Dead Ever After (Sookie Stackhouse, #13) Dead Ever After discussion

Who do you want Sookie to end up with?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 98) (98 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by Alondra (last edited Jul 08, 2012 05:50PM) (new)

Alondra Alright, so I'm assuming everyone'sgot different opinions on who they want little miss Sookie to end up with, and here are the possible choices. I would also like to add that Charlaine Harris stated that there would be no new major character additions.
Eric-in the latest book, we left off with Sookie presuming that Eric was off with Freyda, though this wasn't confirmed.
Bill-Sookie's first love, though she claims not to love him anymore, she still clearly has a soft spot for him, and he is still deeply in love with her.
Quinn-This is a less likely choice, but still possible as it was inferred that Tijgerin was leaving Quinn once they're cub was born.
Sam-Sookie and Sam have always had a little something-something between them, also he is no longer with JannaLynn(thank heavens!) And..she saved his life using the cluviel dor which could only be used on someone you love, though I suppose that could work with a friend you loved.
Alcide-Though it would be a tough relationship due to Sookie murdering Debbie, it's still possible. It was left off with him still being single, though he could still have a relationship with Kandace.
So, whose team are you?

message 2: by PanPan (new)

PanPan Eric plsssss

message 3: by Jaime (new)

Jaime Eric without a doubt! After all they have been through and the love they have, it would be a disappointment any other way.

message 4: by Luly (new) - added it

Luly I have always seen Sookie as a vampire-girl, to be with Bill or Erik. But now I really think Sam is the best for her.

Line I'm pretty sure i'll be unpopular by saying this, but i think Harris should leave Sookie Single at the end of the last book, maybe whit a few romantic topics still open to her...
Think it would make no sence for Sookie, to goo back to an ex...
But i have a feeling, that she will end up dead, perhaps by the fingers of Freyda...

message 6: by Stacey (new)

Stacey O'driscoll eric pleases :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 7: by Samantha (new) - added it

Samantha Agricola Here's my problem. I would bet money... that the book ends.. with her finding out she's pregnant... so that being said... Either somehow Bill becomes human again... or Eric... I mean he's the perfect vampire... I can't believe it's not possible in the Harris world. Or of course Sam. I want her to end up with Eric or Bill because I just love them both. But Sam has quietly in the shadows loved Sookie all along... I honestly just think he's the only likely one that is physically possible to have her end the book the way I absolutely just KNOW it's going to end. She has been foreshadowing it for like 3 books. Sookie wants to be a mom, that's her happy ending... how it happens... that's I believe the mystery we should all be pondering... lol

message 8: by Alyssa (new) - added it

Alyssa Hendren I have gone back and forth on who i wanted. I was so sure it was Bill and then i completely switched to Eric. I think there's a lot of issues that they're gonna have to work through but i really think i want her with Eric...Sam was really great and always there for here but i just dont think that would be a good ending for the series. So my vote is definitely Eric unless something drastically changes in this last book...

message 9: by Rachael (new)

Rachael eric eric eric. it would be so sad to go all this way and then have sookie just run off and have a normal life, a picket fence, two kids and age on her porch with her husband.
ending up with eric does not mean she has to be a vampire, i am sure CH could dream up a way around that one too.

Melissa Tamayo SAM. I read an interview where Charlaine Harris said she'd never turn Sookie into a vamp & or that vamps can't impregnate a human. & she's known since the beginning of her series how this was going to end. I do love Sookie & Bill. Wasn't too crazy about Quinn. Eric & Sookie are cute together as well, but Sookie deserves true happiness. And she knows no vampire can give her that. Children, a "normal" life, etc. Ahhh. I can't wait :)

message 11: by Alondra (new)

Alondra Melissa wrote: "SAM. I read an interview where Charlaine Harris said she'd never turn Sookie into a vamp & or that vamps can't impregnate a human. & she's known since the beginning of her series how this was going..." Hooray! I thought I was the only Sam fan!!

message 12: by Jeni (new)

Jeni Totally want Eric. As for being a mom, well, there are many options. One night stand, adoption, IVF...the list goes on, but I want Eric. Um..I want Sookie with Eric, that is. :D

Ursula I'm really hoping that Sookie and Sam ends up together. Keeping my fingers crossed.

message 14: by Kodi (new)

Kodi Kepp Eric please!

message 15: by Glada (new) - rated it 1 star

Glada Unless Sookie decides to become a vampire, just do not see how her and Eric will work out. As a human, I think the best person for her to end up with is Sam. They can run the bar together, have kids and grow old together. His shifter mind is harder for her to read and that would make things easier. A normal human male isn't going to work.

Fatin After what CH did to Eric's character, I don't want her to touch him anymore. CH, that is. Not Sookie. I don't think Sookie is good for Eric. I just wish I could somehow get a book about Eric and I wouldn't care about Sookie at all then.
Sam? Um, I've always always always seen Sam as her friend. Nothing more. He's the bestfriend. Why not let girls believe that opposite sex can be just friendship.
Bill? Too needy, man. He's just...annoying. I've begun to like him again, but he's never been anything special to me.
I think I support the Sookie single thing as well.
Hey, maybe she'll end up pregnant, and single!

message 17: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen I've got to go with Sam. I've thought they would end up together all along. I really love Quinn too.

Naomi Young Sam! Yes, he's a best friend. That's a great start for a hot marriage, folks. Also, this die is cast in Book 12. Eric is choosing power; Sookie's own instincts draw her to Sam. Done.

message 19: by Julia (new) - added it

Julia Am I the only one who thinks that Eric is an awful match for her? I don't even understand why Sookie likes him, let alone any of the readers. Their relationship has annoyed me since it started.

I'm in the "She needs to be with a shifter (or were) not a vampire" camp. She wants to have children, which she can't have with a vampire. It's as simple as that. Shifters and weres are hard for her to read, so it's the only thing that makes sense.
Among the possibilities Sam seems to be the most likely at this point. Which I'd be happy with because he's been consistently a good guy.

Naomi Young Julia wrote: "Am I the only one who thinks that Eric is an awful match for her?

I like Eric as Sookie's hit man and sex toy, but to settle down with? Wrong, wrong, all wrong.

⋆єммα⋆ I like eric and sookie, personally

message 22: by Teresa (new)

Teresa B. I think she needs to clean house.. I'm thinking get pregnent by a fairy.. Fairy dies and bill or eric comes in and helps with the baby

Azb7145 Anyone but Eric.

I hate who Sookie has become during her time with Eric. She even believes that Eric is so much better than she deserves, that she is lucky to have someone of his stature interested in her. That is so pathetic. She has no self respect.

And Eric will dump her once her young body and big boobs start to sag, no doubt about it. Does anyone really believe Eric will stay with Sookie once she starts losing her looks? Of course he won't.

I will be so glad when this series is over with, it should have ended at least 3 books ago.

message 24: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie ERIC!

Kristy Johnson I think Eric is going to leave Sookie for Freyda. I also think that she will end up with Quinn. After the way Eric behaved in the last book, I am done with him. But,i think Sookie and Quinn made a good match, and she always second guessed ending their relationship.

Yodamom Sam- he's in love with her, he is kind of human, well he can giver her babies, which she wants-doesn't have all the pack issues/political issues, he's a country boy her own age, plus he can be her cuddle puppy ! LOL.

message 27: by Brandi (new) - added it

Brandi Sam...most definitely! !

message 28: by Ellen (new)

Ellen Definitely Eric, they're perfect together!

message 29: by Ellen (new)

Ellen ERIC!!!

message 30: by Mj (new)

Mj Eric or Sam! :)

message 31: by Monnie (new)

Monnie Sam!

Edrillan (vampire junkie) pls i beg all of who can be beg let it be ERIC!!! i sooooo love him since the first time he was introduced!!!!! I never really like BILL anyhow......ERIC is just so freaking awesome!!!!i love evry part of him from the arrogance to the sweet him ..... especially in the tv series alexander skarsgard plays it very well he's the only one that makes me laugh so pls im begging you let it be him and pls dnt give him to anyone espcially that FREYDA!! (whoever she is...) (sorry im not on that part yet..)

I LOVE ERIC!! HE'S SOOOO CUTE!! ( *gasp* oh no i did not just call him that gosh he's gonna kill me!!but i kinda rooted for him so mybe not? anyhow i gotta hide!love ya ERIC NORTHMAN!!)

message 33: by Janice (new)

Janice Sam! She grows old. Eric and Bill do not. I'd like her to have kids. With the last 2 she can't. With Sam, she can. Besides, Sam's much nicer than Eric and not hemmed in by lots of rules. It is more logical.

message 34: by Mel (new)

Mel Alcide, but that ship has long sailed so anyone but Bill.

message 35: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Bill He has loved her from the beginning

message 36: by Jon (new) - rated it 1 star

Jon Bill or Sam!

message 37: by Pooja (new) - added it

Pooja Kale For some reason, I held Sookie in contempt for being with Eric. I don't like him, that's that. I dont think he'll be able to put anyone but himself before anything or anyone. He can be a friend who'd help Sookie when she really needs him, albeit grudgingly and with a lot of sulking. Bill is never going to be the guy she marries, it's just too much water under that bridge. I cant help feeling a little disappointed but not surprised at all that the weretiger Quinn didnt work out. Sam is a decent deal, he's always loved her and after the last chapter, we all know Sookie might love him too. Now, if it is the brotherly-friendly kind or sexy kind is another debate. I wont mind if it is Sam (or Quinn for that matter), but the person I really am rooting for is Alcide! I luuuuurrrrvvvvveee him!!! I've been carrying a torch for the dashing Mr. Herveaux from the moment he entered the scene. I cannot help thinking what a perfect partner he'd be for Sook- he's protective, loving, sexy, a Sup and decently well off! Why not Alcide!!!! I hope that girl comes to her senses and realises that she wants a real life not a lifetime of graveyard (quite literally) shift with a vamp who gave her a knife instead of a wedding!

message 38: by Lauri (new)

Lauri Re-read your books...Eric is the one that sent Sookie flowers when she was in the hospital in the very first book. He fixed her drive way. There is more to him than most believe...we just confuse him with the awful HBO Eric. I have my books packed and ready to trash as soon as Charlaine Harris disappoints me as an author. This series began as a psychic who was not accepted by humans and she found it with...wait...vampires where she found silence. Since HBO...vampires are the bad guys and evil...I just wish CH and kept her books more separated from the series....scares the hell out of me with Games of Throne.

message 39: by Venus (new)

Venus Smurf Eric. All the way.

For one thing, THEY'RE FREAKING MARRIED. Maybe that doesn't count for as much as it should with all the relationships Sookie seems to have, and maybe she didn't exactly know what she was doing, but they're still married.

For another, he's actually good for her. I can easily see her ending up with Sam (though that would annoy me greatly), but Sam lets her get away with too much. He's got that unconditional support thing going for him, and while that's great in moderation and perfect in a best friend, Sookie needs someone willing to call her on her crap. Eric does that, most of the time anyway.

Besides, as much as she complained about her various roommates, she seems like the type who needs her own space. Sam is...well, kind of clingy. Eric gives her space while still taking care of her with the long term in mind. And while she complains that she isn't always his first priority, most of those times are when he's gone because he's trying to do his job and thus keep them both alive.

And while he's not perfect, at least he doesn't pretend to be something he isn't. There's a lot to be said for that.

That said, it'll be Sam. There have been too many hints, and even if Sam is a great character, I'm going to be incredibly irritated if Charlaine Harris ends Sookie's marriage to Eric as easily and abruptly as she has the other relationships. I can still see it happening, though. Maybe this was the end goal all along, but gosh, I'm going to be glad when this series ends. I'm too invested NOT to buy the last book, but I'm going to resent spending the money when I know I'm not going to like it. Let's just hope a little more effort goes into the last book than the past few.

Naomi Young Yabbut, Eric has already said he must divorce her for Freyda. And he WILL NOT give up all for love, especially a love that will only last for a whisper of his life.

message 41: by Sue (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sue The only reason she never went with Sam was that he was her employer. He went someway towards making this right by making her a partner. I love Eric too but do not think it can really work between them now. Sam has always been there for her & but for her rule of never going with her boss is the best out of all of them. We all know that for a successful relationship you have to be friends most of all who respect each other.

Elvia Szymanski Bill!

message 43: by Janice (new)

Janice Sookie should end up with a mortal who ages as she does. Otherwise she gets old and he doesn't--yuck! Also she needs to be with someone she can have children with. Sam seems the best choice for this.

Natasha I'm kind of frustrated! I love Eric because of the amazing dynamic Sookie and him share. BUT I have a NASTY feeling she is going to make Sookie end up alone.
Here's my question: if she didn't want to end Sookie with Eric, THEN WHY HAVE THEM TOGETHER FOR SO MANY BOOKS.
I don't understand how she could make a BEAUTIFUL relationship then just break them up. Think about all the things they went to together.

WHY DOESN'T FELIPE MARRY FREYDA????

Natasha Janice wrote: "Sookie should end up with a mortal who ages as she does. Otherwise she gets old and he doesn't--yuck! Also she needs to be with someone she can have children with. Sam seems the best choice for ..."

I heard somewhere, I'm going to look for it, that one of the short stories she published takes place after DEA. Where Sookie refers to Sam as her Best Friend.... She doesn't talk about Bill or Eric though....
I'm gonna double check!

message 46: by Dawn (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dawn Bill or Quinn. Not Eric, not Sam.

Rachel On Charlaine's website, she states she will not have Sookie turned into a vampire. I think Sookie will die or be killed at the end of the series. It is the only way I can imagine her story ending.

message 48: by Venus (new)

Venus Smurf Rachel wrote: "On Charlaine's website, she states she will not have Sookie turned into a vampire. I think Sookie will die or be killed at the end of the series. It is the only way I can imagine her story ending."

I can't imagine a worse ending, but then everything else has gone wrong with this series, so why not?

Kimberly Smith gross I would like to see Sookie end up with Sam or Bill (personally, I'd prefer Sam). There is just one problem with this. I've not only heard that Sookie will not end up a vampire, but I've also heard that there will not be a happy ending for Sookie. With that said, I think her story can end in only 1 of 2 ways. It will either be she ends or alone, or she dies (it would probably be a tragic death of some kind).

message 50: by Karen (new) - added it

Karen Kimberly - I've never heard that there won't be a happy ending for Sookie. While she may not have a white picket fence and 2.5 children, I don't think CH would end the series on an unhappy note.

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Dead Ever After (other topics)