Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > Inviting one facebook friend instead of a whole group

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frank Sloth (new)

Frank Sloth Aaskov (frankaaskov) | 3 comments I would like to invite some of my facebook friends to use Goodreads, but when I use the Goodreads "find friends" function I can only invite a whole group of friends at once. GR creates the potential friend-groups on what genre they are reading, but this isn't useful to me. All I want to do is invite some of my FB friends, and I would like to chose myself who to invite.

Is is possible to add that function, so that I can invite only selected FB friends? Because I don't want to spam all my FB friends and especially not those who I know aren't interest in GR.

message 2: by Kara, Director, Customer Care (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Frank Sloth wrote: "I would like to invite some of my facebook friends to use Goodreads, but when I use the Goodreads "find friends" function I can only invite a whole group of friends at once. GR creates the potentia..."

Hey, Frank. You can actually invite Facebook friends individually using the current feature. If you click on "x friends read" on the top of the box or the genre title itself (i.e. "Fiction"), you'll see a list of Facebook friends in that category. From there, you can check or un-check people to invite.

message 3: by Frank Sloth (new)

Frank Sloth Aaskov (frankaaskov) | 3 comments Hi Kara!

Thank you very much. Me and my friends have really missed this function, so thanks for showing where to find it :-)

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 93 comments Next question--how come it no longer shows which of those FB friends are on GR already? Or has GR been automatically connecting me with FB friends who are on GR? I've noticed some new friends lately.

message 5: by Kara, Director, Customer Care (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Heather wrote: "Next question--how come it no longer shows which of those FB friends are on GR already? Or has GR been automatically connecting me with FB friends who are on GR? I've noticed some new friends lat..."

We don't show the number of Facebook friends that are on Goodreads already if you are opted into auto-adding. It looks like you're opted in at the moment. You can opt out on the apps tab by un-checking "automatically include in my reading network Facebook friends who are also Goodreads members."

message 6: by Heather (new)

Heather | 93 comments Ah. That explains quite a bit. I don't remember opting in, but I very well could have.

message 7: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (shanypants) | 2 comments Is there some way to view a list of all my facebook friends and invite them from there. I tried clicking on the " XX Friends Read" which helped some, but a few of my friends that I would like to invite do not show up in any of the categories listed, they must not have filled out something on facebook that goodreads is getting this information about who reads what from. I don't want to invite all my facebook friends, just a select few. It would be very helpful if the "add people from facebook" option just listed my friends and let me choose who to invite instead of listing only certain people who have somehow categorized what genres of books they read.

unread topics | mark unread