Historical Romance discussion

General Discussion on HR Books > Looking for some good Mail-Order Bride romances

Comments (showing 1-12 of 12) (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Doreen | 80 comments Linda Lael Miller wrote about a mail order bride in at least one of her McKettrick series, and all of them are well worth reading.

namericanwordcat | 211 comments Good mail order bride books...

The Bride Wore Spurs by Sharon Ihle
Texas Destiny (Texas Trilogy, #1) by Lorraine Heath
Sixteen Brides by Stephanie Grace Whitson
The Endearment by LaVyrle Spencer
Beloved Wife by Lynda Trent

message 3: by Lisa Kay (last edited Jun 26, 2012 10:16AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 264 comments Read & Liked

Heartbreak Creek (Runaway Brides #1) by Kaki Warner High Country Bride (McKettrick Cowboys, #1) (McKettricks, #1) by Linda Lael Miller A Taste Of Heaven by Alexis Harrington Train Station Bride by Holly Bush The Barefoot Bride by Joan Johnston Yankee Wife (Quaid, #1) by Linda Lael Miller Come Spring (Flowers, #4) by Jill Marie Landis Brides of Prairie Gold by Maggie Osborne

Haven't Read Yet
Sky's Bridal Train by Margo Hansen McCavett's Bride by Carol Finch The Perfect Wife by Mary Burton Cooper's Wife (Harlequin Historical Series, #485)  by Jillian Hart The Bridal Veil by Alexis Harrington The Hand-Me-Down Family by Winnie Griggs Mail-Order Marriages (includes Alaska, #3) by Jillian Hart (read one of the stories in this last one)

Miranda Owen (autarkia79) | 37 comments Jodi Thomas does a great historical cowboy "wife lottery" series that is basically the same type of thing:

http://www.shelfari.com/series/Wife-L...

Sarah (saritz) | 11 comments I'd like to recommend:

Eye of the Beholder (Nebraska Historicals #3) by Ruth Ann Nordin Heartbreak Creek (Runaway Brides #1) by Kaki Warner The Bridal Veil by Alexis Harrington A Taste Of Heaven by Alexis Harrington

This one's pretty good but it's about a mail-order husband:

In Trouble's Arms by Ronda Thompson

namericanwordcat | 211 comments I love mail order husband books.

I read
In Want of a Wife (Bitter Springs #3) by Jo Goodman last night and it was a five star read for me. Soooooo goooooood.

message 8: by Miranda (last edited Jul 13, 2014 11:36AM) (new)

Miranda Owen (autarkia79) | 37 comments namericanwordcat wrote: "I love mail order husband books.

I read
In Want of a Wife (Bitter Springs #3) by Jo Goodman last night and it was a five star read for me. Soooooo goooooood."

I've been meaning to read In Want of a Wife. Were there a lot of stupid misunderstandings? That's the only thing I worry about.

namericanwordcat | 211 comments Not at all. There was periods that they didn't share with each other but it was reasonable. The dialogue is excellent.

Andy Mcclure | 7 comments Sounds good! Now added to my TBR list.

Jultri | 50 comments namericanwordcat wrote: "I love mail order husband books.

I read
In Want of a Wife (Bitter Springs #3) by Jo Goodman last night and it was a five star read for me. Soooooo goooooood."

I love Jo Warner books with their wonderfully detailed and multidimensional characters and exceptionally sharp-witted dialogue. I also second Kaki Warner's Heartbreak Creek who is another brilliant author in the American Historical/Western genre. A contemporary mail order bride story that was quite a decent read is Duncan's Bride

Debbie Oxier | 16 comments Jultri wrote: "namericanwordcat wrote: "I love mail order husband books.

I read

I love Jo Warner books..."

Duncan's Bride is one of my Linda Howard favorites.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Bride Wore Spurs (other topics)
Texas Destiny (other topics)
Sixteen Brides (other topics)
The Endearment (other topics)
Beloved Wife (other topics)
More...