Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1) Beautiful Disaster discussion


11395 views
BOOKS LIKE THIS!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 2,409) (2409 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Johnathan (last edited Jul 02, 2012 08:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Johnathan Ok in the past week, I have read Thoughtless, Effortless, and Beautiful Disaster. For some reason these appeal to me so can anyone recommend books like these, with the characters being college aged. But not YA please, i find Ya less authentic.


Kaci Buckley I really enjoyed Easy also!


Johnathan Kaci wrote: "I really enjoyed Easy also!"

Ok i might try it, does it have cheating, that's not a good subject for me.


Toni No cheating :)


Kimberly Slammed(1) and Point of No Retreat(2)

Loved it!


Johnathan Kimberly wrote: "Slammed(1) and Point of No Retreat(2)

Loved it!"


I have read slammed. Thanks for the suggestions though.


Candice Terry pulled and take this regret by A.L. Jackson and Fragile by M.Leighton are all really good ...'thats all i've been wanting to read since i read Beautiful Disaster ..it was sooo awesome !


Candice Terry The Breathing series by rebecca donovan is also really good


Kimberly I read Beautiful Disaster and loved it!!! Had to read it over and over, after starting several other books because I was so in love with Abby and Travis. That being said then I picked up Flat Out Love (Jessica Park) was a great book to divert my attention, and I did like the characters in Across the Hall (N M Facile).


Carolyn  Cabrera Kimberly wrote: "I read Beautiful Disaster and loved it!!! Had to read it over and over, after starting several other books because I was so in love with Abby and Travis. That being said then I picked up Flat Out L..."
I got so addicted to it every week all read it 2 times a week


Janae Kimberly wrote: "I read Beautiful Disaster and loved it!!! Had to read it over and over, after starting several other books because I was so in love with Abby and Travis. That being said then I picked up Flat Out L..."

Me too, plus I liked Across the Hall too!


Kimberly Johnathan wrote: "Ok in the past week, I have read Thoughtless, Effortless, and Beautiful Disaster. For some reason these appeal to me so can anyone recommend books like these, with the characters being college aged..."

Read Flat Out Love buy Jessica Park, it is College age and it's so laugh out loud funny, sad and then heartwarming... Loved it! Also another College age book is Across the Hall you will enjoy these... Promise or you can kick my butt!


message 13: by M. (last edited Jul 03, 2012 09:35AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

M. Easy by Tammara Webber was one of my favorites reads of this year together with the Slammed series.
I also enjoyed Tammara's Between the Lines series.
I'll check out the other suggestions, they sound good.
Oh, I forgot to mention Summer in the City by Elizabeth Chandler. I really liked that one too.


Johnathan I thought Easy was Ok, I prefer Beautiful Disaster though. I don't know if i can read Across the Hall, but i might try Flat Out Love.


Ellie Kaci wrote: "I really enjoyed Easy also!"

I loved Easy, if you loved thoughtless, you should love this book.


Ellie Also loved Significance series, by Shelly Crane....


message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

You should read Jamie Mcguire's other books, it's a trilogy called "The Providence" I enjoyed it a lot more then "Beautiful Diaster".


Johnathan Ellie wrote: "Kaci wrote: "I really enjoyed Easy also!"

I loved Easy, if you loved thoughtless, you should love this book."


I don't know how i feel about Thoughtless, cheating is a serious issue to me. Other than that i liked it. Easy was alright it just felt like something was missing from the story.


Laura I have read the 50 trilogy, bared to you, beautiful disaster, the slammed series, thoughtless and effortless, easy, flat out love--and loved them all. Just finished How to kill a rock star and was not impressed. Any suggestions??


message 20: by M. (new) - rated it 5 stars

M. Johnathan wrote: "Ellie wrote: "Kaci wrote: "I really enjoyed Easy also!"

I loved Easy, if you loved thoughtless, you should love this book."

I don't know how i feel about Thoughtless, cheating is a serious issue ..."


I simply hated Thoughtless even though everyone who enjoyed Beautiful Disaster enjoyed Thoughtless too. Isn't it weird?
I dislike cheating in books very much and it seems the issue is present in more books than not. However, it could be that the main character rubbed me the wrong way, cheating issues notwithstanding.
I recently read the Vincent Boys and it had a similar situation but I enjoyed the story despite the cheating.


Carleigh Ryan Laura wrote: "I have read the 50 trilogy, bared to you, beautiful disaster, the slammed series, thoughtless and effortless, easy, flat out love--and loved them all. Just finished How to kill a rock star and was ..."
You'd probaby really like Love Unscripted, Grounding Quinn, My Heart for Yours, Rock and a Hard Place and Untouchable (Lindsay Delagair). Sorry, I get carred away with my lists!... but anyway, those are a few of my favorites that I've read lately. :)


Laura thank you! I read love unscripted!! Just started Gabriel's inferno..but I am adding all your suggestions! Thanks you!!!


Sarah Johnathan wrote: "I thought Easy was Ok, I prefer Beautiful Disaster though. I don't know if i can read Across the Hall, but i might try Flat Out Love."


I really enjoyed Flat Out Love. I thought it had a refreshing twist as far as who she fell in love with. I love love love Beautiful Disaster too! Read it for the first time just last week. Will definitely be reading again.


Johnathan Yeah i really did enjoy Flat Out Love. Right now i am reading The providence series by Jamie McGuire. Its pretty good i am on Requiem right now.


Sarah Mendy wrote: "Laura wrote: "I have read the 50 trilogy, bared to you, beautiful disaster, the slammed series, thoughtless and effortless, easy, flat out love--and loved them all. Just finished How to kill a rock..."


I saw your post mentioning Love Unscripted so when I searched for it for my Kindle I thought it sounded interesting. I'm about half way through it now and I gotta say that I really like it! When I checked out the reviews it seemed like some slammed it but others loved it. I think I fall in the latter category. Thanks for putting the suggestion out there though!


Ellie Sarah wrote: "Mendy wrote: "Laura wrote: "I have read the 50 trilogy, bared to you, beautiful disaster, the slammed series, thoughtless and effortless, easy, flat out love--and loved them all. Just finished How ..."

when you finish the book, go to the author's website for the follow up to love unscripted, she has the first 4 chapters to read for free. It is awesome. the next book is called love unrehearsed....


message 27: by Zury (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zury Candice wrote: "The Breathing series by rebecca donovan is also really good"

This series was beautiful! Totally amazing!!!


Maggie Lane Kimberly wrote: "Slammed(1) and Point of No Retreat(2)

Loved it!"


AWESOME BOOKS!!!!


message 29: by Lauren (last edited Aug 16, 2012 09:43PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lauren Readsalot Thoughtless, Effortless, Across the Hall, Easy, Love Unscripted, The Boy Who Sneaks in My Bedroom Window, Playing for Keeps(Neighbor From Hell series), How to Kill a Rock Star........
That's all I can think of right now...
These were all really good books. Enjoy!


Laura If you likes fifty shades of grey-you will like bared to you...


Johnathan Zury wrote: "Candice wrote: "The Breathing series by rebecca donovan is also really good"

This series was beautiful! Totally amazing!!!"


I have to disagree i was shaking mad at the end of Reason to Breathe. And i find myself constantly irritated during this second book.


message 32: by Zury (last edited Jul 10, 2012 06:47AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zury Johnathan wrote: I have to disagree i was shaking mad at the end of Reason ..."

Why? Because of the way it ended? I have to say that I was not 100% on board with the new guy (Jonathan?) and her lack of trust with her boyfriend, but that is part of what makes the book/series great. Is the "unpredictability" of it that made it great to me.
But then again, not all books are for everyone. See how many people go crazy about twilight, when I personally think is a silly series...and don’t get me started on Thoughtless/Effortless…ugh…


Samantha I loved Beautiful Disaster and i loved it, I also Read Thoughtless and Effortless, Bared to you, Slammed and Point of retreat, And ANd 3 book of Tammara webber " between the Lines" and i rad Love Unscripted.I loved them all, but i dont know what to read next, I have Reason to breathe on my list and Knight but i really love reading beautfil disater


message 34: by Zury (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zury Lauren wrote: "I'm curious- why does everyone like Bared to You by Sylvia Day? I haven't read it. Should I?"
Bared to you is about a girl who suffered Sexual abuse as a child/almost teen, then she meets this rich/sexy/alpha guy who wants her. They start a relationship, only to discover that they both carry lots of secrets and scars. The book is about their relationship and how their pass interferes with their present and future.

Is a deep, dark book, very similar to fifty Shades, but different since both main characters have baggage in their closets.


Johnathan Zury wrote: "Johnathan wrote: I have to disagree i was shaking mad at the end of Reason ..."

Why? Because of the way it ended? I have to say that I was not 100% on board with the new guy (Jonathan?) and her la..."


What new guy? What happens to Ethan? I'm only 15 percent into the second book. And i just so irritated with the main characters choices.


message 36: by Zury (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zury Johnathan wrote: " What new guy? What happens to Ethan? I'm only 15 percent into the second book. And i just so irritated with the main characters choices.
"

Her Mom's Boyfriend, can't remember his name now...and nothing happens to her boyfriend, he is still her boyfriend (but I can't remember his name either)-LOL

The book gets more complicated as it progresses...You'll just have to read it.
Keep in mind that this is not an adult, this is a teen, so she will make decisions that an adult may not make (but then again, some adults act worse than teens sometimes...) ;-)


Johnathan No i don't think i can finish this book. It will just make my mood bad and i am trying to enjoy my vacation.


Johnathan Zury wrote: "Johnathan wrote: " What new guy? What happens to Ethan? I'm only 15 percent into the second book. And i just so irritated with the main characters choices.
"
Her Mom's Boyfriend, can't remember hi..."



i know she is just a teen but still its disappointing when someone makes decisions that almost get them killed and constantly hurt.


message 39: by Zury (last edited Jul 10, 2012 07:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Zury Hey, if you are not enjoying it, then stop reading it, I have had books that do that to me and is very frustrating!
If you are on vacation and need a pick me up book that will make you laugh, but has some nice background to it, try "The Neighbors from Hell Series" by R.L. Mathewson (Playing for Keeps and Perfection). They are contemporary romance, but very funny and touching.


Johnathan Zury wrote: "Hey, if you are not enjoying it, then stop reading it, I have had books that do that to me and is very frustrating!
If you are on vacation and need a pick me up book that will make you laugh, but h..."



I don't know if i am going to read right now, because my mind won't register another book until i finish this one.


Karen Try The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher by Tarryn Fisher. It was incredible. I also have lots of books on my profile that you might like. I have read Thoughtless, Beautiful Disaster, and many others like them. I don't know if you've read any Rebecca Donovan books, but the Breathing Series is amazing!!!


Johnathan Karen wrote: "Try The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher by Tarryn Fisher. It was incredible. I also have lots of books on my profile that you might like. I have read Thoughtless, Beautiful Disaster, and many others lik..."

The breathing series is my downfall right now. I am stuck i can't read anything else until i finish the second book of the series but i don't want to read it right now because i know its going to make me angry. I am about 15 percent into it and i just had to put it down so i wouldn't be in a terrible mood.


Karen I know but you MUST finish!!! If you feel that way now, the Opportunist just might make you smash your kindle with a sledge hammer!!!!

Oh, and I almost forgot, you MUST MUST MUST read 'Slammed' and 'Point of Retreat' by Colleen Hoover. Fantastic reads!!!!!!!
Now be a good boy and go back to reading.


message 44: by Johnathan (last edited Jul 10, 2012 12:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Johnathan Karen wrote: "I know but you MUST finish!!! If you feel that way now, the Opportunist just might make you smash your kindle with a sledge hammer!!!!

Oh, and I almost forgot, you MUST MUST MUST read 'Slammed..."


I have read slammed, and it was alright. my mind works weird i can't start another book til i finish one.


Wow your last line sounds like i'm in grade school again.


Elizabethamiel OMG, I went through the same thing. Karen is right, The Opportunist is a great option if you like the angsty elements of BD, but also want something for adults that is not YA. The Opportunist by Tarryn Fisher. But, there is the hint of cheating-even if we don't know for sure what happened.


Johnathan Elizabethamiel wrote: "OMG, I went through the same thing. Karen is right, The Opportunist is a great option if you like the angsty elements of BD, but also want something for adults that is not YA. [bookcover:The Opport..."

Cheating is my downfall, i almost didn't finish Thoughtless because of it.


message 47: by Karen (last edited Jul 10, 2012 01:01PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen My heart broke reading "Thoughtless"!! That's the mark of a great writer though. The great writers provoke strong emotions in the reader, whether good or bad, they captivate us. It's like the adrenalin rush you get from doing something dangerous or getting caught when you've broken the rules. It may hurt.....but it's addicting!!!!!!!

Let me add, better to read about fictional characters doing it than acting out in real life. (although the CG/Ana thing we've got going sounds intriguing!)


KarenH Samantha wrote: "I loved Beautiful Disaster and i loved it, I also Read Thoughtless and Effortless, Bared to you, Slammed and Point of retreat, And ANd 3 book of Tammara webber " between the Lines" and i rad Love ..."

Samantha, we have the exact same taste. I think you would really like Take This Regret and Finding Home


Johnathan Karen wrote: "My heart broke reading "Thoughtless"!! That's the mark of a great writer though. The great writers provoke strong emotions in the reader, whether good or bad, they captivate us. It's like the ad..."

Right well so far Ms. Donovan of the Breathing Series has them all beat. When an Author has me cussing they are doing their job.


Karen Excellent!!!! Her final book in the series is going to be titled "Out of Breath". Can't wait for that one.... sounds heartbreaking!!!!


« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 48 49
back to top

all discussions on this book | post a new topic


Books mentioned in this topic

Beautiful Disaster (other topics)
The Opportunist (other topics)
Take This Regret (other topics)
Finding Home (other topics)
Fallen from Grace (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sienna Mynx (other topics)
Barbara Speak (other topics)
Lucy Edwards (other topics)