Food and Fiction. discussion

Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen: How One Girl Risked Her Marriage, Her Job, and Her Sanity to Master the Art of Living
This topic is about Julie and Julia
Film and TV > Julie and Julia. Which is better, the book or the film?

Comments (showing 1-10 of 10) (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Maria (mariakelly) | 89 comments Mod
I'd have a job on to choose which I liked best, anyone more sure than me?

Connie I liked the book better.

Dianne I still need to read the book I am waiting for it at the library. I did like the movie.

message 4: by Maria (last edited Jun 19, 2012 02:05PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I saw the film first and loved it, then read the book. Not the way round I usually like to do it, I like to read the books first. (I just read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald 'cos I know the film is coming out soon). So I loved the book too. Maybe it's 'cos I saw the film first that I'm undecided.

Sariann Lehrer (ChoppedGinger) | 11 comments The Great Gatsby is my favorite American classic, so glad you liked it! I never saw the last movie made from it, but I'm very excited for the remake coming soon.

Sariann wrote: "The Great Gatsby is my favorite American classic, so glad you liked it! I never saw the last movie made from it, but I'm very excited for the remake coming soon."

Me too, it looks gorgeous, the actors seem perfect for the roles and I've liked Baz Luhrmann's other films so should be great.

Connie I have always adored all things from the 1920s, especially art and fashion. The Great Gatsby is wonderfully exciting to me as a book, and I look forward to the remake of the movie. I think it will be delicious.

GIZMO (GIZMOSTERRIERTORRENT) | 4 comments have to go with the book...especially for the food...film doesn't really give the full "flavor"

Yeh, you can't beat reading descriptions of gorgeous food. You can almost taste it! :-)

Jo | 13 comments I saw the movie Julia and Julia first and loved it! Tried to read the book after but couldn't get into it.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Great Gatsby (other topics)