Monthly Challenges discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
July 2012 Challenge > July 2012 Tasks

Comments (showing 1-2 of 2) (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 358 comments Mod
One Point Tasks
1.1-4th of July
Read a book that has the number 4 or four in the title or is the 4th book in the series. Variations and plurals work. i.e. 1Q84, Four to Score, or City of Fallen Angels

1.2-Reading Through the Alphabet
Read a book with a title that begins with the letter "W". i.e. The Wyoming Kid

1.3-Time for a Vacation
Read a book that either involves travelling or has a vacation-related word in the title. i.e. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour or Assassination Vacation

1.4-All-Star Game
Take me out to the ball game! Grab your peanuts, grab your hot dog, and don't forget your glove for those fly balls. Read a book that features baseball as a sport or with a baseball-related word in the title or a cover that has something commonly used or seen in baseball. i.e. My Most Excellent Year by Steve Kluger, Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game, or Miss Peregrine's HOME for Peculiar Children

1.5-After the Fireworks
Now that all the festivities are over, it is time to relax and read whatever pleases you.

1.6-Group Read
Read either Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher by Jay Asher or The Art of Fielding by Chad Harbach by Chad Harbach

Two Point Tasks
2.1-The Olympic Rings
Read two book each book must have a predominant color of one of the 5 Olympic rings: blue, black, red, yellow, green. i.e. Without Mercy by Lisa Jackson, Withering Tights (Misadventures of Tallulah Casey, #1) by Louise Rennison, Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1) by Shayla Black, Where Dreams Begin  by Lisa Kleypas, Voyager (Outlander, #3) by Diana Gabaldon

2.2-Let's Travel
Watching the Olympics always makes me think of all the amazing places in the world that I would love to visit. Read two books in countries other than the one you live in. The two books must be from different countries. i.e. The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency and Between Shades of Gray

I will have Diana post the last two tasks as soon as they become available.

message 2: by Diana S (last edited Jul 28, 2012 03:54PM) (new)

Diana S | 654 comments Mod
2.3 -Most Pages Read (Tessa) - We The People
Read two books that feature one of these words from the US Declaration of Indepdence: Power, Truth, Pursuit, Government, Life, Liberty, Happiness (or Happy), Equal (or Equality).
i.e. The Secret Life of Bees, Happiness Key

Three Point Task
3.1 - Tessa's Task - Signing for Freedom
In honor of the country's forefathers, read 3 books whose authors share a name (first or last) with one of the signers of the U.S. Declaration of Independence. There are 56 signers (with many duplicate first names), so you have plenty to choose from: http://www.ushistory.org/declaration/...
(List Signer chosen for each book)
i.e.
Signer: William Ellery - Defending Jacob by William Landay
Signer: John Morton - The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
Signer: Stephen Hopkins - 11/22/63 by Stephen King

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

1Q84 (other topics)
Four to Score (other topics)
City of Fallen Angels (other topics)
The Wyoming Kid (other topics)
Amy and Roger's Epic Detour (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jay Asher (other topics)
Chad Harbach (other topics)