One for the Murphys One for the Murphys question

Foster or Birth Mom?
Horsenkat Horsenkat (last edited Jun 16, 2012 05:28PM ) Jun 16, 2012 05:26PM
I think Carly chose what she should have chosen-- to go with her birth mom. Her mom DID love her, and was the one who she had lived with all her life.

Maddie (last edited Oct 04, 2014 08:25AM ) Oct 04, 2014 08:25AM   0 votes
I also agree with Dee.

Holly (last edited Jan 19, 2015 05:51PM ) Oct 05, 2014 10:29AM   0 votes
I think Mrs. Murphy would've been a good choice, and a great Mom. If I was put in this situation, I really couldn't choose. I know Carley's Birth Mom loves her and raised her, but the Murphy's (as Suzanne said) are nurturing and I couldn't be without that.

Mrs.Murphey.

Carley, not Carly. And Mrs. Murphy cared for her. Like in Almost Home by Joan Bauer (SPOILER!) Sugar stays with the foster's and visits her mother. I think the same exact scenario would work out great in this book. But seriously, great book. Best book I've ever read, to be quite honest.

Carly will always love her mom, and I think she should. But what she needs right now is the Murphey family's nurturing... Mom can visit.

I feel like it would have been better for her to stay with the Murphys, because she had a friend and a good family where she was treated so much better. I know her mom loved her, but I feel like she couldn't be as good to Carley as Mrs. Murphy.

I don't know really what mother I like better. Her real mother is amazing, but so is Mrs.Murphy who took Carly in and made her part of the family.

Maryclare (last edited Jun 16, 2014 07:47PM ) Jun 16, 2014 07:46PM   0 votes
Definitely Mrs. Murphey.

^same^

Dee (last edited May 01, 2013 09:33PM ) May 01, 2013 09:32PM   -1 votes
I don't feel like she really had a choice - she was told that she was going back with her mom - I think she would have stayed with the Murphy's if she could have - she was old enough to have her wishes considered (IIRC she was 15/16)

ETA - I wouldn't trust her birth mom after what she did to her - Carly lied for her and covered up with she did - but its still a huge deal

I agree with Dee.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

One for the Murphys (other topics)