Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

The Bones of the Earth (Dark Age Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about The Bones of the Earth
Literary Fiction > GIVEAWAY till the end of June

Comments (showing 1-1 of 1) (1 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Scott Bury (ScottBury) | 10 comments While some may characterize my novel as "fantasy," I would like to propose it is "literary," as well, because if focuses on people: realistic, flawed people, their emotions and particularly on the spiritual journey of the main character, Javor.

Because I deliberatedly defied the rules of genres, I'm giving away a copy in the electronic version of your choice to anyone who can describe at least TWO of the rules of the genre that I broke in this novel.

For samples, you can read Chapter 1 on my blog, and Chapter 2 on Find a Good Book to Read at

Then leave your answer as a comment at

Hope to see your comments!

I could not put this book down. This story will keep you totally absorbed and the plot twists are never ending. Scott Bury has managed to capture the quality of fantasy mixed with the historical reality of the times to present a truly remarkable and magical story. I highly recommend this book!
Marilou George, Kindle Book Review

The most epic action scene I have ever read: a battle with a dragon. Talk about vivid!
Elise Stokes, author of the Cassidy Jones series of middle-grade/young adult novels

When you follow the main character, Javor, you can expect excitement. What you can't expect are the plot twists. The most unforgivable sin in any form of storytelling is predictability. That is not an issue with this book. You never know what's around the next curve in the road, hidden in a dark cave, or even whom you can trust. Just when you think it's safe—WHAM!

The story pulls you in, and the action pushes you from one page to the next. It's a heck of a good story, and I highly recommend it.
KD Rush, author of the Rush Report blog

unread topics | mark unread