*~Can't Stop Reading~* discussion

Series Discussion > The Kingkiller chronicle

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bev (last edited Jun 10, 2012 04:39AM) (new)

Bev (Greenginger) | 296 comments Hi has anyone read the first two books in this set -
The Name of the Wind and The Wiseman's Fear?

If so what did you think and when do you think he will finish the last book?

Author is Patrick Rothfuss.

message 2: by Jonathan, A dream within a dream (new)

Jonathan (Mistborn22) | 387 comments Mod
I have read the first two and liked them but not enough to rave about them as some people do. They're well written and interesting that is for sure.

I believe that the rumoured date of publication is set for sometime around next year. If so that will be a big year of new fantasy novels with the finale of The Wheel of Time and the final Kingkiller novel due for release.

message 3: by Bev (new)

Bev (Greenginger) | 296 comments I really enjoyed them Jonathan but I cant quite put my finger on why. I hope it is next year.

message 4: by Elise (last edited Jun 21, 2012 10:41PM) (new)

Elise (Geordielass) | 27 comments I've just read them and I'm with Jonathan, they're good, but not as good as many people claim.

They feel like they could have been really good if they'd had a better editor who could have convinced the author to be a bit more conscise. A great plot, but knocking 100 pages off by just tightening up the writing would have improved it enormously.

Gigantic rambling narratives are not exactly unusual in fantasy writing, though; I blame Tolkein.

unread topics | mark unread