Rated YA-MA discussion

Historical Fiction > River of Time series by Lisa Tawn Bergren

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stacia (the 2010 club), groupaholic (last edited Jan 17, 2014 11:28AM) (new)

Nadia Bashoo I read Waterfall, the first book in this trilogy. It was engaging enough, but the romance lacked in emotion for me. I just didn't feel it, and I thought the ending was a bit silly, so I gave the other two books a miss.

Maree  ♫ Light's Shadow ♪ | 227 comments I read the first one and it was enjoyable despite the too-useful coincidences. I would read the other ones if I could be bothered enough to get them, which I haven't been at the moment.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) | 4759 comments Maree, I remember that we read Waterfall and compared notes around the same time. The main girl's ability to fight seemed all too convenient, even with her fencing training. Because we all know that handling a fencing foil and handling a broadsword are definitely not the same thing.

I'd like to continue with the series at some point, however.

Maree  ♫ Light's Shadow ♪ | 227 comments Oh, so much so, lol. Fencing is about landing the first touch with only a tapped defense - you get hit so much in fencing. You'd need a lot of extra training (not to mention the weight of the sword!). And the ability to speak Italian.

But I think I really enjoyed the romance and how it built over time, for once.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) | 4759 comments I just noticed that this series is getting a book 5. Is there anyone who's current with the books? I'm debating whether to pick up book 2 or not.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Waterfall (other topics)
Cascade (other topics)
Torrent (other topics)
Deluge (other topics)
Bourne & Tributary (other topics)