Midnight Sun (Twilight, #1.5) Midnight Sun discussion

I know for a fact stephanie is finishing the midnight sun book si stop all the madness!!!!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 57) (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Makayla (new)

Makayla Smith Ok i know for a fact from so relible sorce can not tell told me not to but she said that midnight sun for a fact is coming out so shut up and in the future get your facts right before saying all this stuff and getting people to sign pettions this all i want to say on the subject so reply and i will answer your questions

Janaye So... you lied to someone when agreed not to say anything...so who's to say your not lying now?

Grace A reliable source...

Grace As Jan says, how do we know that you're not just lying now?

message 5: by Kristina (new)

Kristina seriously, these people are right. the only true "reliable source" would be ms. meyer herself, and i doubt she'd just tell ONE person!

message 6: by Keely (new) - added it

Keely It states on Stephanie's official website, with a note from herself, that she has postponed the completion of Midnight Sun indefinitely. That means it will never be released.
Don't beleive me? Read it for yourself!

http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnigh...

So all this speculation about a ‘reliable source’ and that it will happen is bollocks! The only person you should be getting your information from is Stephanie herself and she’s stated pretty clearly what she’s chosen to do.

message 7: by Kim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kim I cannot wait until she finishes it! It is so beautifully written and gives greater insite into Edward's world.

Janaye Seriously Makayla on your bike. As Keely has pointed out Meyers is still throwing her hissy fit and wont be finishing Midnight Sun (as of now).

message 9: by Tami (new)

Tami Definition:

in·def·i·nite (n-df-nt)
adj.
Not definite, especially:
a. Unclear; vague.
b. Lacking precise limits: an indefinite leave of absence.
c. Uncertain; undecided: indefinite about their plans.

variations:
in·defi·nite·ly adv.
in·defi·nite·ness n.

So just because Meyers said indefinitely, doesn't mean never. Just postponed.

Reliable source or not, she will proabably pick it back up and finish, just due to the huge amount of fan base wanting it.

message 10: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia OK PEOPLZ I REALLY WANT STEPHANIE TO FINISH MIDNIGHT SUN! AND SOME PEOPLE WERE RIGHT... IF U GO ON HER OFFICIAL WEBSITE U CAN READ THAT SHE HASN'T MADE UP HER MIND! SHE ONLY POSPONED IT! SHE WILL PROB. WRITE IT! BUT NOONE CAN B SO SURE!

message 11: by Margaret (last edited Feb 25, 2009 02:21AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Margaret Chind This is on the official website as well... for those of you who are interested.

Direct link: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnigh...

"June 2008 Update: In response to the outrageous number of emails that I have received with questions concerning Midnight Sun, I talked to Stephenie this weekend and she asked me to let everyone know that Midnight Sun is her next project. She has not yet finished writing it (and there is no timeline set up, so we all need to put a lot of effort into being patient for a while longer), but she is definitely still planning on having it published. And, after Breaking Dawn comes out, Stephenie will have much more time to focus on writing Midnight Sun."

Midnight Sun

message 12: by Kristina (new)

Kristina Margaret wrote: "This is on the official website as well... for those of you who are interested.

Direct link: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/midnigh...

"June 2008 Update: In response to the outrageous numb..."

No nonooo..don't you know that the message that you just posted is from BEFORE the big incident? yeah, she WAS planning on it being her next project. but i don't think so anymore...at least not for the moment!!

Margaret Chind Ah... June does come before August does it not? HAH. My bad. I shall be silent now. Thank you Kristina. *grin*

message 14: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia MARGARET WHAT WAS THAT

message 15: by Kristina (new)

Kristina lol yeah, june USUALLy comes before august. but not always. XD

Clare Guess What? I read 147 pages of Midnight Sun b for it was blocked. Not 2 give anything away but Ed wanted 2 like masacre everyone in his classroom

Sharda Not 2 break ur bubble, clare, but everyone can read the first 12 chapters now on her website.
It's not blocked. Steph is jus cool like dat. she loves us.-sniffle, wipes happy tear-.i can't wait for her to finish it. i really think she would. as a writer, i know how heartbreaking it is to stop in the middle of a story and leave readers hanging.

message 18: by Kristina (new)

Kristina i sincerely hope your right sharda!

message 19: by Leslie (last edited Jan 23, 2009 09:58AM) (new)

Leslie Dah...she'll finish it; it's worth far too much not to--even taking out her 10% to the church! She's not stupid, just a little pissed off at the reaction to Breaking Dawn. You know it'll come out sooner or later. If she doesn't, some one will rip her off and write it they way people are writing all of the Jane Austen knock offs!

Janaye ^ wait what Jane Austen knock offs?

message 21: by Larissa (last edited Jan 23, 2009 01:49PM) (new)

Larissa Please Stephenie if you're reading this please tell us where you are at with Midnight Sun. I love "listening" to Edward and I really want to hear the rest of his Twilight story. I'm driving my family crazy!!!

message 22: by Leslie (new)

Leslie All of the "Mr. Darcy's Daughters" books and the story of their marriage etc. etc. etc. Those are just the ones I can think of dealing with Pride and Prejudice....

message 23: by Katie (new)

Katie do you know when Midnight Sun is going to be coming out or be published? Ever since I finished the Twilight Series I haven't found a book that has captured my attention as much as the twilight series has.

Janaye Then with all due respect Katie you need to read more.
Leslie thank you for clearing that up!

message 25: by Katie (new)

Katie I do realize I do need to read more, but before I read Twilight I didn't read hardly at all, but when my teacher told me about Twilight I thought I should give it a shot so I did and no book has given me as much magic as Twilight has. There are many great books that I have read but none as great as Twilight in my perspective.

message 26: by Clare (new) - rated it 1 star

Clare God.
She will publish it. She just needs some time to recouperate.

message 27: by Kamara (new)

Kamara Keely wrote: "It states on Stephanie's official website, with a note from herself, that she has postponed the completion of Midnight Sun indefinitely. That means it will never be released.
Don't beleive me? Rea..."

Um. yea, indefinitely means at an unknown later date lol means she's got writers block, plan and simple.

message 28: by Angie Elle (last edited May 03, 2012 07:31AM) (new)

Angie Elle I have to be honest. When I first read 'Midnight Sun,' I loved it and couldn't wait to read the rest of it.

For me, it's tainted now by this tantrum the author seems to be having. Yes, I understand that you feel violated that someone 'leaked' your story. But because of one persons actions she's going to keep the story from the rest of her fans 'indefinitely?' (Which, by the way, I've only ever seen used as a synonym for 'never.')

I've lost interest at this point.

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*: Q and A on her site back in November 16, 2009

To address the many, many questions about Midnight Sun:

I've found that there really isn't any answer I can give that changes the substance or tenor of the myriads of requests, pleadings, and demands I get for Midnight Sun to be finished, so I feel a little silly answering that question at all. But it's the most popular question, so I'll take another stab at it.

I am not working on Midnight Sun now. I don't have a plan for when I'll get to it; I don't know now what the right time for it will be.

In your questions, there were some erroneous conclusions about the situation which I'll try to set straight. First, Midnight Sun is not finished and locked in a safe, waiting for me to be done angsting over the leak. If it were done, I would be throwing it on the bookstore shelves myself. I'd love to be able to give it to all the people who are anxiously waiting for it. Second, I am not upset about the leak. I haven't been for a long time; I was over it after about three weeks. Third, and most important, I am not trying to punish anyone. Not the persons who leaked it, not the people who read the leak, nobody. As I said, it would make me very happy to be able to give it to anyone who wants it.

So why the hold up? Because it's not finished and lying in a safe. It's not done, and finishing it is not a simple matter of sitting down in front of my computer and typing out the words; the words have to be there in my head to type out, and right now, they're not. I have to be in the zone to write any story, and trying to force myself into that zone is a waste of time, I've found. I'll get back to Midnight Sun when the story is compelling to me again. Just because people want it so badly does not make it more write-able; kind of the opposite, actually. I need to be alone with a story to write, and Midnight Sun feels really crowded, if you know what I mean.

People write for different reasons. I have always written to make myself happy. If I'm enjoying a story, feeling the creativity flow, engrossed in a world, then I write and I write fast. If I'm not into it, I can't write. I've never been someone who writes on demand and I can't imagine working that way. As cool as it would be to say to my favorite author, "You know, I'd really like to read a great book about a narwhal mafia. Write that for me, 'kay?" or even "I'd love a sequel to that last one," that's not how it works. How it works is that my favorite author writes a new book about whatever he/she is interested in. Maybe it takes a year, maybe it takes five. If it's something I want to read, I buy it or I check it out at the library. If not, I find something else to read. The end.

(All of this goes for writing about vampires in general, too. Vampires and I? We're on a break.)

message 30: by Angie Elle (new)

Angie Elle Yeah...I know how she feels. Stephenie and I are on a break, too.

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*: Nice to know she'll be writing again this month though.

Jtolan1 Well, pooh.

message 33: by Heather (new)

Heather Vancleave Stephanie has said recently that she would not go to the grave with any unfinished stories go to her website if you think i am lying

Ryanne Makayla wrote: "Ok i know for a fact from so relible sorce can not tell told me not to but she said that midnight sun for a fact is coming out so shut up and in the future get your facts right before saying all th..."

Not that I think you know all the info on Stephanie Meyer, but if you did....you are the type of reason she didn't finish Midnight Sun in the first place. Someone couldn't keep their secret and outed it after agreeing to keep quiet.

message 35: by Mary (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mary I wish she would pick up with some of the characters she introduced in The Short LIfe of Bree Tanner. It's been a WHILE and I'm over Midnight Sun.

message 36: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Keely wrote: "It states on Stephanie's official website, with a note from herself, that she has postponed the completion of Midnight Sun indefinitely. That means it will never be released.
Don't beleive me? Read..."

That is not necessarily correct. Indefinitely does not mean never. It generally means that there is no defined timeline. It is on hold indefinitely. I have read that for myself on her website. But that only means if she chooses to finish it she doesn't know when it will be.

message 37: by Bailey (last edited Apr 03, 2014 12:07PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bailey I hope so. This better not be a lie

Delly i soo agree with u

Claudette Melanson Yes it has been a very long time. I read some interview very recently that she made a public comment she was so done with and over her Twilight characters. Being a fan I thought that was kind of a slap in the face to all the people who supported her work. I'm working on a trilogy myself and all the characters just have their own stories. I could go in so many directions with them. I always thought that about hers too. Who wouldn't want a novel about Carlisle and Esme? Or the ultimate... Alice and Jasper? She made millions from this and I just don't get why she'd be eager to turn her back on them. I know she got a lot of negative press, yes, but you have to grow a tough skin and look at all the positive (not always easy I know!).

message 40: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Dalesia wrote: "i soo agree with u"

Thank you. :)

message 41: by Abby (new) - rated it 4 stars

Abby Stinson I am so excited this is finally happening!!!!!

message 42: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Abby wrote: "I am so excited this is finally happening!!!!!"

You apparently didn't read this conversation...

MorganReadsBooks sooo is it happening or not?

Nyair I seriously don't know what to think right now. Stephenie posted on her website years ago that the completion of Midnight Sun would be postponed indefinitely. That is a very vague statement and has left me in complete and utter inner turmoil. I really really really hope that Stephenie comes to realize what all she is putting her fans through and decides to finally finish Midnight Sun. But, if she doesn't decide to finish the book and publish it in the future, there really isn't anything anyone can do at all to change her mind and eventually people need to realize that stop bugging Stephenie and each other about it.

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*: Nyair wrote: "Stephenie posted on her website years ago that the completion of Midnight Sun would be postponed indefinitely. That is a very vague statement and has left me in complete and utter inner turmoil."

Honestly Stephenie's not even obligated to give us Midnight Sun, It sounded more like a treat so her vagueness is justified since she's can't be stringing us along like another author who promised and promised about when their book was supposed to come out but came up with constant excuses and finally said to quit asking and that author IS obligated to deliver.

Paula Easton There was an update posted in June 2008 on Stephenie's website that stated,

"In response to the outrageous number of emails that I have received with questions concerning Midnight Sun, I talked to Stephenie this weekend and she asked me to let everyone know that Midnight Sun is her next project. She has not yet finished writing it (and there is no timeline set up, so we all need to put a lot of effort into being patient for a while longer), but she is definitely still planning on having it published. And, after Breaking Dawn comes out, Stephenie will have much more time to focus on writing Midnight Sun."

I am all for giving her time but 6 years is ridiculous!! Either she is going to finish it or she is not but to post that "that Midnight Sun is her next project" and then leave all of us hanging for over 6 years is unacceptable.

You can't even contact her via her website. So, personally I feel that if she cares so little for me as a fan then I care that little for her as a writer.

She knows there are thousands of fans waiting for this book and she can't give an update in 6 years! So unacceptable. Even if she does finish the book I won't buy it. As much as I enjoyed Twilight I will not buy any more Stephenie Meyer books because she doesn't care about us as fans.

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*: Paula wrote: "You can't even contact her via her website. So, personally I feel that if she cares so little for me as a fan then I care that little for her as a writer.

She knows there are thousands of fans waiting for this book and she can't give an update in 6 years! So unacceptable. Even if she does finish the book I won't buy it. As much as I enjoyed Twilight I will not buy any more Stephenie Meyer books because she doesn't care about us as fans. "

She does care but would you want her to write a halfassed story just for the sake of giving it to fans as soon as possible? We deserve better than that and obviously she knows it too. For all we know she's probably writing it as we speak since she been on the down low lately and hasn't updated her site since February. Besides, I already linked to a interview about Midnight Sun above.

message 48: by Iris (new) - rated it 3 stars

Iris I don't think she will do Midnight Sun because she said that she's continuing The Host as a series. And she's contracted for two more books for that one.

.·:*¨ × Shannon♥Loving Tomas Vrbada Like Woe × ¨*: Iris wrote: "I don't think she will do Midnight Sun because she said that she's continuing The Host as a series. And she's contracted for two more books for that one."

The Host sequel has been put on hold.

Kimberly The Host sequel has been put on hold because that was a horrid story. That was off the charts a miserable book to read. UGH an absolute waste of time if you ask me. But LOVED Midnight Sun, hope it is on the to-do list. XOXO

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Midnight Sun (other topics)
Breaking Dawn (other topics)