Fantasy and Vampire Book Club discussion

General Chit Chat > What are you reading?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 120) (120 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Adele (Turtil) | 1646 comments Mod
Simple question....
what are you currently reading?

I am reading Once Burned&Evermore.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments Bitten by Kelley Armstrong ! Best book ever

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie (acheron1981) | 34 comments Reading Blood secrets by jeannie holmes its really good. Second book in the series worth reading .

message 4: by Horace (new)

Horace Ponii (HoraceTPonii) Urban Cthulhu: Nightmare Cities edited by Henrik S. Harksen is fantastic, if you're into Lovecraftian horror.

message 5: by Marie (new)

Marie (acheron1981) | 34 comments Now reading the Goblin king good so far xx

message 6: by Idalis (new)

Idalis I'm reading May Bird:Warrior Princess by Jodi Lynn Anderson. 3rd book of the May Bird series and it is one of the best fantasy books I have ever read.

message 7: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (brunetteavoxgirl) | 5 comments The Time Traveler's Wife

I hope it's good, I made the mistake of watching the movie first. So I don't know how I'll feel.

message 8: by Tamsin (new)

Tamsin (TamsinCumberbatch) I'm reading The Taker (The Taker #1) by Alma Katsu. I'm enjoying it right now but I'll reserve judgment for later.

message 9: by Tamsin (new)

Tamsin (TamsinCumberbatch) Also, I'm new to Good Reads! :)

message 10: by Marie (new)

Marie (acheron1981) | 34 comments Reading forgiven demon trappers 3 by jana oliver

message 11: by Felicia (new)

Felicia (brunetteavoxgirl) | 5 comments Tamsin wrote: "Also, I'm new to Good Reads! :)"
Welcome to goodreads! :)

message 12: by Tamsin (new)

Tamsin (TamsinCumberbatch) Thanks!

message 13: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Welcome to Goodreads and the group Tasmin....pop into our introduction topic and say hi there too.

i just finished evermore....
Here is my review
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

i maybe should have mentioned you can post your goodreads review here.

message 14: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Tempted By Books (michelletemptedbybooks) I am determined to get up to date on Kitty Norville and Elder Races today. So I just started Kitty's Big Trouble (Kitty Norville, #9) by Carrie Vaughn, only have a couple of pages left on Natural Evil (Elder Races, #4.5) by Thea Harrison and about 100 pages left of Oracle's Moon (Elder Races, #4) by Thea Harrison.

message 15: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 1 comments Reading Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' series. That man is a true legend :D

message 16: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Boulanger (Slicksrants) | 12 comments I just picked up the first Volume of The Vampire Diaries (L.J.Smith) and Paranormalcy by K.White. I thoroughly enjoyed Smith's The Secret Circle Series and hope that I will also enjoy this one as I love vampire stories. I also picked up Bram Stokers Dracula (Young People's Graphic Novel) I am looking forward to letting everyone know how they are.

message 17: by Lena (new)

Lena | 26 comments I just started The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. On The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1) by Stephen King right now.

message 18: by Mary (new)

Mary Marchese | 2 comments I'm reading Through The Door......I'm a newby too!

message 19: by Sammy! (new)

Sammy! | 10 comments Brenda wrote: "I just picked up the first Volume of The Vampire Diaries (L.J.Smith) and Paranormalcy by K.White. I thoroughly enjoyed Smith's The Secret Circle Series and hope that I will also enjoy this one as I..."

I'm reading Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater but im in the middle of Vampire Diaries an i love it!

message 20: by Rakell (new)

Rakell | 6 comments Sammy! wrote: "Brenda wrote: "I just picked up the first Volume of The Vampire Diaries (L.J.Smith) and Paranormalcy by K.White. I thoroughly enjoyed Smith's The Secret Circle Series and hope that I will also enjo..."

I've already read The Vampire diaries -The Hunters-Moonsong. It's the 9th book of the serie. I'm anxious for reading "Destny rising " that will be released on October 23rd 2012 . I think you will enjoy it a lot .I love this series.

message 21: by Eshanie (new)

Eshanie | 1 comments I was kind of iffy about starting the Vampire Diaries series; is it as great as people say it is? Those of u out there who have read it before, if u could rate the series from 1-10, what would you give it?
Thanks.

message 22: by Connie (new)

Connie Reeves | 1 comments I am reading the dark series by Christine feehan. I am currently on dark demon book #16. and I am also reading the mercy Thompson series waiting on the next book to come out. on top of 2 other series about to be three.

message 23: by Sammy! (new)

Sammy! | 10 comments Eshanie wrote: "I was kind of iffy about starting the Vampire Diaries series; is it as great as people say it is? Those of u out there who have read it before, if u could rate the series from 1-10, what would you ..."

I would give it like a 6 or 7, i feel like its good but i gets really boring in parts, and just for the record: its nothing like the tv series.

message 24: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Boulanger (Slicksrants) | 12 comments Lena wrote: "I just started The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. On The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1) by Stephen King right now."
How is it so far?

message 25: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 2 comments I am reading "The Immortals" series and I'm on volume one at the moment. The first novel seems pretty good. I can't put the book down.

message 26: by Landi (new)

Landi (landi166) ...nothing with Fantasy and Vampires unfortunately :/

message 27: by Rakell (last edited Jul 17, 2012 04:21PM) (new)

Rakell | 6 comments I've just finished The Prisoner of Heaven by Carlos Ruiz Zafón and now I'm reading Marina by Carlos Ruiz Zafón both by Carlos Ruiz Zafón

message 28: by Jenelle (new)

Jenelle | 33 comments I'm reading The Enchantress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, #6) by Michael Scott and Ember Flame by Kaycee Browning

message 29: by Amy (new)

Amy I am finishing 50 shades of grey then back to the sookie stackhouse novels (true blood)

message 30: by Katie (new)

Katie just finished the new artemis fowl book and im also reading the enchantress

message 31: by Katie (new)

Katie Rakell wrote: "Sammy! wrote: "Brenda wrote: "I just picked up the first Volume of The Vampire Diaries (L.J.Smith) and Paranormalcy by K.White. I thoroughly enjoyed Smith's The Secret Circle Series and hope that I..."

I really liked her nightworld books and the forbidden game, but i havnt gotten into the secret circle or the vamp diaries, there on my ipad though so im sure i'll read them eventually.

message 32: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 1 comments I'm in love with the black dagger brotherhood books by J. R. Ward and can't get enough of them. Then it's on to Sookie Stackhouse. Never realized how much time I have to read until recently.

message 33: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Boulanger (Slicksrants) | 12 comments Katie wrote: "Rakell wrote: "Sammy! wrote: "Brenda wrote: "I just picked up the first Volume of The Vampire Diaries (L.J.Smith) and Paranormalcy by K.White. I thoroughly enjoyed Smith's The Secret Circle Series ..."

I will have to look into the novels nightworld books and the forbidden game. Thanks for the info

message 34: by Jill (new)

Jill | 7 comments I'm reading Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood) As for Vampire Diaries I would rate them about 7-8 and I think a couple of them are dragged out and slow in parts but overall I really like the series and the show is nothing like the books, in some ways I think its much better.

message 35: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (WENDY3636) | 16 comments well right know i am currently reading City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare.

message 36: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Schnegg | 4 comments Lena wrote: "I just started The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. On The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower, #1) by Stephen King right now."

How are you like the Dark Tower series? I have heard/read such amazing things about it, but I've had trouble getting even half way through the 1st book... I'm not sure if it's just a slow build, or if it's me and I should just give it up.

message 37: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Schnegg | 4 comments I saw Skinwalker by Faith Hunter on the BOM poll & it doesn't look like it's going to be the winner for Auguest, so I thought I'd try it anyway since it's been in my TBR pile for awhile.

message 38: by Penny (new)

Penny | 3 comments Im in the 7th house of night book

message 39: by Penny (new)

Penny | 3 comments Wendy wrote: "well right know i am currently reading City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare."

I really loved this series and cant wait for the next one to come out. Plus the suspense of the movie being made is also gonna kill me lol.

message 40: by Adele, Moderator (new)

Its going to be a movie? I think i have been under a rock not to hear this news!

message 41: by Faith (new)

Faith | 4 comments Jill wrote: "I'm reading Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood) As for Vampire Diaries I would rate them about 7-8 and I think a couple of them are dragged out and slow in parts but overall I really like the s..."
The show IMHO is SO much better than the books.

message 42: by Faith (new)

Faith | 4 comments I just finished "A Sliver of Shadow" by Allison Pang. Really good can't wait for the next book to be released in Oct. I'm getting ready to start "Deadlocked" by Charlaine Harris

message 43: by Idalis (new)

Idalis Wendy wrote: "well right know i am currently reading City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare."

I am barely on the City of Bones and can't wait to read the others

message 44: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Boulanger (Slicksrants) | 12 comments Currently reading Nightworld vol 1 with the three first books in it I also have vol 2 ontop of vampire diaries the struggle love her!!!

message 45: by James (new)

James Loftus | 22 comments I am recommending Time of the Unicorn by the great [author:Barbara Jefferis. The grim reality of being accused of witchcraft in the middle ages is told in exacting and depressing detail, yet this book is fascinating and a writers book if you write you admire her and wish you had her gifts.

message 46: by Adele, Moderator (new)

I just finished the book 11 of the love at stake series by kerrelyn sparks.
Such a good series! I'm also reading the argeneau series by lyndsay sands.
Awesome series and similar to the love at stake series.

message 47: by Adele, Moderator (last edited Oct 31, 2012 09:12PM) (new)

Oh next up is the Dresden files series...I have been convinced to read them! Wish me luck!

message 48: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hartmann | 2 comments Stolen by Kelley Armstrong

message 49: by Adele, Moderator (new)

I haven't read that yet, what is it like?

message 50: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hartmann | 2 comments It's book 2 in a series about Elena a female werewolf. I'm not that far into it but I highly recommend book 1. It's all about how Elena became a werewolf and her struggle with that. It has humor, love, suspense. I really liked it!

« previous 1 3

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Once Burned (other topics)
Evermore (other topics)
Urban Cthulhu: Nightmare Cities (other topics)
The Time Traveler's Wife (other topics)
The Taker (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Henrik S. Harksen (other topics)
Carlos Ruiz Zafón (other topics)
Kim Harrison (other topics)
Nalini Singh (other topics)
Tina Carreiro (other topics)