Leviathan (Leviathan, #1) Leviathan discussion

Need to make a movie!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 55) (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

⚡Django This book would make THE best movie! I don't understand why they haven't yet.

Peeves Totally. Absolutely. But it kinda resembles Mulan.. maybe thats why?

⚡Django I don't know. I would see it.

Rahel Abraham yes please because the book is so visual there was a major motion picture in my head when i read it

Bookwyrm13 have to be done by the people from stardust or the golden compass, has that sort of feel to me....

Amaranth This would make an awesome movie!!! The steampunk elements and different animals would look great onscreen.

Roan I agree. If ever they will make a movie out of this and they don't mess it up, that will be a HIT for sure!

message 8: by Ana (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ana This would so make a great movie!!!

Kaitlyn I would definitely watch this as a movie! It would be so cool to see the animals come to life, and of course the pictures make you visualize everything when you read anyway, so why not make the movie?

Mackenzie It might just be me, but I think this book would be kind of awesome as a Studio Ghibli movie.

Kendrastarr This would be an epic movie. Most of my class was totally hooked on these books (including me). It was kinda funny because the school library only had Leviathan. Then I bought Behemoth and I didn't see it for about two months while all the other fans read it. Then another kid got Goliath for Christmas and he didn't see it for about two months while the rest of us fans passed it around. These are soooo good.
In class we had to take a Young Readers Choice vote. Leviathan and The Maze Runner were in the same category. Hardest decision of my life. I can't even remember which one I chose!!!

message 12: by Roan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Roan Mackenzie wrote: "It might just be me, but I think this book would be kind of awesome as a Studio Ghibli movie."

YES! please!

Tyler Brown this book would be a good mivie TROLLLOLOLOLOLOLO

⚡Django Alan Rickman should be Volger

Roxanne Guerin Django wrote: "Alan Rickman should be Volger"

That would be awesome!!!

Jeffery Moulton Roxanne wrote: "Django wrote: "Alan Rickman should be Volger"

That would be awesome!!!"

Agree! He would make a perfect Volger!

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, the books have several elements that would make a great movie: fantastical creatures, weird machines and witty characters.

Oakleigh Aguirre this would be a great movie, but i dont think anybody could do justice to the plot and scenery.

⚡Django Jeffery wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "Django wrote: "Alan Rickman should be Volger"

Agree! He would make a perfect Volger!"

But on the other hand, Volger is supposed to be german. (austrian, whatever) But Rickman is clearly british.

message 20: by Joey (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joey V. ⚡Django wrote: "Jeffery wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "Django wrote: "Alan Rickman should be Volger"

But on the other hand, Volger is supposed to be ge..."

Pretty sure Rickman could fake a believable accent. However, my first choice for Volger would be Gary Oldman. Either of the two would be great, of course.

Darlene These books would make amazinggg movies!!!
It would be so fun to watch. I would definitely prefer these to become movies than the Uglies series. Emma Watson with her pixie cut looks almost exactly how I pictured Deryn.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Something that annoys me about accents in movies; no matter if someone is from France or Denmark, or anywhere else, they usually end up with an English accent. Maybe it's because American filmmakers think this provides instant sophistication and a foreign quality.

Isaac M That would be amazing! And I agree with Verity, If they are going to make a film I really hope they cast foreign actors or at least make the actors have foreign accents! The movie would be hopeless if all the characters are british!
The main reason (in my opinion) why they won't make it into the movie is because the book was just so complex! We would lose a LOT of details and scenes from the book in a film adaption... maybe a TV program?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

So I'm going to try to go into this with optimism and a little bit of skeptical criticism.

I like the concept of the film. Yet, I predict with its lavish imagery and wholeheartedly creative sets, this movie may need a budget of over 100 million to sustain both concept and cast.

If this was made into a movie however, it would be excellent on a storytelling scale. It would be exciting, visually stunning (if given the right budget on a passionate foundation) and enticing to a young audience.

message 25: by Alexa (last edited Oct 30, 2012 09:33AM) (new)

Alexa ⚡Django wrote: "This book would make THE best movie! I don't understand why they haven't yet." I totally agree with you, but I think it hasn't happened yet because It's a huge cast, it would have complicated sets and costumes, and not to mention finding a director and producer.

message 26: by Alexa (new)

Alexa Roan wrote: "Mackenzie wrote: "It might just be me, but I think this book would be kind of awesome as a Studio Ghibli movie."

YES! please!"

OMG! yes!

Kristine This would really make a stunning movie.

message 28: by Dave (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dave Strider Mackenzie wrote: "It might just be me, but I think this book would be kind of awesome as a Studio Ghibli movie."

Idk, studio ghibli is fantastic but this would look way more spectacular if it was done with real actors and cgi versus animation

Rachel Ya this movie would be AMAZING!

Isabel It would be one of the few movies i would be willing to go to the midenight showing for. so yes pleace make a movie of it.

⚡Django I mean, Hollywood loves these kinds of action movies!

Joshua I agree with all of you. This would make a movie series that would battle the Lord of the Rings movie series, but I think this might do infinitely better. Guillermo del Toro should direct it simply because he has a better grasp on the shap and conceptual design of fictional animals. Dakota Fanning would probably bring Deryn to her best. Beyond all that, this being made into a movie series would bring Steampunk out into the open for more people to be inspired by it.

message 33: by Ryan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ryan Filipsic YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 34: by Abby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby I don't really think this would translate into film very well.

message 35: by Abby (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abby Abby wrote: "I don't really think this would translate into film very well."

okay maybe a Ghibli film. Actually I could see that as amazing but I don't see him doing it.

message 36: by J.T. (new) - rated it 5 stars

J.T. SHEA Joey wrote: "⚡Django wrote: "Jeffery wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "Django wrote: "Alan Rickman should be Volger"

But on the other hand, Volger is s..."

Alan Rickman played a German in 'DIE HARD' and an Irish-American in 'MICHAEL COLLINS', both very well.

Temple Hell yeah! I would love this book to be a movie I would pay to watch it!!

krystal i don't care if they cut out the main chracters or whatever, i want a movie because FlYING WHALE

message 39: by Lisa (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lisa I thought this when I was reading the book! Mostly because I wanted to share the story with my boyfriend who doesn't like reading as I know he would love it!

Matthew Hall Movie Please. Summer of 2014

Matthew Hall It would be awesome!! and they need to make a video game about it too.

Matthew Hall there is one like it but it is only machines (called Airmech avalible on Steam) (and they have twitter find em at www.twitter.com/playAirMech

That Girl with the Glasses This would make an interesting movie, but the CG and other special effects have to be on-point [which is more possible now than ever], and the director/producer and screenwriter should all work with Mr. Westerfield if at all possible, to keep the spirit of the novel intact. Some scenes would likely have to be cut, and the dual perspectives streamlined for a one movie per book release, but I feel like the movie could still be interesting...so long as it's got more than the obviously hefty special effects to carry it.

Kalina That's what I think since I read it! But maybe with all the creatures and machines it's hard to be made into a movie. Still I would love to see it.

That Girl with the Glasses Kalina wrote: "That's what I think since I read it! But maybe with all the creatures and machines it's hard to be made into a movie. Still I would love to see it."

Actually, now that I think of it...
If this were made into a movie, I'd love for it to be directed by Guillermo del Toro. He went above and beyond in constructing the monsters and robots for Pacific Rim. He'd probably be able to work his magic on Clankers and Beasties for this series quite well.

Kalina That Girl wrote: "Kalina wrote: "That's what I think since I read it! But maybe with all the creatures and machines it's hard to be made into a movie. Still I would love to see it."

Actually, now that I think of it..."

I haven't watched it but I'm sure they can make the robots and monsters, after all there are so many movies including machines and vreatures that don't exist that it wouldn't be so hard making Leviathan's.

Jeffery Moulton Joey wrote: "⚡Django wrote: "Jeffery wrote: "Roxanne wrote: "Django wrote: "Alan Rickman should be Volger"

But on the other hand, Volger is s..."

Gary Oldman would also be an excellent choice. But for me he just doesn't have the same menacing screen presence as Rickman, but maybe that is just me. I don't think the accent would be a problem for either.

Maarten Brok A film would be great. I agree with the people who suggested Studio Ghibli; they can certainly do fantastic monsters and machines, and though I usually don't care about film adaptations at all, I would really like to see clankers in action.

Human I also agree-a movie would be great.

James ⚡Django wrote: "This book would make THE best movie! I don't understand why they haven't yet."

Maybe... high budget? and it hasn't exactly been "Hunger Games" famous.

« previous 1

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Leviathan (other topics)