Shut Up & Read discussion

Archives > July Group Read- Indie Authors

Comments (showing 1-33 of 33) (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanecia , The bookworm (last edited Jun 10, 2012 05:34PM) (new)

Tanecia  (books101) | 3850 comments Mod
Post your suggestions for July's BOTM here! The theme for July is "Independent Authors" to help celebrate Independence Day coming up next month! This thread is only to nominate books by Independent Authors" (any genre or book is welcomed)!

If you agree with someone else's selection, just say I second this selection and then link the book name.

If nominating a book in a series, only nominate the 1st book in the series (unless we've already group read the 1st book).

Vote for a book of a different book here: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/9...

Voting poll will be put up at the end of June.
Thanks!!

message 2: by Margaret (new)

message 3: by Richard (new)

Richard (amazoncomauthorricharddparker) | 183 comments I'm a bit partial to this one...hehe

The Black Horseman

message 4: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (writeralicia) I nominate Moon Spell, by Samantha Young. It's YA paranormal romance, and I've been meaning to read it.

Moon Spell (The Tale of Lunarmorte, #1) by Samantha Young

⚝  Ŧáẅņá ⚝ (allforlost) | 479 comments I think this is an independent author and the book sounds interesting:

Replay by Robin Brande

message 6: by Katie (new)

message 7: by Sheri, Princess of Power (last edited Jun 11, 2012 07:51AM) (new)

Sheri | 10246 comments Mod
I nominate...
Dreams of Darkness by Barry James

Great book!
Here's my review if you're interested :)
http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 8: by Kari (new)

Kari I think this would qualify.... Exiled (Immortal Essence, #1) by RaShelle Workman

message 9: by Alicia (last edited Jun 11, 2012 08:32AM) (new)

Alicia (writeralicia) ⚝ Ŧáẅņá ⚝ wrote: "I think this is an independent author and the book sounds interesting:"

Hey Ŧáẅņá. Thanks for bringing this author to my attention! That particular book of hers doesn't interest me so much, but she's got others that I'm quite excited about. :)

message 10: by Caron (last edited Jun 11, 2012 09:41AM) (new)

Caron Rider | 13 comments I nominate Vengeance of the Wolf by Solitaire Parke as I have just started it and it seems like it will be a good read.

⚝  Ŧáẅņá ⚝ (allforlost) | 479 comments Alicia wrote: "⚝ Ŧáẅņá ⚝ wrote: "I think this is an independent author and the book sounds interesting:"

Hey Ŧáẅņá. Thanks for bringing this author to my attention! That particular book of hers doesn't interest..."

Your welcome! I have not read anything by her yet so I am hoping to start soon :)

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley I second Dreams of Darkness.

message 13: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Caron wrote: "I nominate Vengeance of the Wolf by Solitaire Parke as I have just started it and it seems like it will be a good read."

I have this one also and I cannot wait to read it !

message 14: by Tanecia , The bookworm (last edited Jun 11, 2012 03:57PM) (new)

I nominate Entangled (Spellbound #1) by Nikki Jefford I read this a couple of weeks ago and I loved it!!

message 15: by Emmalee (new)

Emmalee Aple (EmmaleeAple) | 38 comments Neophyte by Emmalee Aple i think you would all enjoy it.

message 16: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new)

Ashley wrote: "I second Dreams of Darkness."

Yay!

message 17: by Christie (new)

Christie Rich | 337 comments Tt wrote: "I nominate Entangled by Cat Clarke I read this a couple of weeks ago and I loved it!!"

I second Entangled. I need to read it. LOL.

message 18: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca | 3 comments Emmalee wrote: "Neophyte by Emmalee Aple i think you would all enjoy it."

It looks great, I second Neophyte, thanks!

message 19: by Christie (new)

Christie Rich | 337 comments That's weird. It showed the wrong book above.

It should have been

Entangled (Spellbound #1) by Nikki Jefford

message 20: by Alicia (last edited Jun 12, 2012 09:41AM) (new)

Alicia (writeralicia) Christie wrote: "That's weird. It showed the wrong book above."

I had that happen to me as well. I replied to Tawna's nomination of Replay, and it showed the wrong Replay book. (I deleted the cover from my reply, so you won't see it now.)

message 21: by Christie (new)

Christie Rich | 337 comments That's so weird! I'm glad you said that. I'm going to check more closely from now on. :)

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 198 comments Hmm. So many good indie books. Hmmm.

Joe by H.D. Gordon

message 23: by Christie (new)

Christie Rich | 337 comments Ooh, Terri! I want to read that too.

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 198 comments IKR! Pretty cover!

message 25: by Mad about (new)

Mad about (natalie-anundertheduvetreader) | 49 comments David Estes group is giving FREE copies of his first book in the trilogy Angel Evolution
June15th-July 15th they'll be discussing 2 chapters each day.
I've just got my copy so will be doing it

message 26: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

I second Joe by H.D. Gordon !!!

Love this Author and cant wait to read Joe! =D

message 27: by Think (new)

Think | 53 comments The Twenty (Barronlands Trilogy, #1) by Claudia Carozza This book is awesome.

message 28: by Barb (new)

Barb Mode I'd like to nominate the first book from the "Progenter" series (Progeneter: Mayans, the Skull and the Chimera of Immortality). Not only is it a great action book, but I see the author will give a free e-reader away to every 100th purchaser! So if you find you like the book, you could later buy copies for friends and relatives, and maybe win a free e-reader! Progeneter Mayans, the Skull & the Chimera of Immortality by Steve Bareham

message 29: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Jefford | 8 comments Thank you for choosing Entangled for July's Independent Author BOTM. Highlight of my week!

In celebration of making BOTM and the release of the paperback, I'm giving away three print copies here at Goodreads.

Giveaway runs now through July 15th. (US/Canada)

http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...

Hope you enjoy!

message 30: by Tanecia , The bookworm (new)

Nikki wrote: "Thank you for choosing Entangled for July's Independent Author BOTM. Highlight of my week!

In celebration of making BOTM and the release of the paperback, I'm giving away three print copies here a..."

Thanks Nikki!! I guess while everyone is reading Entangled I will be reading the second installment. I sooo cant wait! :D

message 31: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 20 comments Entangled looks fantastic! Can't wait to read it

message 32: by Sheri, Princess of Power (new)

Entangled (Spellbound #1) by Nikki Jefford
is the book that came out ahead in the polls!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

I humbly nominate 'Rise of Satan', Book One of the Superstars Trilogy.

Rise of Satan

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

101 (other topics)
The Black Horseman (other topics)
Moon Spell (other topics)
Replay (other topics)
Night Realm (other topics)
More...