Goodreads Feedback discussion

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moloch (new)

Moloch I use my "writing" section for non "creative" purposes: I list books I need to remember to purchase, my books available for sale, list of useful websites for librarian's work, of new features I'd like to see, memo notes etc.
In order not to crowd the "Explore/Creative writing" section with something that's not interesting for other members, maybe we could have a little private section for these little notes to self.

message 2: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited Jul 15, 2012 11:23AM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 13702 comments I have Notepad and Word - both text editors - on my computer. I would think all computers come with a basic text editor.

message 3: by Moloch (new)

Moloch Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "I have Notepad and Word - both text editors - on my computer. I would think all computers come with a basic text editor."

Ok, it's handy if I have my notes about Goodreads on my Goodreads profile. However, it's not a feature I'm dying to have, but just a small suggestion: maybe could be easier to set some "writings" as private, or something like that.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 13702 comments Moloch wrote: "but just a small suggestion: maybe could be easier to set some "writings" as private, or something like that. "

Yes. I thought they were private when I first joined. I used it for your purpose - and now have some junk there that should probably be deleted.

message 5: by Robin (new)

Robin (ukamerican) | 585 comments Moloch wrote: "I use my "writing" section for non "creative" purposes: I list books I need to remember to purchase, my books available for sale,"

Why not just create shelves for these?

As for the other stuff, like Jason suggested, I use Google Docs/Drive. But if you really want it integrated into Goodreads, you could always set yourself up a private group and use the "discussions" section for notes, lists of websites, etc.

message 6: by Erika (new)

Erika | 106 comments I would also like a feature like this because I can use word on my computer but when I'm in other places and i have nothing but my phone with me, I can't use it. It might be a good idea to be able to check goodreads and then make some notes about things like books and lists in there as well and that way i could have access to those notes on any device.

message 7: by Moloch (last edited Jul 15, 2012 12:27PM) (new)

Moloch Robin wrote: "Moloch wrote: "I use my "writing" section for non "creative" purposes: I list books I need to remember to purchase, my books available for sale,"

Why not just create shelves for these?

I'm one of those that prefer to shelve only the books they own, no wishlists, no library books etc. And I'm also selling books that are not mine, but my mother's or my brother's (they know that, of course!! :-) ), so I don't want to mix them with mine.
The secret group just for myself has always looked like an extremely awkward workaround to me... also the group bookshelf has too many bugs and it's not flexible like the user's bookshelf (no select multiple, no customization of columns, etc)

unread topics | mark unread