Christian Living discussion

What is your favorite Christian book?

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 1 comments Mod
Besides the Bible, what is your favorite Christian book of all times? Why is it your favorite? Has it changed the way you live, the way you relate to others, the way you relate to God?

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Walker (hopetofaith) Hi Ashley,

My favorite book changes or rather the list just grows. One in particular that was very impactful on my life was "Soul Survivor" by Philip Yancey. I found that book right when I needed it most. It helped me trememdously when my faith was at a low point.

It gave me hope that when our church experiences go awry and are we are not getting our spiritual needs met per se, we can go back to the Source and He will meet each and every need.

message 3: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Akers | 1 comments Hi!

My favorite Christian book of all time is The Blessing of The Lord by Kenneth Copeland.

It applies because God is a good God. He loves me!

message 4: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Skomra | 2 comments My favorite Christian book so far is clearly a Case for Christ, by Lee Strobel. This book is so amazing. It is written by a journalist who is a former atheist. He decided to investigate who Jesus really was. He dedicates 2 years into finding out all he can about who Christ was and comes to the conclusion that it is harder to not believe in Christ. Because of this he has found Christ and now dedicates his life to him. He has written 3 other books since publishing his first. I used the Case for Christ with my senior high Sunday School Class and it was a huge hit with them. They liked the fact that their faith was pretty firm and allowed them to question things they were afraid of all because their love of God was so strong. Praise be to God!

message 5: by Shelly (new)

Shelly Skomra | 2 comments Matthew wrote: "Hi!

My favorite Christian book of all time is The Blessing of The Lord by Kenneth Copeland.

It applies because God is a good God. He loves me!"

I have never read any of Kenneth Copeland's books. Are they good reads?

unread topics | mark unread