On the Southern Literary Trail discussion

Smonk
This topic is about Smonk
More Authors > Tom Franklin: Smonk

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessie J (new) - added it

Jessie J (subseti) | 324 comments Just bought this one at a used bookstore in Nashville. Anyone else read it?

message 2: by Lawyer, "Lawyer Stevens" (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lawyer (goodreadscommm_sullivan) | 2770 comments Mod
Jessie wrote: "Just bought this one at a used bookstore in Nashville. Anyone else read it?"

Oh, yes. I've read all of Franklin. This is probably his most perverse and demented of all his books. CLCL this is not. Smonk is a malicious psychopathic dwarf who comes home to Old Texas, Alabama, to reap murder, mayhem, and general havoc. Ultimate case of little man syndrome. *grin* Have fun!

Stevens

Christopher (chriswinters) Mike wrote: "Jessie wrote: "Just bought this one at a used bookstore in Nashville. Anyone else read it?"

Oh, yes. I've read all of Franklin. This is probably his most perverse and demented of all his books. ..."

I just bought it too! I'm reading Infinite Jest right now, so that will take me a good while to read, but I'll probably read Smonk after that and we can talk about it!

Kathy | 157 comments Smonk and Infinite Jest, hmm, interesting combo.

Christopher (chriswinters) Kathy wrote: "Smonk and Infinite Jest, hmm, interesting combo."

I just finished IJ last night, but right now I'm starting The Optomist's Daughter. Smonk's gonna have to wait a bit! But it's going to be nice having a couple short reads now!

unread topics | mark unread