raised with eleven boisterous brothers, Islaen has little time for foolish romantic notions. Even so, she hoped for more than a forced marriage to a man who shares her bed, but not her life. Step by step, Islaen sets out to wear down Iain's defences. But can her ruggedly handsome husband learn to give her his love as freely as he bestows his passion?

Great book.

Happy reading!

message 8: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna (frankieroyle) | 19 comments Sounds promising, I will now have to get a copy and comfirm. Thanks Kagama and Jenny :D

Kagama-the Literaturevixen | 587 comments Youre very welcome :)

JennyG | 183 comments You are welcome.

message 11: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna (frankieroyle) | 19 comments And yes I have confirmed that it is the book I was looking for. Again thank you VERY much for clearing my confusion :) ... now to rename and redirect this

message 12: by Anju (new)

Anju Sri | 1 comments and i wasted my time posting a new thread wondering about the same book :) thank you :)

message 13: by Donna (new) - added it

Donna (frankieroyle) | 19 comments your welcome

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Highland Wedding (other topics)