The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Hi from Michigan

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Angela | 2 comments Another newbie here. Came across this site while looking for a new, good series to read. I am one of the many that got hooked on the Twilight series. Although, I am not a teen...Far from it actually. Anyway, Just looking for another series. Any ideas??

Hayes (Hayes13) Hi Angela! Welcome.

What kind of series? I don't read many series, but I know lots here are. There's even a thread I think... someone will certainly suggest.

Happy reading!

Jessica | 1000 comments Welcome, Angela! I'm also from Michigan, metro Detroit area.

Lisa | 69 comments Hi Angela - welcome!

I haven't been involved too long yet with this group - but it's got me hooked enough that I spend way too much time here (especially when I need to be job searching!). Check out the thread called Reading a Series, under the Top Ten Lists section.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Angela & welcome to the group! :)

message 6: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (TNBBC) | 8446 comments Mod
Oooh Angela, you must pick up the Sookie novels by Charlaine Harris.... They are such fun, vampy brain candy!!!

Atishay | 1451 comments Hi Angela! Welcome! Try the Lord of The Rings or Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan

Rowena (Rowenacherry) | 58 comments Welcome, Angela, Hi, Jessica,

I, too, am from the Detroit area. I'm astonished that today isn't a snow day!

Rowena

Jessica | 1000 comments It's been snowing like crazy lately. I had to shovel three different times on Saturday. Not cool!

Petra SockieX (PetraX) Hello Angela :-)

Sue | 7 comments Hi Michigan people! I am in Minnesota; our high today is -3! I would rather have snow!

Lisa Julianna (LisaJulianna) | 1053 comments HI Angela,

Welcome to the group :~)

Fiona (bookcoop) Welcome Angela from Michigan! I am Fiona from England.

Another series? Well have you read Harry Potter? Or the Chrestomanci series by Diana Wynne Jones (aimed at slightly younger children then Twilight)

message 14: by Jackie (last edited Jan 13, 2009 01:38PM) (new)

Jackie (TheNightOwl) If you're looking for YA the Gemma Doyle Trilogy, (highly recommended by one of our members in particular- Gemma) is pretty good.

Anita (tigergirl) | 45 comments Hello Angela Welcome to the group.

Vincent Lowry (vlowry) | 137 comments Welcome, Angela!

Nancy Hi Angela!

Angela | 2 comments Thanks for the warm welcome and all the great suggestions.

Rachel (rachel_c) | 1 comments Hi Angela .. and all the rest of you as well. :)
- from another Michigander.

Jessica | 1000 comments I didn't realize how many Michiganders were on here. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, LOL!

Robin (RobinSullivan) | 1002 comments hello,
I'm from Michigan too!! I've been out of town for a few days and not on the board - just wanted to welcome you to the group!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Fellowship of the Ring (other topics)