College Students! discussion

Comments (showing 1-50 of 245) (245 new)    post a comment »

Jayme (JaymeLyn) I don't know about any of you guys, but since I started college I watch television programming about once a week, and it usually is just sitting in the lobby waiting for my roomie to come downstairs. But there are some shows that I love to watch--I usually catch up on them on hulu.com or on DVD.

I'm completely obsessed with The Office, and Psych and Scrubs are amazing too.

What do you like to watch? Any good series or shows I'm missing out on?

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) Agreed I really started to dig the whole TV on DVD my senior year. So I have a nice collection of Scrubs, M*A*S*H, My Hero, The Tick, Pushing Daisies, Making Fiends, Get Smart, and The Adam's Family. I love The Office as well, and House. There are a ton of great shows out there!

message 3: by Lori, The Over-Caffeinated Coffee Girl (new)

Lori | 2109 comments Mod
I bought the complete series of M*A*S*H and Gilmore Girls on DVD, which are really nice. I also watch Secret Life of the American Teenager. I know it's for high school kids, but I really like it. Haha. And whenever there's a House marathon, I'll watch that (it airs at the same time as Secret Life, so I'll have to tape it or deal with it).

message 4: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
i love the OC(i'm a little late on this series i know haha), Gilmore Girls (love the fact that Rory is a reader!), 24, Lost, Gossip Girl, 90210, CSI. I pretty much love all the old shows..I Dream of Jeannie, The Facts of Life, Green Acres, Bewitched, etc.

Janet I am weird and I live for TV. Haha. I watch it all the time and I am really weird and I can read and study with it on without being distracted. I get more distracted when it's really quiet actually. It's weird, I know.

I watch- Friends, Seinfeld, LOST *Best show ever*, 90210, Law and Order SVU, Secret Life of the American Teenager, Ugly Betty, Cold Case, The Hills, Kath and Kim, The Office. I also enjoy random shows too that I don't watch every week but if they're on, I try and catch them. Have any questions about if a show is good or not, ask me! Haha, I know it's sad!

Katerina | 252 comments I love the Office, Gilmore Girls, 90210, Drake and Josh, CSI, ANTM, Privileged, etc.

I've seen stuff about Secret Life of the American Teenager..is that good??

Also..i've been wanting to get into Degrassi..anyone watch that?

Jayme (JaymeLyn) I watched Degrassi throughout high school...when I'm home and manage to catch it on Noggin I'm so behind!

message 8: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

i always wondered about Degrassi also. I have this friend who loves it.

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments I have loved Degrassi for a long time! It's addicting! I also watch Grey's Anatomy, Lost, and Battlestar Galactica.

Lynn I have sooo little time for tv watching! I don't know how yall fit it in! haha. But I always watch the Office (my former roommate who graduated tivos it and we watch it at her apt usually on the weekend). I also have gotten seasons 1-4 as presents so if I have free time on the weekend I like revisiting those. It's not as good this season. I feel like it will be the last one.. but it is seriously one of the funniest shows ever!

I used to watch Pushing Daisies when I had time. I loved the whole artistic vision of it. And at school we have Project Runway viewing parties. And when I have time, I like watching Little People Big World, Jon & Kate Plus 8, and 17 Kids And Counting which all come on in a row. Ooh and I have recently been wanting the Apprentice to be on!

Jayme (JaymeLyn) Lynn wrote: "I have sooo little time for tv watching! I don't know how yall fit it in! haha. But I always watch the Office (my former roommate who graduated tivos it and we watch it at her apt usually on the we..."

My roommate and I always watch The Office too! My mum bought me seasons one through four for Christmas and we spend a ton of time re-watching our favorite episodes. I heart JAM...

Sara (thecrazygal) | 403 comments I really like KyleXY. But I haven't seen it in forever, except for the last episode of season 2, so I don't really want to watch all the episodes in between.

message 13: by Lori, The Over-Caffeinated Coffee Girl (new)

Lori | 2109 comments Mod
Katerina, I'd recommend Secret Life. It's kind of teen angsty, but it's a show about a pregnant 15-year-old, so that's a given. The characters are interesting and definitely play up the stereotypes in high school. I think the episodes are all on the ABC Family website, so check it out. New episode tomorrow at 7 central (I don't know what time zone you're in)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments Lynn, I love all those shows too! I always get teased about watching Jon and Kate Plus 8...but does anybody else like watching Discovery Health? I'm weird and I like watching surgeries and medical miracles and all that.

Heather (andshewontsleep) | 278 comments I just recently realized that I watch too much tv haha. My favorite shows are The Office, LOST, One Tree Hill, Jon & Kate Plus 8, Gossip Girl, How I Met Your Mother, ANTM, 90210 and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Then there are some older shows that I still like to watch on DVD or online like Arrested Development, The OC & Daria.
I used to watch Degrassi too but now I always miss it and there are so many new characters this season that I'm kind of lost if I do happen to catch a new episode.

Lynn Wow, Kelsey, that's weird to me that you would get teased for watching it! I know a lot of people our age who are into it!

My other apartmentmate's brother got How I Met Your Mother on DVD so I've seen like half of the first season. It's pretty funny! but I don't make a point to watch it. A new-er favorite of mine to watch on DVD is 30 Days w/ Morgan Spurlock. I loooove documentaries!

Justine (paperbackheart) | 337 comments I watch way too much tv.
Gossip Girl, How I Met Your Mother, House (just moved to Mondays and it's ruining my life), ANTM, My Name is Earl, The Office, Scrubs (so glad it's back!), LOST (coming back soon!), Degrassi, Rock of Love (watching right now!)

No Longer On/On DVD: Arrested Development, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (which is my favorite show of all time and everyone makes fun of me/doesn't believe me), Gilmore Girls, Pete and Pete, Golden Girls, Will and Grace

Lynn, How I Met Your Mother is soooo good. It's my favorite show of the past two years.

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) Oh my gosh! I love Daria! My boss got me hooked on it and her husband bought her a bootlegged copy of it. It's so funny to watch.

Janet Justine- I freaking LOVE LOVE LOVE Golden Girls. I can't believe I forgot to put that! I watch it usually every night on Lifetime! Oh what a funny, funny show!

I am glad other people watch a lot of TV too! I felt like a big dork when I was the first to say that I watch a lot TV. Everyone watches really good TV on here haha. Just though I would point that out!

message 20: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

omg Golden Girls!!
that reminds me so much of my mom..she used to love it and made me watch it all the time!
When she got really sick i got her the first season on dvd and we would watch it together..such a good show!
Pete and Pete..!! so good. and I used to love Daria.

Kimberly (KimberlywithaT) | 2137 comments I'm glad I'm not the only college student that watches The Secret Life! I watched the whole season on youtube over Christmas break. I also love Numbers, NCIS, According to Jim, Everybody loves Raymond, and The Big Bang Theory.

Lynn Justine, my apartment-mate and I would go around saying "Haaaaaaave you met Ted?" haha. I wish someone would do that for me at parties.

Lynn oomg did anyone watch Kid Nation like a year and a half ago?? My other roommate and I used to watch. Gaaahh it was sooo addicting!! hahah. We still repeat lines from the show... especially things Jared said!

message 24: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

omg..KID NATION!! I thought i was the only one in the universe that watched it..my boyfriend was like.."ok..you watch a lot of really lame stuff..but this is by far the lamest EVER" haha..he was so right..but it was soo addicting!

Justine (paperbackheart) | 337 comments I watched with my room mate too! She's a preschool teacher and she was all into it and I thought it would be dumb but it was amazing! How have they not come back for Season Two? I blame Taylor! (That was that one annoying girl's name right?)

message 26: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

hahah i know exactly what girl you are talking about!! i think that was her name!

Justine (paperbackheart) | 337 comments I saw her on a talk show afterwards and she still claimed that she doesn't really act like that because she's a beauty queen.

Lynn I heard there would be a Kid Nation 2 and I've kept my ears open but haven't heard any official word. There was stuff in the media about it being emotionally damaging for the kids. I was like Screw that! I want to see more! hhaaha.

My apartment mate was an elementary ed major so she'd always be saying things (read: screaming at the tv in frustration and excitement haha) like "Hello! That's not how you create good leadership!!" omg we had so. much. fun.

My fav was the Asian kid, Alex. :]

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 13, 2009 01:11PM) (new)

i have Las vegas DVD seasons 1-5, 24 1-6 and i cant wait until the 7th season gets released on dvd, i have seasons 1-4 of the two and a half men. i have Lost seasons 1-4 on DVD, and Greys anatomy 1-4 on DVD. i am addicted to 24, Fringe and Lost

message 30: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

wasn't 24 amazing this week??

Tami | 2886 comments Mod
I like seasons on DVD much better than watching new episodes. No Commercials!

I really like Gilmore Girls and while I don't get into much fan fiction, there is another season and a half online at http://virtualgilmore.squarepins.org/... their episodes are pretty good.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah i am excited to see what happens next week

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

when i saw tony i thought OMG he is a bad guy but when he turned out to be in Deep cover i was happy because i like his character

Kimberly (KimberlywithaT) | 2137 comments Did anyone watch "The Modern Family"? I watched it tonight and thought it was hilarious!

Lindsay (ljones08) I am totally addicted to buying seasons of tv on dvd.. My fav shows are Grey's Anatomy, Friends, and the biggest loser. I also recently re-watched the entire series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (i was totally addicted when i was younger)! And I'm planning on buying Ghost Whisperer and Californication (Which is a GREAT show).. actually all showcase shows are amazing, Dexter and Nurse Jackie are my other favs

Sarah (SarahSaysRead) | 73 comments I'm kind of a lurker in this group, but I had to jump in here! My fave TV shows are The Office, Lost, House, Pushing Daisies, Scrubs...I think that's the top ones anyways. I also really enjoyed watching a show called Deadliest Warriors, but I don't think it's on anymore.

Also, has anyone watched Better Off Ted? I've seen a couple episodes and they were hilarious, but I haven't gotten a chance to watch them in order or anything yet.

Tami | 2886 comments Mod
Did anyone watch The Forgotten? It was on Tuesday. I really like the premise of the show. Regular people investigate Jane Doe and John Doe to see if they can give a name to the person. Sometimes what they turn up will result in closing the case of who killed them. I remember seeing a documentary or news story about how there really are groups like this out there. How interesting.

Drew Hamilton (DrewHamilton) I'm one of many LOST fans, a recent convert to The Office and Bones, a long time Scrubs fan, Battlestar Galactica, Defying Gravity, and Glee. Though, I don't watch a whole lot of TV, I usually watch them on my laptop. Going to give FlashForward a shot tonight, though I thought the book was atrocious.

Almost forgot, I love Dead Like Me. And that's my two-cents.

message 39: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Kimberly wrote: "Did anyone watch "The Modern Family"? I watched it tonight and thought it was hilarious!"

I wanted to watch it! I'll have to watch it if you say its funny!

Jes (_Jes) | 37 comments I really like Weeds, even though I was sure I'd hate it. I watched The Tudors for a little bit, but it gets kind of repetitive after a few episodes. Freaks & Geeks is a good one, and I love Flight of the Conchords, though there's never really a story line to the show. Fall is making me want to watch Buffy, so I predict a marathon in the near future, haha.

message 41: by Edina (last edited Sep 25, 2009 05:55AM) (new)

Edina | 23 comments I've started watching this cool show called Dexter about a serial killer with principles. I love Dollhouse, Bones, House, & Lie to Me. Oh, and Scrubs is hilarious but I haven't been watching the newer seasons. I watched a few episodes of Better off Ted--it is funny in a cute dorky way. :D

message 42: by Lori, The Over-Caffeinated Coffee Girl (new)

Lori | 2109 comments Mod
Since Secret Life isn't on right now, I pretty much just stick to watching baseball and reruns of MASH and Gilmore Girls. It's kind of nice to not have to schedule my life around the TV.

Kimberly (KimberlywithaT) | 2137 comments Last night was my favorite show's season premier, The Mentalist! Love that show!

Jessi (infinite13) | 157 comments I used to watch the news a lot, and then I realized that most cable news sucks so bad it's actually pretty scary when you think about. So I read the New York Times and listen to NPR. However, Keith Olbermann is a good journalist, along with several other people in the evening on MSNBC.

Probably my favorite non-news show would have to be Family Guy.

30 Rock is hysterical. I also like Glee a lot so far.

If anyone has Showtime or HBO, I also really like Weeds, Dexter, Real Time with Bill Maher, and Big Love.

As for stuff that's no longer on television, I love Friends, Home Movies, The L Word, and Queer as Folk.

Lydia (daisysinherhair) | 11 comments For anyone looking for something to watch let me recommend a few. (Im a tv nut!)
- Big Bang theory- amazingly halarious! 4 physists and their neighbor girl. Its sooooo funny.

-how I met your mother- the quintisential comedy for our generation

-fringe- paranormal FBI cases. For anyone who likes crime drama and anything paranormal

-Dollhouse- Joss whedon is a genious, enough said

Kimberly (KimberlywithaT) | 2137 comments Lydia wrote: "For anyone looking for something to watch let me recommend a few. (Im a tv nut!)
- Big Bang theory- amazingly halarious! 4 physists and their neighbor girl. Its sooooo funny.

-how I met your mo..."

I love Big Band Theory! Absolutely hilarious!

Sarah (SarahSaysRead) | 73 comments Oh Lydia, speaking of Joss Whedon, Firefly is another AWESOME show. Sadly it only last a season - damn FOX for cancelling good shows - but then the movie Serenity came out to kind of tie up some loose ends.

It's a great show, if anyone feels like renting a DVD show, try Firefly.

Justine (paperbackheart) | 337 comments Firefly is on my list. I'm working my way through Angel right now - I didn't want to watch it when it was on years ago and I am paying for it (literally) now. Bones and Veronica Mars are also on that list.

Edina | 23 comments Lydia wrote: "Dollhouse- Joss whedon is a genious, enough said"

You know, its on tonight. :)

Janet Sarah- Sorry I am just responding now but I totally watched Better Off Ted last season! I thought it was really funny!!

I also LOVE Monday night CBS. How I Met Your Mother, Big Bang Theory! Those shows make me laugh so hard!!!

Did anyone catch the new show Community? About going to Community college? I thought it was great and I love Joel Mchale and Chevy Chase!! I started my college career at community college and it makes me laugh!

I think there is some good TV this season! Now I am just counting down the days until LOST! Woo!!

« previous 1 3 4 5

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Someday, Someday, Maybe (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lauren Graham (other topics)