Bitterblue (Graceling Realm, #3) Bitterblue discussion

Madlen

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new) - added it

Emma Was she supposed to be someone from Fire? It implied that She was, but I can't figure out who. Obviously it's supposed to be a mystery - her entry in Death's notes was conveniently destroyed by Lovejoy. What is that mystery???

Angel / YA rules!/ yay, i thought i was the only one who couldn't remember her from Fire...

message 3: by Emma (new) - added it

Emma She's obviously supposed to be a mystery, but were there any female doctor characters in Fire? She's written as very old, so I assume it would be someone the same age or slightly older than Fire... Did anyone lose an eye in that book? Ugh, this is the problem with reading library books. I can't go back and check things!

Janae Actuallyy now that I think about it, I don't really know either. It was kind of confusing?

Angel / YA rules!/ Emma wrote: "She's obviously supposed to be a mystery, but were there any female doctor characters in Fire? She's written as very old, so I assume it would be someone the same age or slightly older than Fire......"

i'll ask the ones who just read fire... i own a copy but going through it is a load of work... =)

Angel / YA rules!/ another GR friend who recently read Fire then Bitterblue, can't place Madlen in Fire either...

Linda I just re-read Fire, and Madlen isn't in Fire. At least not that I could see.

Angel / YA rules!/ is this a trick by the author... waaahhh... =)

Jessica Linda wrote: "I just re-read Fire, and Madlen isn't in Fire. At least not that I could see."

Same with me. I just thought she was supposed to be someone from the Dells. I can't think of anyone from Fire who sounded like Madlen.

Ilana i don't think that she was from Fire, but that she was from that side of the mountain. i think that throughout the story you are trying to place her accent and things like that - and that it's a nice surprise that she's from the other 'civilization'

i liked the little hook there, it was a nice segue so that you don't think that everyone is exactly what they seem

Becky She isn't in Fire, she is just a Pikkian explorer who volunteered for a cool expedition! I think her purpose is to demonstrate the peace between the Dells and Pikkian which was so obviously absent in Fire.

Veronica I think she's just some random character that was placed in to show that people from Fire's world had come across the borders awhile back. Sort of like a supporting character to what Fire was telling Bitterblue. It backed up Fire when she told her, basically.

I don't think she's anyone important but maybe, if Cashore writes a book about Hanna like I want, she will be a character in it, haha.

message 13: by Samantha The Escapist (last edited Jul 04, 2012 06:22AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Samantha The Escapist Don't forget that Fire was an old woman and last time we saw her she was 16ish. I don't know how old Madlen was supposed to be but I suspect she would have been too young to even be a factor in "Fire" (the novel) regardless.

She's certainly not as old as Fire is supposed to be as Madlen is described only with streaks of grey (I'd guess late 40s at the oldest while Fire was described as elderly) so I'd guess she was AT LEAST 10 years younger making her no older than 6 in the book.

*Edited to make more sense*

Janae Samantha wrote: "Don't forget that Fire was an old woman and last time we saw her she was 16ish. I don't know how old Madlen was supposed to be but I suspect she would have been too young to even be a factor in Fir..."

that is something to consider too though!

Hannah Did anyone else notice in the back of the book the mention of midya?? It's says she is from the dells famous dellian navel explorer. Dellian mother, pikkian father. Curiously born in a dellian prison! She must be Lady Murgda's baby, so there's another reason to keep the series going

message 16: by Samantha The Escapist (last edited Jul 06, 2012 06:14AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Samantha The Escapist Hannah wrote: "Did anyone else notice in the back of the book the mention of midya?? It's says she is from the dells famous dellian navel explorer. Dellian mother, pikkian father. Curiously born in a dellian pris..."

Perhaps that was a possible plug for the next novel, it might be about her. I could also see Hannah playing a big role in that story as well which would give most of us what we were hoping :D

Becky I did not notice that! I'm gonna have to go back and re-read Bitterblue now!

Hannah It would be the perfect set up, midya, Hannah and there discovery and new alliance with Bitterblue it's perfect!

Janae Samantha wrote: "Hannah wrote: "Did anyone else notice in the back of the book the mention of midya?? It's says she is from the dells famous dellian navel explorer. Dellian mother, pikkian father. Curiously born in..."

That would be a great book. But it seems as though there are a lot hidden things in Bitterblue that point to the book. Which if this series is continued I will squeal and jump up and down so many times.

Becky I think she will have to continue it or face the wrath of thousands of disappointed fans!

Janae Becky wrote: "I think she will have to continue it or face the wrath of thousands of disappointed fans!"

And I have been encouraging friends to read her series and they have loved them, so many more thousands too!

Becky We are taking over the literary world!!! Mwhaha

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Bitterblue (other topics)