The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

Favourite character?

Comments (showing 1-20 of 20) (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 12, 2012 12:11PM) (new)

My favourite is Finnick!

What about you?

Abel rue

Elizabeth FINNICK IS AWESOME!!!!

Elise Prim :D

Jennifer Why Finnick? I loved Cinna as a character, who stood out from the other Capital people and generally cared about Katniss. However, he was not in the book a great deal. Gale grows on me throughout the books as does Haymitch. =)

Bookworm7 i like either prim or rue, but i can't decide which i like better...i was sooo upset when rue died!!!

Bookworm7 o and cinna, too, because he seems all sweet and kind.

Kelly I know this is generic but my favorite character is Peeta. He stays true to himself through the entire series. Even when he is hijacked he does everything he can to become Peeta again. How can you not love him he is truethful, kind, loving, faithful, loyal, an overall good person. I know some might think that as boring but, I would rather have that than all the drama that would come with the majority of the rest.

Next would be a tie between Finnick because he is just so sexy and Haymitch who is just an sarcastic ass with a big heart.

Jennifer Kelly wrote: "I know this is generic but my favorite character is Peeta. He stays true to himself through the entire series. Even when he is hijacked he does everything he can to become Peeta again. How can you ..."

I totally agree with everything you said! I think everyone has to have a soft spot for Peeta really!

Maddy Katniss
Girl with mean archery skills+love triangle+protective sister=bad ass! Sorry if y'all got a problem with that, I really am, but I like katniss more than peeta and gale after the ovie came out.

Aiyana, A PotterWhoLockian Peeta, and cinna, Peeta, because he's amazing and Cinna because he's amazing as well...

Linda My favorite characters are Peeta, Katniss, and Finnick

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Jennifer wrote: "Why Finnick? I loved Cinna as a character, who stood out from the other Capital people and generally cared about Katniss. However, he was not in the book a great deal. Gale grows on me throughout t..."

Because he got forced to be a prostitute but he still loves Annie through all of that and he risked his life by going to the Capitol in the war+died.

Nicole D. So far Katniss,Peeta and Rue.But I am only on book one.

Amber My favorite is Rue. But I also definetly love Katniss, Peeta, and Cinna. I think I like Rue the best because she is portrayed as such an innocent character and I like that.

Rosie Peeta

Payton Rue, most diffenetly

Vanessa I've only read the first book but I totally love Katniss, she is the ultimate powerful woman.
I think that Peeta, Prim and Rue are really good characters but they just need to be more explored

Rachel katniss and finnick

message 20: by ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} (last edited Jun 21, 2012 10:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

ϮAʛʛⅇℛʊℵʛ {Supernatural Freak} I have a major problem with deciding a favorite character because the majority of them are awesome. So many of them are so unique, I can't help but like them so much tht I can't say which I like most.

Peeta is amazing because he wants to stay true to himself, and his struggle to keep Katniss protected at the cost of himself is very touching. He's an all around likable character because he always seems to know what to say, but he proves he's human with his self-depreciation and losing his temper.

Haymitch, wow, this guy just plain cracks me up. We both are extremely sarcastic when we want to be. :P He's a good strategist, proven by getting two tributes home to his district.

Katniss is such a great character in my opinion. She's self-reliant, she is skilled in woodcraft, she's loyal, she loves her younger sister so much she's willing to die for her, and she can't forget good acts others do for her.

Finnick may not be in the first book, but he is without a doubt one of my favs. His personality immediately had me cracking up. Plus, I really came to like him even more when his history is revealed in Mockingjay.

Cinna is amazing. The most decent, intelligent, and likeable Capitol Citizen ever born into that ridiculous society. He doesn't feel the need to change his body beyond recognition, and he doesn't approve of the hunger games. I love how he befriends Katniss, and helps her become the figure she is with his fashion genius. For him, the outfits are more than making Katniss stand out, he wants them to carry a message.

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

The Hunger Games (other topics)