YA LGBT Books discussion

Archived Threads > Anniversary Game #2 - Reading is Its Own Reward (but prizes don't hurt) Part 1 - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Comments (showing 1-30 of 30) (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaje (last edited Jun 12, 2012 01:06PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 11939 comments The first quiz for our Anniversary Bash rewarded those who hang out on the threads being sociable (or those who are good guessers.) Now it's time to give a chance to those who actually read the books.

This quiz tests your knowledge of (or research skills regarding) YA LGBT stories and characters:

Match the Title to the Main Character(s) or the Plot Line

(and no, I'm not giving you links in the questions. You're welcome to check Goodreads listings - that's not cheating if you care to take the time, but I'm not making it that easy.) Feel free to look things up, feel free to just guess.

There are no intentional minor errors – if the only thing wrong with an answer is a typo, go for it. Good luck (and welcome to some good reading.)

The Second Game: www.goodreads.com/quizzes/18003-ya-lg...

Although the quiz will remain up, winners will be chosen at random from the highest scores listed by 10PM Eastern Time on Wed. 13th

message 2: by Kaje (last edited Jun 13, 2012 08:05PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 11939 comments *** The Winners (all with 15/15) are:

Cayce

Samantha Boyette

Enny

Winners please look at the prize vault and PM Sammy with your choice and an email address so the author can get in touch with you!! Thank you!!

Congratulations!!!

message 3: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 4909 comments Oh dear...8 out of 15...sigh!!!

message 4: by K (new)

K (K-polipetl) | 4083 comments Oooh, fun! I shall have to do this one at home this evening as I will need to think and concentrate.... which is difficult whilst I am at work (that sounds wrong doesn't it, I do concentrate at work, but on work, IYSWIM)

message 5: by Elci (new)

Elci   | 825 comments Holy cow. I officially need to read more YA. 6/15...goes to hide head in shame =)

message 6: by Byron (last edited Jun 12, 2012 05:05AM) (new)

Byron (byft) | 1060 comments Hmmm Kaje!!(had to edit the name!) this is a REALLY tough one.. hehehe

I managed to get 14/15 I don't know which one I got wrong but I had to look a couple of answers up, and also went through my copies of most of those books.. and found one missing.. :(

message 7: by Byron (new)

Byron (byft) | 1060 comments OMG ---- I know which one I got wrong now.. I hang my head in shame... shame shame shame.. :(

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

I have an advantage to this, I remember every book I read.

message 9: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 11939 comments Hannah L wrote: "I have an advantage to this, I remember every book I read."

Next one is quotes - we'll see how you do on that ;)

message 10: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 12, 2012 10:34AM) (new)

I'll probably do better on that one than I did on this one.
I got 5/15.... only heard of some of the books..

message 11: by Kat (new)

Kat (cutestsubever) | 3692 comments Damn, that was difficult! It took me forever :) 14/15 Yay :D

message 12: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 11939 comments Kat wrote: "Damn, that was difficult! It took me forever :) 14/15 Yay :D"

Wow - good score!

message 13: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 11939 comments Hannah L wrote: "I'll probably do better on that one than I did on this one.
I got 5/15.... only heard of some of the books.."

Yeah, I picked my own reading and most of the group BotM and AotM books, so if you were around the group a long time (or read a lot of my favorites) you would have an advantage - or if you decided to go do look-ups.)

Good luck with the next one.

message 14: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Hall | 560 comments Well, considering I've never read ANY of the books in the quiz, and gave up even reading the questions by question 5 and just clicking buttons, I guess 10/15 is not so bad.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Kat wrote: "Damn, that was difficult! It took me forever :) 14/15 Yay :D"
Well done Kat!!
And thanks Kaje. :)

message 16: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 11939 comments Lizzie wrote: "Well, considering I've never read ANY of the books in the quiz, and gave up even reading the questions by question 5 and just clicking buttons, I guess 10/15 is not so bad."

Wow, good guessing! Maybe knowing too much is a hindrance, eh? Thanks for playing (and I think we need to get you reading more - some really good books in there :)

message 17: by K (new)

K (K-polipetl) | 4083 comments Kat wrote: "Damn, that was difficult! It took me forever :) 14/15 Yay :D"

*cough-swot-cough*

:)

message 18: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Hall | 560 comments Kaje wrote: "Lizzie wrote: "Well, considering I've never read ANY of the books in the quiz, and gave up even reading the questions by question 5 and just clicking buttons, I guess 10/15 is not so bad."

Wow, go..."

I will when I've got through my whole FOUR books I need to read. Yeah, four, a lot I know, LOL ;) One of them is yours though so :P

I GOT MORE THAN SAMMY. I feel quite proud, hehe.

message 19: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 11939 comments K wrote: "Kat wrote: "Damn, that was difficult! It took me forever :) 14/15 Yay :D"

*cough-swot-cough*

:)"

LOL - I'm glad someone is putting in as much time taking it as I put into writing it :) (Besides I think it doesn't count as swot when there are prizes.)

message 20: by Kaje (last edited Jun 12, 2012 01:16PM) (new)

Kaje Harper | 11939 comments Lizzie wrote: "I will when I've got through my whole FOUR books I need to read. Yeah, four, a lot I know, LOL ;) One of them is yours though so :P

I GOT MORE THAN SAMMY. I feel quite proud, hehe. ..."

Go you! (Although I'm going to pretend I didn't hear a 14-year-old plan to read one of mine ;) If you do, I hope you like it, though. Just remember *yea, yeah, you know this* it is explicit.

message 21: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Hall | 560 comments Kaje wrote: "Lizzie wrote: "I will when I've got through my whole FOUR books I need to read. Yeah, four, a lot I know, LOL ;) One of them is yours though so :P

I GOT MORE THAN SAMMY. I feel quite proud, hehe. ..."

*whistles innocently* I wasn't planning on it at ALL Kaje....;)

message 22: by Kat (new)

Kat (cutestsubever) | 3692 comments K wrote: "Kat wrote: "Damn, that was difficult! It took me forever :) 14/15 Yay :D"

*cough-swot-cough*

:)"

*sticks tongue out at K and glares*

message 23: by K (new)

K (K-polipetl) | 4083 comments Kat wrote: "*sticks tongue out at K and glares*"

Ah but you luffs me really *silly grin*

message 24: by Kat (new)

Kat (cutestsubever) | 3692 comments K wrote: "Kat wrote: "*sticks tongue out at K and glares*"

Ah but you luffs me really *silly grin*"

LOL Yeah, I do *grins back*

message 25: by Myka (new)

Myka (MykaRamos) | 83 comments I got only 10 :P Man I should have done better considering I concentrated my YA adult lit class last semester on looking for GLBT friendly books, but there were even books listed I hadn't heard about :P

message 26: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 11939 comments Ashlyn wrote: "I got only 10 :P Man I should have done better considering I concentrated my YA adult lit class last semester on looking for GLBT friendly books, but there were even books listed I hadn't heard abo..."

See, a bonus for doing the quiz. There are some good books out there. Ten isn't bad, if you weren't doing any look-up.

message 27: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 11939 comments Winners will be announced shortly...

message 28: by Myka (new)

Myka (MykaRamos) | 83 comments Kaje wrote: "See, a bonus for doing the quiz. There are some good books out there. Ten isn't bad, if you weren't doing any look-up..."

Of course I didn't look. Looking them up is cheating to me.

message 29: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 11939 comments Ashlyn wrote: "Kaje wrote: "See, a bonus for doing the quiz. There are some good books out there. Ten isn't bad, if you weren't doing any look-up..."

Of course I didn't look. Looking them up is cheating to me."

Well, I specifically said people could if they wanted to - some folks haven't read many of these, so I gave the option (no guilt, just fun.) Not like out prizes are worth big bucks.

I had to do lookups on the Wed one (the group stories) or I'd have been totally out of luck, but I plan to try today's cold and see how I do.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Well done to the winners! :)

unread topics | mark unread