The 50 Book Pledge discussion

July #50BookPledge Reads

Comments (showing 1-9 of 9) (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jennifer D (DawsonOakes) July. Already! Is it just me or is this year flying by?? I hope everyone had a great Canada Day long weekend!

What are you reading this month? How is your #50BookPledge going so far??

Right now, I am reading Infinite Jest, book #33. I suspect this one will take me most of the month!! Haha! I have been reading one footnote for two nights now. I am quite loving the book so far and the humour is really cracking me up!!

Kerry I joined Goodreads in May, so I think that this may be an achievable goal(fingers crossed). I am about to start reading Talulla Rising and am re-reading The Last Werewolf to refresh my memory. Do re-reads count, and if they do, how can I record them in the challenge?

Kerry I am one of those few people that don't have a Twitter or Facebook account (I belong to Faceless - The Antisocial Network). Can I still join?

Kerry Sorry! I should have read your blurb first. I'll unjoin. Good Luck!

Jennifer D (DawsonOakes) i think that you can join the pledge directly on harper collins canada's 50 book pledge web site, without going through twitter or facebook. somehow.

i don't think there is a rule concerning re-reads. i tried to find more recent post, but navigating the 50 book pledge pages is a bit clunky.

there's not really an "official" place to record your reads...just share your titles as you go along. since you don't use fb or twitter, your sharing would be here or on the web site.

you could create, within your good reads account, "writing" - where you list/track your reads for the 50 book pledge. i have come across lots of people using their writing folders for challenge tracking.

i hope this helps??

if not, you can check-in with harper collins canada directly. they are great!!

Harpercollins Canada (HarperCollins_Canada) | 8 comments Mod
Kerry wrote: "I am one of those few people that don't have a Twitter or Facebook account (I belong to Faceless - The Antisocial Network). Can I still join?"

Of course Kerry! We're happy to have you on board. Just keep us posted on how you are doing on Goodreads. Welcome to the team!

Kerry wrote: "I joined Goodreads in May, so I think that this may be an achievable goal(fingers crossed). I am about to start reading Talulla Rising and am re-reading The Last Werewolf to refresh my memory. Do r..."

Rereads definitely count!

Jennifer wrote: "i think that you can join the pledge directly on harper collins canada's 50 book pledge web site, without going through twitter or facebook. somehow.

i don't think there is a rule concerning re-re..."

Thanks Jennifer :)

Christa  Seeley (ChristaJLS) | 4 comments Wow Jennifer you are ambitious! Infinite Jest is one of those books that always stares at my in bookstores and taunts me with it's reputation and length!

I just finished reading Earth Girl, which was a very unique sci-fi read. Next I really want to read Beautiful Ruins because I keep seeing it everywhere!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Infinite Jest (other topics)