Celestial Equinox [Advanced Original RP Collection] discussion

Suggestions

Comments (showing 1-50 of 76) (76 new)    post a comment »

Lynx | 133 comments Mod
All suggestions for the group go in this topic. Please, don't be shy! We want to hear your wonderful thoughts!

Thomas (Marimbapanda) This might be unnecessary, but I know that a lot of people are intimidated by SUPER long Rp's when they think they have to read it, and then people get asked all the time to give a summary.

I propose that people who are very active in a Rp give a summary every 100 posts or so about the bigger events that happened within those 100 posts, whether it be plot twists, secrets, events, etc. Information that would be beneficial for everyone to know.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (Falls) | 116 comments If it's at the top of each page or every other page, people could scroll through the pages simply reading the previous page's summary.

Thomas (Marimbapanda) Thomas wrote: "This might be unnecessary, but I know that a lot of people are intimidated by SUPER long Rp's when they think they have to read it, and then people get asked all the time to give a summary.

I prop..."

??? I'm sorry. I don't understand.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (Falls) | 116 comments If you dedicate the first post on each page to a summary, people wanting to know what happened on the roleplay could just read the first post on each page.

Thomas (Marimbapanda) Yeah! That would work. We would just need people to participate in this job. (Since most people only do a few roleplays.)

Woolfie  Silverbane  (Nightlightknight) An excellent idea, a lot of the time long posts are geat, but when they don't involve your character or gie you anything to respond to it gets a little difficult, and occasionally frustrating. I'd like to contribute insofar as the summaries are concerned, ut I'd like to ask that rpers be a little aware of the length of their posts, exposition is fine, but it has to further the plot or develop the world of the rp.

Lynx | 133 comments Mod
The only thing with that idea is who's gonna post them? My only other thought is people could post a very brief summary of the contents of their post at the start or end of their post. That way people could just skim through it..... Then major plot twists and such can be posted in the actual plot topic for people to see, along with a page number.

Thomas (Marimbapanda) If people put a summary in all of their posts, it would be the same as people just reading all of the posts. I would be willing to put a summary in any rp that I become involved in.

Woolfie  Silverbane  (Nightlightknight) I like the top of the page idea personally, ut it'll have to fall to the rper whose post i happens to be I suppose.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (Falls) | 116 comments What Woolfie said. Whoever happens to be the one to post the first post at the end of the page or the beginning.

Thomas (Marimbapanda) Yeah. I guess. My concern is that somebody who hadn't been involved with the RP for very long would be in charge of making the summary. They might not understand what exactly was going on, even if they read all of the previous summaries and all of the posts on the page. We also don't have a way of knowing where your post will be. Of course you could just edit your post to have the summary.

s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» | 305 comments What if there was a separate topic for summaries, in the same folder as the roleplay, for summaries and notes on important plot stuff. (Perhaps even in the plot/info topic.) Each page could have it's own summary (ex. Page 1: summary), or something like that. Suggestion, anyways.

Thomas (Marimbapanda) s•u•n•s•h•i•n•e «§KENZ§» wrote: "What if there was a separate topic for summaries, in the same folder as the roleplay, for summaries and notes on important plot stuff. (Perhaps even in the plot/info topic.) Each page could have it..."

That might work. If that was the case, then somebody should be 'hired' to post the summary for each page. It should be different from the plot and info page so things are kept more organized.

Lynx | 133 comments Mod
I've tried that in other groups and unless people are committed to posting there then it's always a flop. It sounds like the best option to me, but speaking from past experience it doesn't always work...... Worth a try though, I suppose.

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (Falls) | 116 comments Permission to make a topic regarding this matter?

Lynx | 133 comments Mod
Go ahead

Woolfie  Silverbane  (Nightlightknight) Yes that sounds like an excellent idea, but as mentioned before there are potential hang-ups, perhaps the one tasked with writing the summary should be either a designated person or the member that contributes most to the rp, having written more, it makes sense that they would have a better grip of the story.

Ruby  (theruby) I think we should open a Hunger Games rp. I am in several other Hunger Games Rp groups but since this is an advanced rp we could make the games that much more. I don't however think we should open it until we have a group of roleplayers who are really dedicated. We need at least 12 people who are willing to rp two Charries. And, of course, we need a willing Gamemaker.

Woolfie  Silverbane  (Nightlightknight) Gamemaker? That reminds me of the DnD boardgames I used to play where one person had to be the Dungeon Master:p
But yeah I see what you mean, it'd be great if we could rustle up a few consistent rpers, which I'm sure would not be too much of a problem:)

Ruby  (theruby) Oh yes. I have some friends I can invite. I have one in mind right now. Did you read the Hunger Games?

Lynx | 133 comments Mod
Ruby, I can totally set up a Hunger Games rp. That seems to be my forte. :P I've had way too much practice. haha. And Hunger Games rps are actually a million times better with only a half dozen rpers and a dozen characters. Leaves plenty to kill off. So I can totally set one up, probably on Monday.

Ruby  (theruby) Ok sounds good! I can't wait

Waterfall *Daughter of Northridge Earthquake* (Falls) | 116 comments Yeah, it's hard when you have a lot of people with only a few characters, because they don't want to kill anyone off. Then no one ever dies and it becomes moot.

☆Lily *Aria* Sokai☆ (lilysokai) | 60 comments Mod
Lol Lynx. "Plenty to kill off."

I'm fine with whatever ideas you come up with for the summaries.

Also, Hunger Games would be fun to do. I agree with only half a dozen RP'ers though, because otherwise things get really crazy.

Quackyduck  (Quackyduck) If we do hunger games I can make some characters we could kill off.

If Lynx doesn't log on by the time I get back from dinner, I'll be doing some things to set it up.

I'm gonna have to make the topic a bit more... complex than the others, but it'll happen. And don't kill off your characters unless it actually fits in with the plot XD *guilty*

Lynx | 133 comments Mod
I'm here, don't worry. I can set it up. I'm a pro at Hunger Games rps. lol.

Deleted my old topic, you take it.

Lynx | 133 comments Mod
Alright.

Will you be doing character sheets as well?

Lynx | 133 comments Mod
If you wish to do the character sheets you can feel free to message it to me. I can tweak them if needed.

Mkay, sending.

Nvm, scratch that. Didn't have it on hand, that was for another group. Up to you ._. sorry

Lynx | 133 comments Mod
Totally fine.

Lүη∂sεү Could we maybe have an ON/OFF section on each of the RPs so that when someone got on to RP they could see if anyone else was on? It might be helpful..

Lynx | 133 comments Mod
In each rp folder? Why not just one topic? Only thing with that is people usually seem to forget to post there, or start conversations.....

Woolfie  Silverbane  (Nightlightknight) Ooh a Hunger Games rp, Yaay!
Anyone here read Divergent? It's kinda like HG. That's another potential rp?

Lүη∂sεү Yeah that could work too. Actually that might be better. Hmmm...Thats a good point...

Lynx | 133 comments Mod
Woolfie wrote: "Ooh a Hunger Games rp, Yaay!
Anyone here read Divergent? It's kinda like HG. That's another potential rp?"

Nope, but I have that book checked out from the library. I'm planning on reading it soon.

Quackyduck  (Quackyduck) Whelp, I don't know if anyone is interested, but we could maybe make an Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra roleplay, and have a mod be the avatar? We could set up a plot and during what time period it was (so we could have airbenders too).

Woolfie  Silverbane  (Nightlightknight) Yes yes yes, love that idea Quackyduck:)

Lүη∂sεү Quackyduck (Shizuo!) wrote: "Whelp, I don't know if anyone is interested, but we could maybe make an Avatar: The Last Airbender/Legend of Korra roleplay, and have a mod be the avatar? We could set up a plot and during what tim..."

YEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! (My love for that series is hopefully obvious though my text)

Woolfie  Silverbane  (Nightlightknight) Hmm I don't think you love it all that much Lyndsey lol:p

message 45: by Riley (last edited Jul 08, 2012 06:30PM) (new)

Riley (rixosink)

Lүη∂sεү ^^^^^^
LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE!! Though avatar the last airbender is my favorite so far. The legend of Kora doesnt have the same spark :_(

Woolfie  Silverbane  (Nightlightknight) I've not seen Korra yet, but I will say it has a lot to do to reach the level of awesomeness the Gaang did.

Riley (rixosink)

BUT KORRA

Quackyduck  (Quackyduck) :D I'm so glad everyone loves Avatar! I've watched it since I was really young and it was the first 'fandom' I ever followed. I love it so much ;A;

Lүη∂sεү Will_ wrote: "
BUT KORRA"

LOL!! I seriously cant stop laughing now!!!!!!!! OOMG THAT IS SO FUNNY!!! Heheehehe ^_^

« previous 1

Celestial Equinox [Advanced Original RP...

unread topics | mark unread