Goodreads Feedback discussion

Bugs > Friend requests skipping challenge question

Comments (showing 1-9)    post a comment »
dateUp_arrow    newest »

Petra X  (PetraX) | 4604 comments I am posting on the other thread too - I've just got another friend request with the 'wrong' answer.

Sparrow (Sparrow27) | 102 comments Oh, I am posting here, too, because I'm not positive which thread is active. (http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...)

message 7: by Kara, Director, Customer Care (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Lisa wrote: "Kara, LIke Petra, My answer is yes too, to the question do you know me and will I recognize you. Sometimes people answer yes, when it is or isn't true, but sometimes they answer no or give a longer..."

If you have them, yes please!

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8251 comments Kara, LIke Petra, My answer is yes too, to the question do you know me and will I recognize you. Sometimes people answer yes, when it is or isn't true, but sometimes they answer no or give a longer answer and their friend request still gets through. So, right now I have no pending requests. Do you want screen shots or something else as examples if/when more come in?

Petra X  (PetraX) | 4604 comments The answer to my question is "yes". Quite a lot of people are telling a porkie when they give that answer, but still it is an answer. The latest friend request gives no answer. It is still in my profile. Would you like a screen shot of it, Kara?

message 4: by Kara, Director, Customer Care (last edited Jun 17, 2012 02:32PM) (new)

Kara | 1580 comments Mod
Lisa wrote: "Oh, It's definitely buggy. I've had a one word answer set, and members have been able to send requests using a different word or phrase. Basically, it seems much of the time anyone can request frie..."

Do you have any specific examples of this, Lisa? Which (incorrect) words work on your challenge question? I've seen isolated incidents where this has happened, but we can't seem to replicate the behavior. As soon as we can, it should be much easier to fix the problem.

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 8251 comments Oh, It's definitely buggy. I've had a one word answer set, and members have been able to send requests using a different word or phrase. Basically, it seems much of the time anyone can request friendship whether that member has a challenge question set or not. And then, if the answer is obvious, members can give the correct word, but the answer is not factually correct. Such as they answer yes they know me and I'll recognize them, but they don't and I don't.

message 2: by Becky (last edited Jun 16, 2012 11:33AM) (new)

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) | 3690 comments Do you have an answer set, Petra? I believe unless a specific answer is required, the question is technically optional.

ETA: I just tried (but didn't submit) and there's a hint saying that the answer is only one word, so it appears you do.

Very strange that it should allow the request without an answer. Definitely seems buggy.

Petra X  (PetraX) | 4604 comments Today I got a friend request where the challenge question was not answered. The person is a GR author, not a follower and not anyone I know from anywhere else on the net or RL.

unread topics | mark unread