The Life of a Book Addict discussion

New Members Corner > Hi, I'm Melissa from Australia

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miss Melly (new)

Miss Melly | 41 comments Hi all,
I've been watching this group for a few days and have just joined. Love to see what every one is reading!
I'm a huge Historical Fiction fan but also love a great read in any genre.
Feel free to friend me.
Thanks x

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill (Jillybeans) | 4467 comments Hi Miss Melly,

Welcome to Book Addicts. What is your favorite book?

message 3: by Miss Melly (new)

Miss Melly | 41 comments Ohhh, that is such a hard question!!
I loved Lionheart and recently read Four Sisters, All Queens which was brilliant. Also loved The Confessions of Catherine de Medici and The Bronze Horseman.
I don't think I could pick an all-time favourite book - it would be like trying to pick your favourite child!!

message 4: by Bill (new)

Bill | 4498 comments Welcome to the group Miss Melly. I'm sure you'll enjoy the discussions and get ideas for new reads..

message 5: by Judy (new)

Judy | 136 comments Miss Melly wrote: "Ohhh, that is such a hard question!!
I loved Lionheart and recently read Four Sisters, All Queens which was brilliant. Also loved The Confessions of Catherine de Medici and The Bronze Horseman.
I..."

Hi Miss Melly,

I'd love to be your friend. I checked out the book list above & plan to read all of them--one was already on my to-read list. Historical fiction is my favorite read (unless I'm reading a good mystery).

Welcome to the group. I've only been on Goodreads since Jan 2012, but went to Book Addicts right away because that is what I am.

I have a number of personal friends from Australia & have always wanted to visit. Have read a lot about your country, too what part do you live in?
Judy

message 6: by Miss Melly (new)

Miss Melly | 41 comments Judy wrote: "Miss Melly wrote: "Ohhh, that is such a hard question!!
I loved Lionheart and recently read Four Sisters, All Queens which was brilliant. Also loved The Confessions of Catherine de Medici and The..."

Hi Judy,
Thanks for the friend offer - lovely to meet you.
I live in Perth, Western Australia. It's a great little city.

message 7: by Miss Melly (new)

Miss Melly | 41 comments Bill wrote: "Welcome to the group Miss Melly. I'm sure you'll enjoy the discussions and get ideas for new reads.."

thanks Bill. It's great to be with people who love books. I have friends who haven't read anything since high school. They think I'm a nerd!!

message 8: by Bill (new)

Bill | 4498 comments And there is nothing wrong with being a nerd. I've enjoyed reading from a very early age and that has never changed. Joining goodreads has just freshened my enjoyment, allowing me to talk about books with other people who also enjoy reading immensely. :0)

message 9: by Jami (new)

Jami (JamiKap) | 504 comments Miss Melly wrote: "Hi all,
I've been watching this group for a few days and have just joined. Love to see what every one is reading!
I'm a huge Historical Fiction fan but also love a great read in any genre.
Feel fre..."

Hi, I'm new to the group too and was excited to see they were discussing Defending Jacob! I just finished a historical book set in the Civil War Era called The Secrets of Mary Bowser; it was told from her perspective as a freed slave. I really enjoyed the writing.

message 10: by Mary (Marbear), Founder (new)

Mary (Marbear) Blackburn (mbeth45) | 9739 comments Mod
Welcome Miss Melly. Great to have you. We have a great group of people here. Plz let us know if you have any questions about the book club.

marbear

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Lionheart (other topics)
Four Sisters, All Queens (other topics)
The Confessions of Catherine de Medici (other topics)
The Bronze Horseman (other topics)