Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone discussion

What Character would you have Johnny Depp play in Harry Potter

Comments (showing 1-50 of 85) (85 new)    post a comment »

Ryan Davis As many of you may have noticed, Johnny Depp and Bellitrix (not sure of her real name) typically end up in the same movie. Which HP character would he play in the movies if you could put him in the series?

message 2: by Elia (last edited Jul 13, 2012 11:49AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Elia The reason he and Helena Bonham Carter (Bellatrix) end up in a lot of the same movies is because Johnny Depp does a lot of Tim Burton movies and Helena is in a relationship with Tim Burton and is the mother of hsi children.
Johnny Depp would never have had a shot at being cast in Harry Potter because it was agreed upon at the begining that except for the Beauxbatons and Drumdtrag students all the cast would be from the same country as the character int he book - the brits would be british, the Irish would be Irish etc.

That being said, I think he would have made a hilarious Gilderoy Lockheart. Though Kenneth Brannagh was excellent in the role and I think he was perfectly cast.

Bad Wolf Two Words: Igor Karkaroff

Ryan Davis I thought he would make a quirky Uncle Vernon...put him in a fat suit.

Michele Brenton Firenze the centaur.

Bad Wolf Or Lupin. That'd be cool.

Swati Harry's Godfather... Sirius.....

message 8: by Tim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tim No Johnny Depp, please. It would cheapen the movie.

Abdulrahman Sairafi he'd be peeves

message 10: by Emily (last edited Jul 14, 2012 12:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emily Definitely not on Karkaroff. The guy who played him was perfect...and actually slavic...

That said, I wouldn't have him play anyone. He's a great actor, but the Potter cast is prefer. I wouldn't change a single one of them.

Donna Mmmm i don't think he would fit in with the Harry Potter casting! I agree Emily... wouldn't change any of the actors- its perfect the way it is!
!

♥ Alexia -Team Malec ♥ Harry Potter-so he would be in every scene :)

Negarina totally Sirius!!!

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

okay so...
Peeves
Sirius
Lupin
Dobby (lol, not really)
Xenophilius
;)

Daria Weasley Oh, for sure Sirius!!!! Altho i liked Gary Oldman as Sirius, Johnny Depp would have made the role all the better!!! (:

Steph Harry's long lost older brother that is still kinda nerdy but much cooler with an edgy fashion sense. Nobody knows where he came from or where he's been but he comes back with a fab back story of the Potter family that seems to not exist and fights during the war....a fearless swashbuckling style, helps save the day and joins Harry and his new family linking the past to the new Dark Lord free future…that could be a character

Avani Hmm... Karkaroff or, well, Voldemort.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Filch.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

2 words. Sirius.Black. Sirius would be the perfect role for him! I can even imagine him with the hair! That said though I do love the Sirius Black who was cast. I cried so much when he died. But if Johnny Depp would be a character I would have him as Sirius.

ALeXi$ Sirius! Because I love both Sirius and Johnny Depp.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I have to agree with Adam. Peeves! That would be brilliant. He is my favorite character that didn't make it to the movies and I think the films are so well cast I can't imagine replacing anyone, especially not Gary Oldman! Now I have to re-read the entire series imagining a wickedly playful Johnny Depp flying around.

Leti Del Mar
The Inadvertent Thief by Leti Del Mar

Audrey Klosterman Adan wrote: "he'd be peeves"

HA! :)

Audrey Klosterman filch. :P

Charley Sirius.

Bad Wolf Still sticking with karkoraff

Karlee Tim wrote: "No Johnny Depp, please. It would cheapen the movie."

I agree completely!

Marti Sirius Black. Deffenityl.

Ashley-Anne i wouldnt. he doesnt suit the cast.

Nasseem Sample I entirly agree with those that say sirius.

Elliegrace luna's dad (xenophilius)

Bayan Oh He would totally make a perfect Snape

Susan NONE.

Alice Bayan wrote: "He would totally make a perfect Snape"

I second that! Alan Rickman was great though.

Marwa A. Although i love Gary Oldman
I think I'd like to see Johnny Depp as Sirius Black :)

taylor None. Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter are in too much together as it is.

Rhonda Bacon Mad-eye Moody would allow Depp to exercise his excellent talent for comedic darkness. Is there going to be a HP re-do though? No way!!!

Mhari Sirius

Diana ❀ ☺ Mhari wrote: "Sirius"

i agree :)

Debbie Snape, of coourse.

Julian Rosado-Machain Sirius definitely...

Janet Weismore sirius black! :)

message 43: by Jeni (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jeni Mundungus Fletcher

Alice Depp would be an intriguing Snape or Voldemort himself.

Devie sirius black

message 46: by Iae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iae Sirius Black, Gary Oldman did well but I would love to see Depp play my favorite character :>

message 47: by Johnathan (last edited Aug 09, 2012 11:00AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Johnathan Iae wrote: "Sirius Black, Gary Oldman did well but I would love to see Depp play my favorite character :>"

Gary Oldman did well? Gary Oldman was fantastic, he is one of the greatest actors out there. He hasn't won awards, but he doesn't need to because if anyone has seen his movies knows what a great actor he is.

Johnny Depp is a good actor? I don't even think he is mediocre, i haven't liked a single role he has ever done, and he would have ruined Harry Potter had he been in it.

message 48: by Iae (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iae Johnathan wrote: "Iae wrote: "Sirius Black, Gary Oldman did well but I would love to see Depp play my favorite character :>"

Gary Oldman did well? Gary Oldman was fantastic, he is one of the greatest actors out ..."

Point taken.

Kristin Johnny Depp could have played ANYONE.

Johnny Depp = Harry
Johnny Depp = Snape
Johnny Depp = Dumbledore
Johnny Depp = Any of the Weasleys
Johnny Depp = Hermione

Obviously, I am kidding. But Depp doesn't shy away from any character.

Ciara *I love Harry Potter!* Maybe Sirius. But I must say, if it was between him and Gary Oldman for the role, I would pick Gary Oldman.

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (other topics)
The Inadvertent Thief (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Leti Del Mar (other topics)