2015 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE General 2012 > TBR Twins, July

Comments (showing 1-27 of 27) (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara, Moderator (last edited Jun 25, 2012 11:57AM) (new)

Kara (KaraAyako) | 3042 comments Below are July's pairings!

The Truth About Forever - Johanna & Sarajayne
Sentence of Marriage - Danielle & Anna
Ash - Trevor & Olivia *^*A Nerdy Girl*^*
Garden Spells - Connieb & Kara
Middlesex - ~*Ro*~ & Chelsea
Whitney, My Love - Ashley & Malak

Use this thread to post what book you've chosen to read and your thoughts about that book.

message 2: by Johanna (new)

Johanna | 763 comments I know we both have huge piles of tbr, so how to choose, wow! :) Looking forward to this!

message 3: by Johanna (new)

Johanna | 763 comments I looked through your pile. Sarah Dessen - The truth about forever, Neil Gaiman - graveyard book. The first is also on my tbr and the second is on my reread pile. But I like your suggestions too :)

message 4: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (DMansell) | 135 comments Wow - picking a book was harder than I though it was going to be :) Sooo many good options out there. Anna and I have decided on Sentence of Marriage by Shayne Parkinson. We are going to be starting a bit early (next monday) so we can read 7 chapters a week over 5 weeks and be finished by the 30th.

message 5: by Kara, Moderator (new)

Kara (KaraAyako) | 3042 comments That's a really good idea, Danielle!

message 6: by Danielle (last edited Jun 19, 2012 10:03AM) (new)

Danielle (DMansell) | 135 comments Sarajayne wrote: "added your choice to my tbr list lol :) "

I've heard lots of good things about this book and I picked it up way way way back when I got my first e-reader because it was free :) I like lots of (believable) angst in my books so I'm hoping this one delivers :)

I'm going to keep my eye on your pick as well since I'm looking for a coming of age book for my July String Theory book.

message 7: by Kara, Moderator (new)

Kara (KaraAyako) | 3042 comments Quick tip on how to compare books:

1. Go to your twin's profile and click "compare books"

2. In the top right corner, set the "common shelves" to "to read." If you or your partner keeps the TBR list somewhere other than the "to read" shelf, then you can use the two fields under that to compare books.

This should give you a neat list of everything you have in common.

message 8: by Connieb (new)

Connieb (otherwordly) | 82 comments Thanks for that Kara!! I just knew there had to be a simple way to compare books!

message 9: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nathlawle) Olivia and I are reading Ash by Malinda Lo.

message 10: by Kara, Moderator (new)

Kara (KaraAyako) | 3042 comments Connieb and I are reading Garden Spells. It works out because this double dips for both of us for the Listopia challenge. :)

message 11: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea (Cnicole322) | 87 comments ~*Ro*~ and I are going to read Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides for July!

message 12: by Nathan (new)

Nathan (nathlawle) Chelsea wrote: "~*Ro*~ and I are going to read Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides for July!"

Tell me what you think of that one, guys!! I've had it on my list for like 4 years.

message 13: by Kara, Moderator (new)

Kara (KaraAyako) | 3042 comments Oooh, I'm reading that for another group this month. Like Trevor, it's been on my list for a super long time too. :)

message 14: by ~*Ro*~ (new)

~*Ro*~ (MzRonda) | 83 comments Chelsea wrote: "~*Ro*~ and I are going to read Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides for July!"

I'm excited!

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Malak, so sorry I'm late! I was looking at your to-read list and these are on mine as well (not GR TBR, but on my spreadsheet TBR, lol)

The Soldier's Wife
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
Dead Until Dark
Anna and the French KissThe Accidental Mother
If You Could See Me Now

Either of these is fine, or any other you might would like to read is fine. :)

message 16: by Malak (new)

Malak Altewerki | 13 comments Hi, I think I missed alot XD
Sorry but What do u mean by TBD?

message 17: by Malak (new)

Malak Altewerki | 13 comments I would suggest
2 books
Harry poter OR Whitny my love?

message 18: by Ashley (new)

Ashley I can go to the library and see if they have Whitney, My Love. It looks interesting. :) Lets do that one if you'd like.

I've read Harry Potter so much, lol. I need to give him a break for a while. I read them all last year before the last movie came out, haha.

message 19: by Malak (new)

Malak Altewerki | 13 comments Hehehehe
Yea, that's gonna be prefect :)

message 20: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Awesome! Kara, Malak and I will be reading Whitney, My Love. :)

message 21: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (DMansell) | 135 comments Ashley wrote: "Awesome! Kara, Malak and I will be reading Whitney, My Love. :)"

Lots of strong opinions on that one! It should make for interesting discussions - good choice guys :)

message 22: by Malak (new)

Malak Altewerki | 13 comments So when we're gonna start the book club for whitney my love?

message 23: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (DMansell) | 135 comments Anna and I finished our July read already :) It was a very addictive book but in the end I wasn't all that fond of it. It didn't seem like anything good was ever going to happen to the poor main character Amy and then the book just ends mid story and you have to get the next book where it continues on. I read the synopsis and it seems like the author just heaps more abuse on poor Amy so I probably won't be reading it. As much as I like angst in my books I need some high notes at some point. If I get to the end of a book and the only thing I'm taking away from it is anger I'm not likely to pick up any more by that author.

message 24: by Kara, Moderator (last edited Jul 10, 2012 05:47PM) (new)

Kara (KaraAyako) | 3042 comments I just started Garden Spells! I adore magical realism--I'm only a couple chapters in, but it's enjoyable so far.

message 25: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Malak, I'm still trying to get a copy of the book. I went to the library and their copy was checked out. It was supposed to be turned back in on 7/6, however, the person is nearly a week late turning it in!!I hope they do or I will be out of luck! :(

message 26: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Malak, is there another book from your list you would like to try? Our book still hasn't been returned to the library yet. Since it is over 700 pages that will be cutting it close to impossible to finish by the end of the month, haha.

message 27: by Malak (new)

Malak Altewerki | 13 comments What do you think of this book. It sounds Intresting :)

If I Should Speak, a Novel

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sentence of Marriage (other topics)
The Truth About Forever (other topics)
Ash (other topics)
Garden Spells (other topics)
Middlesex (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Shayne Parkinson (other topics)
Malinda Lo (other topics)