Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows question

Books made into movies with two-part endings
Kylie Kylie Jul 11, 2012 07:51PM
Why is it that now every popular book series that gets made into a movie, has to end in a two-part?? I understand that the businesses want to make money, but I do believe there are plenty of good books that were turned into movies and it wasn't necessary to add a two-part ending. In my mind, it's just another annoying way of making a book seem even more similar to another book.
Ex: Harry Potter did it, so Twilight mimicked, and Hunger Games follows...

It's all about money and keeping the hype up. Some books need two parts (HP) while others really didn't (Twlight) and I don't think HG has a good reason to split up the last book. If there was a lot more important action maybe but one movie I think would satisfy everything.

Yeah. i kinda wanted the Hunger Games to be over and done with.....

I know! I could understand why Harry Potter and Twilight did it, they're such big books. But Mockingjay is not a very large book. I don't understand how they're going to make it into two movies.

Kylie I think that Mockingjay is then just going to suck because it's going to be filler parts to the movie, or they're going to be putting a lot of extra s ...more
Jul 12, 2012 02:11PM
Haleigh Yeah.. It's ridiculous.
Jul 12, 2012 02:53PM

two movies as a conclusion to a series instantly makes it an epic.

People just want to make money so by spliting it into two parts you have to pay more to see both parts so they do it with most book series that are bigger not in size but popularity

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (other topics)