Fantasy Book Club Series discussion

Dragon Haven (Rain Wild Chronicles, #2)
This topic is about Dragon Haven
Realms of the Elderlings Series > Dragon Haven - Finished reading? SPOILERS AHEAD

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sandra  (Sleo) | 1047 comments Discuss the book here. Let us know when you finish.

Serenity | 11 comments I just finished this. It was fantastic! Definitely much more enjoyable than the first book - I wish the two halves had never been separated, because the first book definitely wasn't meant to stand on its own! The plot and character evolution is great. I loved or appreciated just about every character by the end - even Sintara, and I even forgave Sedric.

The adventures they meet on their journey were exciting, but I think what made this book great was the relationships forged by the end. Sintara and Thymara (love-hate relationship if I ever saw one lol), Alise and Leftrin (yay finally), Sedric and Carson (so adorable together! Take that Hest!), Sedric and Relpda, and so on. I can't wait to read the last two books, but I think I am still going to wait until next Spring, so I can read the two books back-to-back.

Helen | 431 comments You've said everything I thought. I really enjoyed it and I also wish that they had been one volume. I was really rooting for Sedric to save Relpda from Jess.

Katie | 19 comments It's been a while since I've had some time to sit down and contribute to the discussion, but I figure better late than never.

I've really enjoyed the Rain Wilds Chronicles. While I agree with others who expressed that Dragon Keeper and Dragon Haven would have been more enjoyable as a single volume, I am glad that it was done in two books rather than trimmed to fit into one.

I agree with Serenity about character development. It felt like in Dragon Keeper keepers and crew were all putting on their best face, but by the end of Dragon Haven everyone has been together long enough that they're showing their true colors.

Having the dragon memories brings a new understanding to those things discovered that were left by the elderlings. Can't wait to see more of the elderling magic and inventions!

Helen | 431 comments I find that I like Keepers more since reading Haven.

Helen | 431 comments Read the last two recently, enjoyed it although not as much as some of the other series'. Should definitely be a two book series though.

unread topics | mark unread