Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2) Unravel Me discussion

Adam and Warner

Comments (showing 1-50 of 85) (85 new)    post a comment »

Cookie Why do you think they can both touch Juliette? Personally, my theory is because James and Adam and Warner all have the same mom. Notice how James had dirty blond hair? Waner had blond hair too! Also both Warner and Adam were elusive about their moms. Isn't it strange? What do you think?

The UHQ Nasanta Interesting. I'd been wondering the same thing but couldn't come up with a possible explanation for why. I really hope that the author answers this question satisfactorily in the later books.

message 3: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah ew why is there a team warner? ADMMMMMMMMM

Cookie Sarah wrote: "ew why is there a team warner? ADMMMMMMMMM"

I never mentioned any "teams". All I'm asking for is your opinion on how Adam and Warner can touch Juliette.

message 5: by Sabrina (new) - added it

Sabrina i think it is because Adam is completely in love with her, so he can touch her. Warner is in love with the power she has, so thats why. and james (i think) is going to fall in love with her too! so thats why.
hope this helped

(p.s i never even thought about their moms)

Cookie I don't think James I going to fall in love with her (that would b weird because he's too young!) I'm hoping that Warner is not in love with only her power but HER. And the mom(s), their pasts and whereabouts were purposefully kept hidden so that must mean something. Thanks for your opinion :)

message 7: by Sabrina (new) - added it

Sabrina does anybody know anything about the moms cuz its really confusing me!

plz help

Cookie Unless you received one of the ARCs of Unravel Me, I don't think anyone knows LOL

message 9: by Frenchie (new) - added it

Frenchie Sarah wrote: "ew why is there a team warner? ADMMMMMMMMM"

*Adam. I'm sorry, I had to do that.

I agree with you guys - the people that love her can touch her.

My reasoning is this . . . I think that she could have killed her mother while she was pregnant with her, but she didn't, because her mother didn't know what she could do then, and her mother would have actually loved her.

But then again, I'm not sure.

Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ Team WARNER!!! but i like adam too... i think i will be soo torn in the 2nd book...

Jennifer I was totally Team Adam in the first book and I usually NEVER go for the bad boys but OMG in Unravel Me Warner totally won me over!!!

Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ where did u get unravel me from??? if it is an ebook could someone plz email it or something i can't wait.. seriously i am desperate....

message 13: by Cookie (last edited Oct 19, 2012 09:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cookie ThE ARCs were being passed around. I was fortuitous enough to win one. And goodness, Warner kicked Kent's (yes, I'm not bothering to use his first name here) butt in Unravel Me!

Fafiliebe ♥ Prince Maxon ♥ Raffe ♥ Cookie wrote: "ThE ARCs were being passed around. I was fortuitous enough to win one. And goodness, Warner kicked Kent's (yes, I'm not bothering to use his first name here) butt in Unravel Me!"

oh yes ... hey could u give me a teaser as team warner ??? not a spoiler but something that would make me happy, thanx .. u can inbox it to me..

Nardie Is there even team warner??? If there is then i am Team Adam but i dont think this about teams, its about how do they both can touch her i am intersted in.

Jennifer Fafiliebe wrote: "oh yes ... hey could u give me a teaser as team warner ??? not a spoiler but something that would make me happy, thanx .. u can inbox it to me..
"

I put a bit of a teaser quote in my review! Enjoy! I wanted to just type out the whole chapter it was so good!
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 17: by Ejaz (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ejaz Jennifer wrote: "I was totally Team Adam in the first book and I usually NEVER go for the bad boys but OMG in Unravel Me Warner totally won me over!!!"
Exactly!

Suwelly team Adam. its always been Adam. it always will be team Adam

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah I think They can both touch Juliet because of the whole bird thing. Like how she used to dream about a bird until Adam showed up with the tattoo of the same bird? I think maybe Warner has a fancy bird connection too

acheekyling Team Kenji!!! LOL kidding guys. Just messing up because I can't hide my excitement!!!! And Adam and Warner issue thing bug me up too.

Kelsey On the one hand, I love Adam. He was great in Shatter Me, even more so in Unravel Me because we find out what he can do, and it's both heart wrenching and also brings about a 'forbidden love' vibe going on, which is always popular in novels.

Then, you have Warner. A really bad guy. Not a leather jacket-wearing, brings you home after curfew Jess Mariano bad guy. A real, shoot-people without mercy, kidnap and torture bad guy. But a really hot one. And one, who despite all of the rEALLY BAD THINGS, cares about (a very select few) people. I think he's obviously interested with Juliette's power and her presence, but I also think he sees a lot of himself in her and he cares for her for those reasons. And she's not a dumb female protagonist you know, she's smart and she can see a lot of her inner self in him. She can also see that he's not totally a lost cause, he does care and he can DO good.

I like both male characters a lot and I like the direction the story is going with taking down Anderson but I have a feeling that one male lead is going to end up dead at the end of this trilogy. Personally I like Adam and Warren, both care for Juliette in a very unselfish way, but I have to say after reading that one scene (you know the one) in Unravel Me I'm hoping she'll be with Warren or neither.

It's like they both understand her capacity for good and for helping people, but I think in terms of a relationship and helping each OTHER grow, Juliette is the only person who can do that for Warren. I think Adam is very strong and independent and needs someone to take care of, and Juliette needs to stand on her own and be with someone who stands BY her instead of standing up for her. Still a tough decision though because I LOVE THEM BOTH

Veronica im team adam Juliette new adam longer warner is just a hot guy with a dark soul that Juliette understands but it wont change him he will still be bark

Donna Kelsey wrote: "On the one hand, I love Adam. He was great in Shatter Me, even more so in Unravel Me because we find out what he can do, and it's both heart wrenching and also brings about a 'forbidden love' vibe ..."
Ok - i have to agree with you about some of them ending up dead. It just makes me sad. They are both awesome, but how else can she let Adam go, or Warner? And that one scene with Warner... omg. awesome.

Becky i really hope she ends up with warner because she honestly relied on adam so much and i couldnt help but notice that once they werent together, she started to become a stronger and independent person and warner understands her so much more and i feel like whenever warner and juliette have a conversation it can be about anything where as whenever juliette and adam have a conversation it's just about their love and how much they love each other or some sort of problem within their love. I dont even see that many characteristics to adam as his own person other than him loving juliette and how bitter he gets when hes not with her? anyways, shes probably going to end up with adam.

Cookie Becky wrote: "i really hope she ends up with warner because she honestly relied on adam so much and i couldnt help but notice that once they werent together, she started to become a stronger and independent pers..."

Even Juliette admitted that she felt strong when putting space between her and Adam. I felt like what is between Juliette and Adam is unadulterated lust instead of actual love. Warner's friendship with her is so much more realistic and not to mention so cute!

Betsy Warner and Adam have the same father!!
Juliette is stronger and can come clean with Warner without lies, she feels that she has to protect Adam and feels like she is finaly groing up away from him
Also Warner can touch her without limitations
he is stronger than Adam and its not falling apart or loosing his mind every other minute
I hope she ends up with Warner!!

message 27: by Dara (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dara ITS BECAUSE THEY SHARE THEIR FATHERS GENETICS. SORRY IM NOT SHOUTING MY CAPS BUTTON IS LEGITIMATELY STUCK

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

it seems all teen romances these days are cursed with the classics love triangle. One unremarkable girl (and how do all these unremarkable girls always get not one but TWO hot, amazing guys to fall in love with them? By being passive, average, and unexceptional in all ways, of course) is caught between two guys. Ever notice how it's never a girl fighting another girl for a guy? It's always two guys and one girl. One of the guys is always nice, sweet, caring, nurturing, and a bit of a pushover (and hot ). The other guy is always mysterious, dark, dangerous, troubled, and usually a bit of an a-hole (oh, and of course also hot .

Usually the mysterious guy treats the heroine like dirt, which of course makes her love him more. He is completely condescending, smug, and acts like he's superior to everyone around him, especially the annoyingly passive and sweet other guy in the love triangle.

And here's the real problem with love triangles. They are completely predictable. In EVERY SINGLE ONE, the heroine ends up with the mysterious guy.

It's rather good.
A lot of the books I've been reading lately have featured a strong female heroine of vaguely teenage years, caught up in either a dystopian world or a supernatural battle, and forced to choose between two awesome guys who both want her to be theirs.

Katniss, from Hunger Games, is the example most obviously on most people's minds, and they're right. She's competent, cool, and fully able to take care of herself, yet she's torn between the boy she's known all her life and the boy who keeps surprising her. Katniss' choice between the two of them shows us as much about her character as it does about our shifting ideas of what is desirable in men.

Invariably in these love triangles, the girl must choose between the slightly more mysterious, brooding and slightly dangerous man (Edward from Twilight, Ky from Matched, etc) and the more traditional good-guy who she's been friends with for ages (Jacob from Twilight, Xander from Matched, etc). What makes it really interesting, though, is that the men these girls choose are not the masculine, strong, friend-types. They choose the mysterious loners.

Why?

Some people have decried this movement in fiction as step backwards for women, citing the Bella/Edward relationship as a sign of seriously misaligned values.

Johnny Depp says in this quote' 'If you love two people at the same time, choose the second one, because if you really loved the first one you wouldn't have fallen for the second' is essentially true

he ones that work are those where you can't guess who the MC will end up with. Those are also the most frustrating, because I'd often have my choice firmly made -- and am biting my nails wondering if my choice is the right one. :)

Madison Omg.... who knew that Warner could be such a nice person.. I was so shocked that he ended up saving Juliette. But my heart still lies with the white bird with the golden crown (adam)

Cookie Madison wrote: "Omg.... who knew that Warner could be such a nice person.. I was so shocked that he ended up saving Juliette. But my heart still lies with the white bird with the golden crown (adam)"

It's possible that the white bird with the golden crown is Warner. Because remember how before Juliette met Warner, she dreamed about it for ten years. Then she lived with Warner for awhile and the dream went away too. She escaped and started dreaming again. But then warner got held captive and she didn't mention the bird anymore. Also the bird's characteristic is similar to those of Warner (golden hair, white body)

Donna She stopped dreaming of the bird once Adam moved into the cell w/her. Then she started again when she & Adam broke up. I think the bird represents possibly the freedom Adam afforded her. B/c when she started dreaming of the bird again - it was not getting anywhere, just flying in place. I think it represents the stagnation of their relationship, or possibly feeling trapped. Therefore, as much as I'm torn b/w the two men - b/c I do really like BOTH Adam & Warner - I think she'll end up w/Adam...

Madison Adam has always been there for her, while Warner kidnapped Adam and tortured him and hung him up to die... But after meeting him in the "prison" at the omega point she realized that he wasn't that bad. Then during the war.. she hated him and then loved him... but still i think her heart truly lies with Adam

Cookie When she started dreaming about the bird again it was before she and Adam broke up. You can't ignore the possibility that warner is actually the person who can set her free from her self made prison because he understood her so much better than Adam ever could. In destroy me Warner said he started training 10 years ago. Juliette also dreamed about the bird ten years ago. I don't think this similarity is a coincidence.

Nathalie After reading this, I am firmly rooting for Warner. Because like Juliette, I see hope that he can change. If not a total one-eighty, still enough to redeem some of his past faults. And his saving Juliette just proves that. I wonder how he'll react when he finds out Adam is his brother?

Kelsey pg. 340 Juliette talking to Warner and she thinks "I want to unravel him." and THE TITLE OF THE BOOK IS??? also in "Destroy Me" it's mentioned several times by Warner that Juliette "destroys him"

Jesten I always have been but now I'm officially in love with Warner. I don't know what's wrong with me but it's like every time he feels pain I'm getting stabbed through the heart and every minor victory makes me have that feeling you get when you ride a roller coaster. I like adam but Warner needs her more.

Jesten Raquel wrote: "Team Kenji!!! LOL kidding guys. Just messing up because I can't hide my excitement!!!! And Adam and Warner issue thing bug me up too."

Kenji needs to find a girl. I gladly volunteer.

message 38: by Lyne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyne Initially I favored Juliette/Adam however after reading the last two books, Destroy Me and Unravel Me, I will be quite a bit disappointed if Juliette chooses Adam in the end. Granted he is the safer, more comfortable choice BUT Warner is clearly a more interesting character and a relationship with Warner/Juliette would have more fire than Adam/Juliette.

Side note: When Juliette is with Adam I wonder if half the "thrill" she experiences with him is the adrenaline spike from her power (as she drains his energy) rather than her actual feelings...just a thought...

Where Unravel Me leaves off Juliette is confused, as she has fallen for both Adam and Warner. And at this point I feel that it would be more of a tragedy (sorry to be melodramatic about this...) for her to choose Adam rather than Warner. Without Juliette, Adam will manage fine, he'll move on evenutlaly and hopefully...grow up.

On the other hand, Warner without Juliette would be just SAD and depressing. The world, as it sees Warner, hates/fears him. Take Juliette away...where does that leave Warner? Not that her character would fulfill/change him and make his life worthwhile (way too cheesy!) but that she will be the person to urge/motivate him to reveal who he really is to the world.

In Destroy Me we found out the reason behind the soldier's execution at Warner's hands. Hopefully there will be similar revelations regarding other past actions of this character that will make him more human and far less a villain.

Can't wait for the next book to see how Warner is finally revealed to Juliette and all the other characters as a viable human being and not the psychopathic person he has pretended to be.

message 39: by Lyne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyne Nathalie wrote: "After reading this, I am firmly rooting for Warner. Because like Juliette, I see hope that he can change. If not a total one-eighty, still enough to redeem some of his past faults. And his saving J..."

I agree...however I was wondering if Warner overheard Adam and Juliette and already knows they are brothers.

message 40: by Lyne (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lyne Ultimately she should choose who she is most comfortable/at home with. Juliette admits that she feels like she has to hide who she is to Adam b/c he'll stop caring for her if he knew everything. However with Warner she is completely at ease and it doesn't bother her that he knows so much about her.

However, Mafi did a great job of getting the majority of readers to root for Juliette/Adam after the first book. Now she seems to be steering us in the direction of a Warner/Juliette relationship. This is probably the more confusing/nail biting love triangles I've ever read and I am sincerely hoping Juliette chooses Warner.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

It was a little too coincidental that out of all of the characters, of course the two brothers are the only ones who can touch her (as far as we know). I like the theory that only those who love her can touch her, but they do a lot of testing and experimenting in the second book that kind of disproves that.Adam is totally the 'safer' choice, but it seems to me that she and Warner just have more together.It kind of reminds me of the whole Katniss/Peeta/Gale thing in The Hunger Games

Sarika Patkotwar I also think it's because they share the same blood. But if they actually do, then shouldn't Adam and Warner's dad also be able to touch Juliette without any problems?

The Book Devourer TEAM WARNER ALL THE WAY!

Robin (Bridge Four) So I don't hate Warner anymore but I still want to. I really don't want to like him (he would have still killed Adam in Shatter me no matter what his other misunderstood actions were about) and I'm gonna end up in that boat where I like the good guy and she chooses the misunderstood asshole /sigh.
However, as for the power thing goes with Adam and Warner here is my theory. She won't be safe with either. Adam can block her like a shield and with practice he can possibly control it. Warner absorbs or amplifies her power. I think the story could run the other direction that they could explode if they got too carried away. It was hinted when talking with the 'girls' that it was a possibility to destroy yourself and Juliette almost died when she got carried away and hit the floor the first time in the lab.
So I think neither will end up being the guy she has to be with. She will have to get control of her own power learn to accept who she is and what she can do. She will have to learn how to absorb or possibly give power to someone else to control the intake and output of the energy around her. I hope that Mafi makes it so that she is in control of her own destiny and strength. Instead of needing someone to save her.
Ultimately I think Adam is the deep down in your soul kind of love (why does he have that tatoo if he isn't) and Warner is just untamed passion which is hot but burns out quickly.

Cookie Robin wrote: "So I don't hate Warner anymore but I still want to. I really don't want to like him (he would have still killed Adam in Shatter me no matter what his other misunderstood actions were about) and I'm..."

It is revealed to us in Destroy Me and Unravel Me just how unfortunate and torturous Warner's childhood was. His father, the man who was suppose to be the one to show him how to love and teach him life lessons, ended up abused him verbally and physically since he was four years old and has not stop. Warner became how he is as a mode of defense against his father, primarily, but as he grew up, no one was willing to take a chance on him either. Everybody already accepted the fact that hating him is universal, so that shell hardened, because if all he ever knew was hate, how do you expect him to learn how to be kind? Only Juliette was willing to probe behind his protective mask. And in turn Warner took his time to know Juliette's story instead of judging her right from the start. They talked a lot and were only willing to share private stories with each other. Unlike when Juliette was with Adam. Whenever she is with him, all they did was throwing themselves at each other, literally. I feel the connection between W and J runs so much deeper than mere lust, at level entirely different from that of A and J. This, of course, is just my opinion.

message 46: by Robin (last edited Feb 21, 2013 06:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Robin (Bridge Four) Cookie wrote: Whenever she is with him, all they did was throwing themselves at each other, literally. I feel the connection between W and J runs so much deeper than mere lust, at level entirely different from that of A and J. This, of course, is just my opinion."

Give the girl a break she hadn't been touched in years. Mafi did need to separate J from A a little to get the story to progress and her character to grow. But I understand your perspective and perhaps if Adam had read her diary like Warner did (total invasion of privacy btw) he would know all of her secrets too and could have gotten her to open up differently. I'm on the fence about Warner I will not deny the he is the more interesting of all the characters but that said I loved Adam in Shatter Me and will not be quick to let go of that (even if it means my heart is broken in book 3). He also comes from that same past that Warner had and became a different person.

It will be interesting to see the direction Mafi takes this in the third book. I'm looking for a Juliette that kicks ass and doesn't 'need' anyone so she can choose the right one for her ultimately.

I like her and Adam together mainly because she needs someone to ground her, sorta a yin yang thing. Warner needs someone to align him in a positive direction and currently in the book they are both spinning a little out of control. Just my opinion and I get the love triangle ending wrong at least 50% of the time so what do I know. :P

Bianca Sarika wrote: "I also think it's because they share the same blood. But if they actually do, then shouldn't Adam and Warner's dad also be able to touch Juliette without any problems?"

Or they get if from their mother(s)

message 48: by Seo (last edited Feb 24, 2013 01:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Seo Eun Kenji :))))) xDDD Lol! hmmm? about that! i really dunno :)i'm a lil bit confused :))))))))))))

Jessica Cookie wrote: "Madison wrote: "Omg.... who knew that Warner could be such a nice person.. I was so shocked that he ended up saving Juliette. But my heart still lies with the white bird with the golden crown (adam..."

That's just creepy. Yo my names Adam and the bird tattooed on my chest its totally my ex girlfriends douche bag boyfriend.

message 50: by Vindictev (last edited May 18, 2013 05:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vindictev Jessica wrote: "Cookie wrote: "Madison wrote: "Omg.... who knew that Warner could be such a nice person.. I was so shocked that he ended up saving Juliette. But my heart still lies with the white bird with the gol..."

Wait, when was Warner ever a douchebag to Juliette? At least he cared enough to understand and not judge her. I never see Adam caring about Juliette's feelings. Instead he whines about not being able to touch her when she's clearly troubled about touching anybody she might hurt. Warner cared about Juliette even before he knew that he was able to touch her.

Cookie wrote: "And in turn Warner took his time to know Juliette's story instead of judging her right from the start. They talked a lot and were only willing to share private stories with each other. Unlike when Juliette was with Adam. Whenever she is with him, all they did was throwing themselves at each other, literally. I feel the connection between W and J runs so much deeper than mere lust, at level entirely different from that of A and J. This, of course, is just my opinion.
"

This. Just all of this.

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Unravel Me (other topics)